vindicated erudite

How does one heavy metal detox?

12 posts in this topic

The only way I know how to detox heavy metal is by increasing dietary fiber. Are there any other ways of detoxing?

I'm sure that I would benefit detoxing, I'm hoping a detox can increase my lucid dreaming and astral projecting activities since my dreams are pretty fuzzy.

Any help?

It makes me really sick personally, but I have heard of people using huperzine-A for dreaming. I don't really recall much of the facts on it as it has been a few years now. You'll have to do your own research on it. Sickness can be caused if your brain already produces too much of the chemical it creates supposedly. I dream quite often as it is, so that could have been my issue. 

I am not so sure there is a known connection between dreaming and the levels of heavy metals in your body. Personally, I would try some different techniques for lucid dreaming. I use to do it about 7 years ago with some good success. I would usually do something like flip a light switch in the dream to confirm I was there. The light switch won't work. I would also start spinning in the dream if I was going to wake up. 

Other than the protocols Leo and others have mentioned (DMSA, etc.)

I suggest you start to learn about methylation. If you have a genetic polymorphism that impairs methylation (which more than 60% of people have), then you need to support methylation by consuming.

1. Methylated biologically active forms of (Folate, b12, b6, riboflavin) and methyl donors. I use this supplement. (I have no affiliation with the company.)
  2. Consume creatine

You also need to support the body's endogenous detoxification. The best food for this is broccoli sprouts.

Detoxification is a nutrient heavy process. You lose many minerals and vitamins; it is safe to say that if you are low in those nutrients (Mg,Zn, Vit C, Folate, etc. etc.), it will be hard for your body to detox. Make sure u're on top of your micro/macronutrient intake.

Sauna bathing has been shown to excrete heavy metals. Go to google scholar and type (sauna heavy metals). You also lose minerals like Mg, Zn, Iodine as well, not just heavy metals.

Avoid heavy metals in food, fish, and animal flesh, especially fatty meat has the most. Rice also has a lot of lead.

44 minutes ago, Twega said:

Detoxification is a nutrient heavy process. You lose many minerals and vitamins; it is safe to say that if you are low in those nutrients (Mg,Zn, Vit C, Folate, etc. etc.), it will be hard for your body to detox. Make sure u're on top of your micro/macronutrient intake.

YES! Detoxification is the exact opposite of stripping the body of food and juice cleansing, proper nourishment is essential otherwise the liver struggles and toxins actually end up being reopened and turned into free radicals. Great post @Twega !

@vindicated erudite It's a very very complex topic however it appears the most effective way we have at the moment to pull heavy metals out, is indeed the chelation protocol that has been discussed here many times. At least once toxicity of mercury, lead or other metals has been confirmed on the test. However for general cleanse and removal of any built-up of things like persistent organic pollutants, pesticide residue, hydrocarbons etc, chelation is not needed and regular protocol at strengthening the main elimination organs is a good way forward during which the most polluted foods (e.g. most animal products) need to be eliminated for a short time as well as alcohol, sugar and salt.  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

YES! Detoxification is the exact opposite of stripping the body of food and juice cleansing, proper nourishment is essential otherwise the liver struggles and toxins actually end up being reopened and turned into free radicals. Great post @Twega !

@Michael569  It is so funny that people's ideas/protocols for detoxing are the exact opposite of what the body actually needs to detox. xD I suppose the thinking goes, "I eat garbage, so if I stop eating the garbage, my body will detox." I guess..... but have you ever thought of actually not eating garbage and eating nourishing foods and let your body do the work?

7 hours ago, Average Investor said:

It makes me really sick personally, but I have heard of people using huperzine-A for dreaming. I don't really recall much of the facts on it as it has been a few years now. You'll have to do your own research on it. Sickness can be caused if your brain already produces too much of the chemical it creates supposedly. I dream quite often as it is, so that could have been my issue. 

I am not so sure there is a known connection between dreaming and the levels of heavy metals in your body. Personally, I would try some different techniques for lucid dreaming. I use to do it about 7 years ago with some good success. I would usually do something like flip a light switch in the dream to confirm I was there. The light switch won't work. I would also start spinning in the dream if I was going to wake up. 

I've taken Huperzine-A for lucid dreaming before and I was unimpressed with the results. It left me with a pleasant feeling when I slept but it didn't really increase my dream quality.

1 hour ago, Twega said:

I suggest you start to learn about methylation. If you have a genetic polymorphism that impairs methylation (which more than 60% of people have), then you need to support methylation by consuming.

1. Methylated biologically active forms of (Folate, b12, b6, riboflavin) and methyl donors. I use this supplement. (I have no affiliation with the company.)
  2. Consume creatine

You also need to support the body's endogenous detoxification. The best food for this is broccoli sprouts.

