Marcel

No interest in dating or social life

33 posts in this topic

You should socialize just to push your comfort zone and gain more life experience but in the end nothing is gonna beat the spiritual pleasure of pure metaphysical understanding. So if you can be happy solo, that's actually a great gift.

But don't become a recluse. Gain some socialization and dating experience while you are young. It can be fun.

In the end you will find the highest joy is found alone, not with others. Don't let others gaslight you about that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

but in the end nothing is gonna beat the spiritual pleasure of pure metaphysical understanding.

Lol you sound identical to Aristotle at the end of his Ethics (on contemplation) despite mostly disregarding him for his dualism.

Funny how that works :D

It's Love.

Go to a spirituality and/or psychedelics focused festival amd the amount of socialization will fry your brain, in a good way, heh. By seeing people there you might accurately judge if it's worth it for you to pursue friendship or date someone with a worldview similar to yours. I guess it will actually be worth it in your opinion. If you don't know how to talk with people in such environment, you can get to basics, ask them about some practical triviality, why they came here or where they came from, to check if maybe they are from the same region/city as you. If you are ok with being a little weird, you can ask people if they know Leo's channel haha, you might strike an instant friend for the whole festival like that. If you read and try to understand reality a lot, then I am sure people will find you interesting.

You are still young. Obviously, your parents are not rushing you as well. Good for you.

43 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Go to a spirituality and/or psychedelics focused festival amd the amount of socialization will fry your brain, in a good way, heh. By seeing people there you might accurately judge if it's worth it for you to pursue friendship or date someone with a worldview similar to yours. I guess it will actually be worth it in your opinion. If you don't know how to talk with people in such environment, you can get to basics, ask them about some practical triviality, why they came here or where they came from, to check if maybe they are from the same region/city as you. If you are ok with being a little weird, you can ask people if they know Leo's channel haha, you might strike an instant friend for the whole festival like that. If you read and try to understand reality a lot, then I am sure people will find you interesting.

This is good advice 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Waken

16 hours ago, Waken said:

because being with other people on this planet can come with some unease for me.

Its almost the exact same thing for me, being around other people doesnt make me feel uneasy, but it drains of a lot of energy, if i stay with a large group for a while, i´ll literally start to get sleepy and tired pretty fast, even if i just sit there and dont interact with anybody.

Thanks for sharing your journey, now im able to look at it from a different standpoint aswell. 

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

@Leo Gura

That is about the train of thought i was on when starting this topic. 

About becoming a recluse, now that i have read a lot of the  answers that people submitted here, im starting to see how in one way my current lifestyle has elevated me to some degree, making me more conscious and openminded, but at the same time had certain limitations that i wasnt aware of.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But don't become a recluse. Gain some socialization and dating experience while you are young. It can be fun.

In the end you will find the highest joy is found alone, not with others. Don't let others gaslight you about that.

I have this tendency to take things to its extremes, this in one way helped me, but also almost destroyed me at times.

For example: I was an A-Student at school, completely silent, insecure, low self-esteem, no confidence, introverted  and never said a word, then quit school and started network marketing, created an instagram account with daily tips etc. ( I don´t run this thing anymore, im not trying to self advertise, the account has been deleted by me a while back and cant be found ) , becoming super extroverted. Then after that endeavor failed, i became totally demotivated basically turned into a recluse, got really depressed / suicidal and gained 35 kg ( Yes i sat on the couch and watched TV all day, im not kidding ). And now we´re here, i lost 25 kg, meditate and study daily, workout 3-4 times a week, start posting on forums, and want to figure out how to turn my  creativity in to an occupation.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

@Girzo I see a pattern, it seems my situation revolves around my ideas and theories about socializing vs. direct experience of it,, to actually verify  or disprove what i have been thinking all this time.

Going to a spirituality and/or psychedelics focused festival seems interesting, funny that i have never considered doing that.

Also i have probably looked for friends in the wrong environment, i used to have a bunch of gamer buddies and was a gamer myself and generally sinked a ton of time, thousands of hours into gaming. So by that logic, being in a festival environment with psychedelics may be a good place to start.

@hyruga

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

You are still young. Obviously, your parents are not rushing you as well. Good for you.

You´re right, my parents don´t rush me at all, to their detriment to a certain degree, because it took me quite a while to find something i wanted to do and at the same time develop the discipline to pull it through. 

Did a ton of mistakes on the way, but i guess its good that way.

@fopylo

16 hours ago, fopylo said:

If you being the most authentic means you will have tons of sex, this doesn't mean to be resistant of it and hate that idea. The thing is that the moment you get there it you will feel actually very good.

Remember, after all, it's your authentic self, and being authentic feels free and cool

Right, depending on the person different things will feel good in different situations.

I suppose my ideas are not fixed and are still subject to change, since direct experience may disrupt my petty theories and thoughts about relationships.

Well, i´ll try to look forward to that process, i definitely need to get out of my head more.

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

Its almost the exact same thing for me, being around other people doesnt make me feel uneasy, but it drains of a lot of energy, if i stay with a large group for a while, i´ll literally start to get sleepy and tired pretty fast, even if i just sit there and dont interact with anybody.

Thanks for sharing your journey, now im able to look at it from a different standpoint aswell. 

Ha, yes I know that well. I guess you might find yourself in quite some points of a highly sensitive person  https://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/ . 
All the best to you

On 8/5/2021 at 8:21 AM, gettoefl said:

if you watch leo's latest video he says you have to be perfectly fine with the 1-person universe, your bliss your joy your wonder must come from your own source

Which video is this please? ?