Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

What is the greatest spiritual goal?

31 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

What are some awesome spiritual goals which keep you guys motivated to keep going? 

Exploring as many alerted states of consciousness, either through meditation or psychedelics or both at once

Reducing suffering

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

2 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Exploring as many alerted states of consciousness, either through meditation or psychedelics or both at once

Reducing suffering

You delved into Jhana much? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

10 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Damn it! I don’t like this! I want more haha ? but I don’t give enough of a shit to care on much but just being a good person to others longer than 5 minutes to actualize anything anyway. Even feeling my super satisfying bliss sensations just isn’t worth the effort anymore. I’m just a bum, and it feels so devilishly good. 

Yeah, we usually try to resist it for as long as we can because what falls away is what we believe to be 'me'. ??

My ultimate goal is to stop trying to change anything and simply be at ease with whatever is.

Actually that's already the case if I don't have free will, but it still feels like I do, so I go around thinking I'm trying to do stuff, survive, have fun and make the world a better place in my small way.

In the meantime I want to be of some loving service to my family, local community etc. Be a good dad, husband etc. Look after myself wholistically. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

To gradually see myself more clearly as the creator of this experience. Nowadays, I oftentimes identify myself as nothing-aspect of consciousness but I see that the everything/light of awareness/creator aspect of consciousness will in time shine more and more through the experience.

Edited by Delis

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

what falls away is what we believe to be 'me'.

it falls away but then returns, and is much happier when he knows that it is not real. before that he lived in panic

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

it falls away but then returns, and is much happier when he knows that it is not real. before that he lived in panic

And then it can be transcended and fall away completely.

16 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

You delved into Jhana much? 

at one time I could enter 5th Jhana but now I'm working to get to access concentration again

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Infinite goals endlessly presenting themselves to be completed as construed by the circumstances life presents to stimulate the conditioning of this body.  Can the body trust that the greatest goals are already in its course? Can it trust that completing the quests set before it in the present moment will bring it to the highest peaks of apparent spiritual achievement? 

Being grounded, humble, sane, clear minded, at peace, in control of your emotions, not needing to prove yourself to others.

From there, you know the others realms open up. But first, we really need to focus on like.. cleaning up. Getting our lives together. Being grounded, sane etc. Spirituality shouldn't be a race of up and down, trying to prove myself as capable or etc.. It's about BEING what you are, as you are in the moment. 

Facing yourself, doing the hard work of facing just how fucking deceived you are, how wrong you have been and persisting to recontextualize, and love yourself.

To forgive yourself, others, to be healthy, balanced and functional adult. That is a spiritual person vs spiritual ego, maybe

The higher fruits will blossom. I think we need to focus on being humble gardeners first, instead of the next buddha. None of us are chosen, as far as I can tell. Unless you self select, but then you must be have a garden already tended. Let reality humble the shit out of you. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art It is being the humble gardener that would lead one to spontaneously becoming the next Buddha anyway! For how could one be such a role if they had “reached” it by “aspiring” to it! Lol!

Besides, there are already plenty of “next Buddhas” out there, exactly as many as needed.

Then we get the ones trying  to be that which takes us over the edge, if you will.

Be the Buddha of your garden, of your gut bacteria, your brain and your bedroom and see what happens hahaha.