Sauna bathing has been shown to excrete heavy metals. Go to google scholar and type (sauna heavy metals). You also lose minerals like Mg, Zn, Iodine as well, not just heavy metals.

Avoid heavy metals in food, fish, and animal flesh, especially fatty meat has the most. Rice also has a lot of lead.

Cheers for the advice.

I'll stick to naturally occuring forms of methylation since I've heard that pills can go rancid pretty easily. 

Also I've heard that celtic grey salt is pretty good at replenishing your mineral intake. I'll try adding some to my water after I take a hot shower.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@vindicated erudite It's a very very complex topic however it appears the most effective way we have at the moment to pull heavy metals out, is indeed the chelation protocol that has been discussed here many times. At least once toxicity of mercury, lead or other metals has been confirmed on the test. However for general cleanse and removal of any built-up of things like persistent organic pollutants, pesticide residue, hydrocarbons etc, chelation is not needed and regular protocol at strengthening the main elimination organs is a good way forward during which the most polluted foods (e.g. most animal products) need to be eliminated for a short time as well as alcohol, sugar and salt.  

So if I drink lots of filtered water I should be good for the most part. 

2 hours ago, Twega said:

2. Consume creatine

I assume this strategy covers hormone disruptors. Am I correct?

40 minutes ago, vindicated erudite said:

On its own that's not a detox protocol but it will reduce how much stuff is coming in for sure :)A structured detox/cleanse protocol takes some time and should last at least 4 weeks, ideally 12

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

19 minutes ago, vindicated erudite said:

I'll stick to naturally occuring forms of methylation since I've heard that pills can go rancid pretty easily. 

I don't know where you heard this, but it is not true. Methylcobalamin is the active form of b12, and I've had it on my shelf for over a year, and it has not gone rancid. Millions of people buy this supplement and it going rancid is not a concern. If so, this had to do more with the storage environment than the compound itself. What can go rancid is oils, and even that is not true in every context. Extractions using supercritical fluids and under nitrogen blankets can greatly enhance the molecular integrity and thus shelf-life.

All of these are natural forms of methylated vitamins: the biologically active forms require complex enzymatic reactions

All of the biological functions of folic acid are performed by THF and its methylated derivatives. Hence folic acid must first be reduced to THF. This four electron reduction proceeds in two chemical steps both catalyzed by the same enzyme, dihydrofolate reductase. Folic acid is first reduced to dihydrofolate and then to tetrahydrofolate. Each step consumes one molecule of NADPH (biosynthetically derived from vitamin B3) and produces one molecule of NADP.

So your body needs to go through multiple steps to turn folate into methyl folate "the active form of folate". If you have a genetic polymorphism then your body cannot convert folate into methyl folate.  

Technically all methylated vitamins are naturally occurring from: you're taking the same methyl folate the body makes and taking it from a pill. Remember it does not matter what you personally think is natural, your body does that, it recognizes methylfolate from a pill the same as it would if it converted folic acid to methylfolate.

You can get L-methylfolate from foods, but remember the quantities will be less and not all of the folate content will be the biologically active form. Methylfolate degrades easily in food so the fresher the better.

22 minutes ago, vindicated erudite said:

Also I've heard that celtic grey salt is pretty good at replenishing your mineral intake.

Not without overdosing on sodium. Keep it simple. No need for fancy salts that you do not even know with precision how many milligrams of minerals are in there.  Try to get your minerals from food, and those in which you cannot in appreciable quantities (maybe Magnesium) get a chelated form like Magnesium, Biglycinate, or Magnesium L-threonate. Get them from reputable vendors who conduct in-house and third-party testing with each batch assigned to a lot number where it is tested. A certificate of analysis is available upon request. That way, you know exactly what you're getting. Magnesium Biglycinate is as natural as it gets. It doesn't matter if it is bought from a supplement or consumed in salt: the body does not distinguish them. With a supplement, you know exactly how much is in there. With salt: you do not, and even if you did, you would not reach appreciable quantities.

11 minutes ago, vindicated erudite said:

I assume this strategy covers hormone disruptors. Am I correct?

Filtered water removes minerals it does not add them. So if anything you are getting fewer minerals that are needed for detoxification. Not saying you should not drink filtered water though.

It does not cover all of them, but methylation, in general, supports endocrine health. Since you mentioned it: sea salt may contain microplastic, which is an endocrine disrupter. This is why I'm telling you to get minerals from supplements. We cannot avoid eating food: so get the highest quality food you can: plug it in chronometer: whatever you are left deficient in: get via supplements from reputable vendors who meet the criteria I listed above.

