Raptorsin7

Would You Want Multiple Wives?

40 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Tangerinedream said:

i think People just find it harder to get in a relationship these days because everyone is isolated and fearful of commitment incase they miss out on something better.
I actually think it will get better though.  You don’t have much faith in the male populace.  There is a bit of confusion going on with the masculine and feminine atm, but ultimately I have faith that men will come out stronger and better on the other side.  Of course people now will suffer, but eventually things will balance out. 

I guess in light of what you wrote it's about a time period. There may be a generation of lost woman who were unable to find a suitable partner. 

I think it comes down to what woman will accept. I can't see men all of a sudden getting their shit together by the millions, not to mention the immutable characteristics  that woman find attractive, so if woman are willing to settle for what's available this can be avoided

@Tangerinedream I disagree. I think the first step is to be able to intimate with yourself. 

Edited by Raptorsin7

27 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If you have multiple children, would you not have a strong relationship with all children, even if it's not necessarily equal.

Lol. Looks like I don't have to edit anything, do I??

You're comparing apples and oranges. Mantaining a relationship with 3 adult women, and raising children, is galaxy apart in terms of difficulty. This stuff is too obvious.

21 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Think about it, why would a man want to legally bind himself (marriage/divorce fees and other expenses, let alone the headache, etc.) when he could already fuck any number of women he wants, effortlessly, and almost for free? It just doesn't make sense.

I think it's an ego thing. Some men want to have the cake and eat it too. Basically having a harem of women, that are "his".

Edited by Peter Miklis

47 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot But couldn't you also develop a strong and intimate connection with multiple partners?

Imagine a circumstance where you are with 1 woman, and she has 3 very close friends like her, who couldn't find a partner because high value men are more rare than high value woman. This could be a win-win-win circumstance. 

I see no reason why it's not possible to have an equally strong relationship with multiple woman

I see where you are coming from, but I don't fully agree. It's possible to have a intimate connection to multiple people at once, but it wouldn't be AS intimate as the connection you could have with a single person imo. I personally prefer to spend more time with fewer people and get to know them really well. That's the way I approach relationships.

Imagine spending 50 years trying to learn 50 different skills. Now imagine spending 50 years trying to learn 1 skills. Do you see the differences between these two? I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Both approaches add a different value to your life. It's really a question of: "What do I want from life?" There are benefits to having a lot of wives, but there are also a lot of benefits to having a single wife.

This metaphor is obviously imperfect, because you can spend time bonding with multiple women at once, but I still think that your relationship with these 3 wives couldn't reach the same depth of intimacy as it could if you had a single wife.

It's like a video game, where you can only reach a certain level and thus have to make sure to put your skill points into the skills you want. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Now this. Lmao.

Recipe for incest.

Just thinking about it. Gross.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Now this. Lmao.

Recipe for incest.

"If she's a step sister, it doesn't count"?

3 minutes ago, Peter Miklis said:

I think it's an ego thing. Some men want to have the cake and eat it too. Basically having a harem of women, that are "his".

In this case, slavery must be re-established first.

But let's be realistic, many male celebrities marry one woman and probably keep a rotation, let alone the constant random IG gigs. That's the real world, not some fantasy land.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Now this. Lmao.

Recipe for incest.

Why? I mean I can see it happening if we talk about some small village in the middle of nowhere, but what if you had this sort of relationship in a big city like New York?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Just now, Peter Miklis said:

"If she's a step sister, it doesn't count"?

Please no. Don't put such thoughts in my head.

Just thinking of a man standing with several wives. It reminds me of the LDS church disaster.

It looks like an illness.

And all those women carrying his babies as though he is some sperm donor.....ew ew ew. 

That destroys all my romantic dreams.

No.....

Hinduism is better lol. No bigamy allowed. Everything forbidden. Only single woman and man. Thank God.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Why? I mean I can see it happening if we talk about some small village in the middle of nowhere, but what if you had this sort of relationship in a big city like New York?

The chances of incest are very high here. Because down the road you end up meeting someone from the same bloodline.

Even nature forbids this.

Because it leads to defects in children.

It used to happen in small villages though.

But just gross.

34 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I'm not talking to OP anymore. If you're reading, don't reply. I'm not interested in teaching you kindergarten stuff.

