ToaTokuchi

Why not test your IQ?

64 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Is that because your IQ is 115? ;)

Yes ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

17 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Is that because your IQ is 115? ;)

Why is the literal atheist insulting anyone's IQ again? haha
80684488_2647051375389870_6692265595057995776_n_48.jpg

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, lmfao said:

Why is the literal atheist insulting anyone's IQ again haha
80684488_2647051375389870_6692265595057995776_n_48.jpg

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

The smartest thing you can do with an IQ test is to not take one. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Some idiots obsess over iq like it is the universal measure of intelligence. Funny. 

IQ may not provide us with a holistic understanding of intelligence but I can’t help and feel a little insecure about it from time to time, knowing that there are somethings I’ll never grasp as deeply or as quickly as other people

Taking test would just create a limiting belief - one that is especially persistent due to the illusion of scientificity 

Mine is at like 132-or-something, from a decade ago when I took the test officially for an aptitude test.  Just average intelligence in my opinion, which is fine, as most people are.  As for unhealthy habits, I have heard the smarter you are the more neurotic you can be.  Not always, but if we look at many of the top geniuses of their time, they were often very strange and with habits that one might not call healthy nor conventional.  Creativity can be burdensome and often it comes with a sort of openness that leaves you predisposed to negative traits as well as positive ones.

The thing that creates innovating ideas is called low latent inhibition, which comes with a whole host of things that need to be mastered in order to use it effectively.  Being able to mix and match things through combinatory play is probably more valuable than IQ score imo.

21 minutes ago, Loba said:

Mine is at like 132-or-something, from a decade ago when I took the test officially for an aptitude test. Just average intelligence in my opinion, which is fine, as most people are.

If your idea of average is 1.16% of the population, then sure.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard I think it's what you do with it that counts, and I didn't really do much with it so I consider myself average over someone with a lower IQ who accomplished more in life.  I think the test is kind of nonsense because I just have a GED and some college education and always had a hard time in school and yet I score high on these sorts of tests.

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Some idiots obsess over iq like it is the universal measure of intelligence. Funny. 

Hmmmm....¬¬

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@ItsNick Remember that JP is talking within a strict academic definition of "existence". From that perspective, he is right. Psychometrics is very dry stuff and psychologists are very self-critical when it comes to evaluating construct validity, mostly because of the methodological spite from adjacent STEM fields. However, today's academia is not the end all be all of truth. Innovation exists tomorrow.

21 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

The smartest thing you can do with an IQ test is to not take one. 

Stealing this quote for my book.

5 hours ago, ItsNick said:

Not a very intelligent position from JP.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

There certainly are many dimensions and expressions of intelligence. Just because you haven't figured out how to measure it doesn't mean it isn't real.

Why on Earth would you allow left-brained addicts like JP to define your intelligence? That would be like allowing your value as a human to be defined by arm-wrestling the biggest chimp at the zoo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, Leo Gura said:

Because my intelligence far outstrips any one-dimensional attempt to quantify it.

In fact, my intelligence is infinite.

When are you gonna realize yours is too?

if your intelligence is infinite then wouldnt you have already single handedly like eliminated all suffering on the planet and done things which I cant even imagine?

16 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

if your intelligence is infinite then wouldnt you have already single handedly like eliminated all suffering on the planet and done things which I cant even imagine?

No, since I created the entire Universe and all the suffering in it for good reason.

I have done things which you cannot imagine, but how will you know since it takes intelligence to recognize intelligence?

When your intelligence reaches mine, you'll realize you invented the entire Universe ;)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Stealing this quote for my book.

It's your own  quote LOL 

1 minute ago, Jacob Morres said:

It's your own  quote LOL 

Is it? I have talked to much I cannot remember 10% of what I've said.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Is it? I have talked to much I cannot remember 10% of what I've said.

Oh wow. 10%. You have such great memory. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.