Good luck, wish you the best of health.

8 hours ago, Droo_ said:

Wouldn't you say that most foods, including vegetables and fruits, are toxic to some degree if you buy them from a grocery store?

To a degree yes. But so is there air we breathe and water we drink pretty much anywhere in the world now. It's all about avoiding the major contaminants that are not necessary for survival. Plants are, animals mostly aren't. 

8 hours ago, Droo_ said:

Also what makes animal products, alcohol, sugar, and salt the most polluted? 

in animals, it is the fat tissue because some of the things like POPs attach to lipids and stay there pretty much forever. But also the way cattle and birds are being raised & fed, there is a lot of exposure, cross-contamination through each other's faeces, often grazing on fertilised lands etc. Ofcourse this is less of a problem if cattle is pasture-raised in a clean environment, somewhere close to the coast. Additionally, you've got the fact that compared to wild animals who have minimum fat, cattle grown on-farm are fattened to the point of bovine obesity. SO the steak you'd eat is filled with saturated fats and highly pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid. Oh and then high levels of bovine sex hormones post-birth are a concern as well. 

With fish, it comes down to global water pollution, volcanic activity throwing ever more heavy metals in the ocean, microplastics and toxins from human origin, leakage of oil, acidic rainfall and all the garbage we dump in oceans. I used to believe some fish is healthy but nowadays I am not so sure anymore. It's getting worse 

Sugar isn't polluted per se but it is proinflammatory which is the biggest issue with it. Alcohol is a systemic toxin and hepatotoxin and when you detox the last thing you wanna do is to have competitive detoxification between alcohol and the actual toxins that are coming out. With salt again, it is the high amounts ae proinflammatory, this depletes glutathione which is essential when you detox. It also forces kidneys to work extra hard which again is not something you want f you cleanse. 

On 03/08/2021 at 1:21 PM, Twega said:

I don't know where you heard this, but it is not true. Methylcobalamin is the active form of b12, and I've had it on my shelf for over a year, and it has not gone rancid. Millions of people buy this supplement and it going rancid is not a concern. If so, this had to do more with the storage environment than the compound itself. What can go rancid is oils, and even that is not true in every context. Extractions using supercritical fluids and under nitrogen blankets can greatly enhance the molecular integrity and thus shelf-life.

All of these are natural forms of methylated vitamins: the biologically active forms require complex enzymatic reactions

All of the biological functions of folic acid are performed by THF and its methylated derivatives. Hence folic acid must first be reduced to THF. This four electron reduction proceeds in two chemical steps both catalyzed by the same enzyme, dihydrofolate reductase. Folic acid is first reduced to dihydrofolate and then to tetrahydrofolate. Each step consumes one molecule of NADPH (biosynthetically derived from vitamin B3) and produces one molecule of NADP.

So your body needs to go through multiple steps to turn folate into methyl folate "the active form of folate". If you have a genetic polymorphism then your body cannot convert folate into methyl folate.  

Technically all methylated vitamins are naturally occurring from: you're taking the same methyl folate the body makes and taking it from a pill. Remember it does not matter what you personally think is natural, your body does that, it recognizes methylfolate from a pill the same as it would if it converted folic acid to methylfolate.

You can get L-methylfolate from foods, but remember the quantities will be less and not all of the folate content will be the biologically active form. Methylfolate degrades easily in food so the fresher the better.

Not without overdosing on sodium. Keep it simple. No need for fancy salts that you do not even know with precision how many milligrams of minerals are in there.  Try to get your minerals from food, and those in which you cannot in appreciable quantities (maybe Magnesium) get a chelated form like Magnesium, Biglycinate, or Magnesium L-threonate. Get them from reputable vendors who conduct in-house and third-party testing with each batch assigned to a lot number where it is tested. A certificate of analysis is available upon request. That way, you know exactly what you're getting. Magnesium Biglycinate is as natural as it gets. It doesn't matter if it is bought from a supplement or consumed in salt: the body does not distinguish them. With a supplement, you know exactly how much is in there. With salt: you do not, and even if you did, you would not reach appreciable quantities.

Filtered water removes minerals it does not add them. So if anything you are getting fewer minerals that are needed for detoxification. Not saying you should not drink filtered water though.

It does not cover all of them, but methylation, in general, supports endocrine health. Since you mentioned it: sea salt may contain microplastic, which is an endocrine disrupter. This is why I'm telling you to get minerals from supplements. We cannot avoid eating food: so get the highest quality food you can: plug it in chronometer: whatever you are left deficient in: get via supplements from reputable vendors who meet the criteria I listed above.

Good luck, wish you the best of health.

mark-cuban-shark-tank.gif

Cheers for the advice.