?????xD

No. I’m not into marriage in general. Even worse with lots of girls.

13 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

But let's be realistic, many male celebrities marry one woman and probably keep a rotation, let alone the constant random IG gigs. That's the real world, not some fantasy land.

Not all of them, but some do for sure.

Although, I find that pretty scummy, this tendency to want relationship AND sleep around. Like MF, pick one?

This is an interesting entertinment of playful thoughts. 

What's more interesting is that thought defaulting towards MEN having multiple WIVES, but looking at the dynamics shifted compared to male dominated times of past or more primitive current societies, and the relationship power is clearly being shifted towards females, this would rather imply WOMEN having multiple HUSBANDS.

Men wouldn't have to worry about managing as you'd as a man likely be managed, being a function in a multifunctional male "harem" fulfilling and providing towards FEMALE needs based on one's skillset.

Lack of the primal sexual drives such as men have, the odds are more leaning towards men not being a sexual force in such an harem but a labor or some kind of intellectual tool, maintaining a rank between the accepted males within that harem.

It would leave gaps where females lose the ability to choose in the same way, and that further implies multi-female led harems where a single or few men are collectively used for sexual pleasure and reproductive needs with strong biological lines, and all others are such asexual tools. 

An arising of strong matriarchs xD

But no, although not too far fetched, that's just an alternative reality/dimension, or the narrative for a fictional book. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Miklis said:

Not all of them, but some do for sure.

Although, I find that pretty scummy, this tendency to want relationship AND sleep around. Like MF, pick one?

Exactly my thought.

1 hour ago, Peter Miklis said:

Lol. Looks like I don't have to edit anything, do I??

You're comparing apples and oranges. Mantaining a relationship with 3 adult women, and raising children, is galaxy apart in terms of difficulty. This stuff is too obvious.

How is it galaxies apart?

If anything raising children is much more difficult. Lol I think you do have some editing to do.

What's more difficult maintaining a relationship with a self sufficient adult, or raising multiple dependent children.

Fuck no.

Imagine getting divorced and splitting your earnings in half multiple times over..

Multiple GFs tho? Fuck yeah! Miss me with that Blue monogamist shit.

I once knew a polygamist from a Mormon group (not connected with any mainstream church).   He said that the purpose of polygamy for his sect was to have a lot of children, and the men with many children were chosen as the leaders.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I see where you are coming from, but I don't fully agree. It's possible to have a intimate connection to multiple people at once, but it wouldn't be AS intimate as the connection you could have with a single person imo. I personally prefer to spend more time with fewer people and get to know them really well. That's the way I approach relationships.

Imagine spending 50 years trying to learn 50 different skills. Now imagine spending 50 years trying to learn 1 skills. Do you see the differences between these two? I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Both approaches add a different value to your life. It's really a question of: "What do I want from life?" There are benefits to having a lot of wives, but there are also a lot of benefits to having a single wife.

This metaphor is obviously imperfect, because you can spend time bonding with multiple women at once, but I still think that your relationship with these 3 wives couldn't reach the same depth of intimacy as it could if you had a single wife.

It's like a video game, where you can only reach a certain level and thus have to make sure to put your skill points into the skills you want. 

I see your point. I think even if you had multiple wives there would be one or a few that you would end up forming a stronger relationship with than the others.

I was also thinking about this in terms of doing other people a favor. Have you seen the stats on single woman in a country like Korea? If your main partner had like 4 single friends who were unable to find a partner, maybe it could work if you add them all to your relationship. The man gets more sexual variety, and the woman get some form of intimacy and connection compared to just dying alone.

I texted with a girl/woman who was exploring polygamy, and she said she liked it so far. She proposed me that we could just let life flow and see how we felt to relate to each other (if at all). I resonated with her ideas about that. That eventually resulted to us not talking anymore because we both probably didn't quite feel it. I don't think you need to think on it so much, but just feel what feels best for you. For me the idea of having a love relationship with a single person currently feels best

Edited by Waken

lol, being married to one woman is enough trouble.

With a monogamous relationship, you have a relationship with your wife, and she has a relationship with you.

When there are three people, there are also relationships between your wives that could fuck up their relationship with you. I imagine that having a polyamorous relationship stable is next to impossible if you don't isolate these people from each other.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2