kras

I can't express myself

11 posts in this topic

I have very hard time opening up and talking about myself with basicly everybody, even the close people that i have in my life.

I can talk with somebody but about himself just asking questions and making comments. Its very hard for me to share my stories, express my feelings or  talk about my personal life.  

Its quite difficult to connect with new people, once we had our conversation they end up knowing very little about me or nothing. 

I think that is self esteem issue? What do you think.

You could be introverted and uncomfortable opening up. Try to socialize more.. have the courage to be emotionally vulnerable. 

But be around people who respect you. Only then you can open up.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

What do you think will happen if you do open up and communicate fully with someone? 

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

What do you think will happen if you do open up and communicate fully with someone? 

This is a key question I think. People often fear negative judgment if they express themselves honestly, they think others will be horrified or repelled (I know I've felt this myself) and that leads them to become uncommunicative and closed off. But other people are often much more understanding and sympathetic than we imagine they'll be.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

7 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

people are often much more understanding and sympathetic than we imagine they'll be.

Yes they are. Because how would you be? @kras If you struggle with what Ricky is describing, know that all people operate the same because all people ARE the same. We are ONE.  

@kras Best thing to do is not frame this as an issue in the first place (or some inherent wrong of your personality).

Sounds to me that you may just be introverted, but you could also be socially awkward. There are practical resources that can find (articles, books, coaches, etc) that you can leverage to become more social...if that's what you want. Society makes a big deal out of socialization, but if that's not you..I wouldn't sweat.

However, if there is a desire, then know that it can be improved. If fear holds you back, you'll want to be honest with yourself about it. That would be the first thing to tackle. Best of luck.

Requires massive practice.

You simply lack practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Gianna said:

Yes they are. Because how would you be?

I know, it's so true - I remember Adyashanti saying that the person you'll have the hardest time accepting is you, yourself, and I think he was so right about that (I've certainly found it to be true in my own case, at least).

@Terell Kirby Excellent post.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Well I don't think you have to struggle to much with this. It's fine. Everybody has some things to work out. One of the things you could do if you like is just when an opportunity arises, share even just the tinniest bit more than you usually do. You could start easy, like sharing on the internet when it feels right, whatever. You keep doing that and after a while you find that you're actually much opener than you used to be. 

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

@RickyFitts Beautiful :$

I know, I always find it so heart-breaking when people can't see how wonderful they are, it makes me wish they could see themselves through my eyes...