Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asifarahim

Is shadow work enough to heal deep traumas

20 posts in this topic

I have  many years of reading pending.and my first priority is getting basics like getting enough to survive.but i have deep traumas that cause me annoyance every day.

So my question is , is working on leos book on shadow work enough to heal the deep traumas i have .or what is the single book that will heal all my deep traumas.

Like i said i need to work a hell lot to survive and working on emotions is a luxury for me.but these traumas are a bitch.they are in my throat suffocating me .i found that meditation is not enough.i have a lifetime full of traumas to heal.

I know that there are yogic breathing exercises that effectively helps release trauma from your body (traumas stuck in body's tissues so it's not enough to work on trauma realse only on the intellectual level). It called Pranayama I think. It's something that you actually can practice and there are some exercises on YouTube. 

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

@asifarahim Probably not enough. Healing traumas can take a life time. But, be encouraged, because it's more about the process instead of just reaching a "healed" place. 

"You Create Magic" 

It's a lot of things because trauma effects so many of the bodies systems at once.

You can reach a healed place. You can reclaim the inner kingdom and get to the other shore. 

As you get your mind together, begin collecting tools and researching trauma in general. I think it needs to be a patient process that will unfold as you persistently move toward a clear and balanced mind. There are other books on the book list that are great imo for overcoming trauma as well thought not explicit. Not sure if I can name them here, but if you own the book list send me a message.

I recommend having a professional to talk to, and having your own systems like meditation, journaling, self study and reading, eating healthy, getting enough sleep. Putting relaxation, rest, clarity, introspection, reading, feeling into your body etc first. Good luck

Yoga, Qigong, meditation, Journaling, reading books, doing de-armouring sessions with someone, maybe psychedelics if in the right setting and done properly, reading books on trauma that pertains to your own trauma, books on forgiveness, transference, developing your adversitiy quotient, books with affirmations to reprogram your mind etc

1. Some trauma is psychological and results in mental emotional habits such as transference, thought loops, mental distortions, irrational beliefs, etc

2. Other aspects of trauma are dealing with the mind body connection, your breathing, the quality of your polyvagel system and mind body connection, how your skeletal system is aligned (ie, how is your posture?), how is the Qi flowing through your body and what quality and balance is it? Can you find practices that allow you to get out of fight or flight and into rest and recovery mode? The more you do that, while using your tools the better I think you will heal. Speak to a professional!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Meditation
Journaling
Self-Study
Forgiveness/Compassion cultivation
Contemplation (habits, emotions, lifestyle)
Talk to other people about shit you don't even care about
Holotropic breathing/Wim hoff method
EMDR
Yoga
Qigong
Talk therapy
Affirmations
Sleep
Diet
De-armouring (vunrability with someone else)
Psychedelics (with intergration)
Shadow work
Surrendering practices (laying down is good doing that)

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

The key here and the overarching issue is the habit of focusing on what you do not want, focusing on flaws or separation. So if you go on the belief or paradigm that you are flawed or injured, this is all you see, all you perpetuate. Healing happens out of well being. If I have a stomach bug and can't sleep because I'm just that miserable, thinking about being nauseous does not allow me to recover, it makes me more nauseous. I end up creating more intensity and suffering than is inherent because of my body's fighting this virus. So I watch TV, crappy TV, any TV, doesn't matter. As long as I get my focus off the nausea, I'm good. If however, I truly need to throw up, ignoring that means I ruin the couch. This is where you bring in wisdom to know when something needs attention and action and when it needs you to switch you focus and interrupt the rumination on it. 

Go in the direction of feeling good. If you need to express, talk to someone. Journal, cry, swear. Put a metaphorical bucket by the couch. Use it when you need to. But find things in life that feel good. Go for your dreams, cultivate joy. Appreciate people, milk the beauty and love and fun out of life. That's what you came for. If there's something that needs to be released to more fully allow that, going in the direction of feeling good will only speed the process up. There's so much more well being and good in you than bad, allow that to dominate and it will do its work, it is healing, wholeness itself, Give THAT your attention. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Combining shadow work with bliss work helps a lot. We can get stuck in focusing on feeling our pain. It really helps to give the childhood versions of us the infinite satisfaction they always wanted. Lets say I experienced a huge loss as a child. This is going to sound like woohoo, but the more I play with the imagination of having had a perfect childhood where that loss did not happen and feeling what that feels like, the more I will notice positive shifts in my identity in the present. The reason this works so well is because infinite love is the case anyway and you are the ultimate creator of your life. This technique can speed up the healing process tremendously.

2 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

@catcat69123 i @catcat69123 i cannot do all these.what i found is that meditation and yoga alone wont solve all traumas.maybe a decade of practice would heal it.

@Wilhelm44 i am now triying to dive deep into shadow work.

What happens nowadays is that ,i work peacefully then out of the blue a trauma suddenly hit myself and i have to calm myself for 5 minutes and return to work.then after some peaceful work another trauma hit myself

Yoga and meditation is not enough

@asifarahim Time+ Repeated exposure + Understanding + Meditation,yoga psychedelics + Healthy lifestyle + Purpose + Supportive friends + Therapy + Creativity + Practicing self love is what heals trauma's not books or videos, those are only used to guide in the right direction 

@asifarahim No that is a common misconception. 

Narcisim is actually a toxic ego like a black hole, where self love is like a well grounded human who is a 'white' hole over flowing with love.

I am still working on self love!

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, asifarahim said:

@Wilhelm44 i am now triying to dive deep into shadow work.

What happens nowadays is that ,i work peacefully then out of the blue a trauma suddenly hit myself and i have to calm myself for 5 minutes and return to work.then after some peaceful work another trauma hit myself

Yoga and meditation is not enough

When struggling on your own, it is always an option to look for a good intuitive healer in your area.

Here is a great Qigong class for you to try 

◭"89"

You’ll be here again, and there will be trauma. Being born is traumatic; we’re all born of pain, babies are slapped just to breathe, and die without love. 

But next go round there will be a book which heals.

Write. That. Book. 

That is the transmutation. That is the healing. That is your beauty. 

It doesn’t matter if it’s good, clear, published, bought, sold, or ever read. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@asifarahim I don't think so.

I have experienced a lot of trauma in my childhood growing up. Music has been a major refuge for me, I play the violin and the sounds alone bring a calm to me that shadow work simply wouldn't do alone. 

There are a number of studies on the effects of music. 

We have to face ourselves in that way you say though.

I wish you the best. What kind of trauma? I was very neglected by my parents, self love into my memories has been of great benefit to me. To feel the self warmth wash all over you.

Edited by Esilda

4 hours ago, Esilda said:

Music has been a major refuge for me, I play the violin and the sounds alone bring a calm to me that shadow work simply wouldn't do alone. 

Absolutely agree with this, learning to play instruments like the violin cultivates sensitivity and presence, it seems to me - it brings to mind something Shinichi Suzuki said: that he taught the violin not to add more violinists to the world, but to develop the heart and improve the character of the music student. I love that, I think that's a great way of looking at it :)

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan