Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zen LaCroix

What is the best practice to do for releasing past trauma?

16 posts in this topic

Can you tell your personal experiences with these practices as well.

@Zen LaCroix There are many. I did The Work of Byron Katie for several years, it worked really well. There is a section on Leo’s booklist for ‘emotional mastery’. The books there will help you.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

for me one that is priceless is mushrooms in medium doses. the results border on the miracle

• Medium+ doses of LSD or mushrooms in combination with breath work, ice bath/showers, acupuncture mat and theta brainwaves binaural sounds. 
  • Energy work like shaktipat transmissions or Reiki can be powerful if you are the sensitive type.
  • The ho'oponopono mantra can be effective as well

I second Byron Katie for working through trauma.  What also helped me for serious grief / trauma, is to move into it and sit with it.  It can be very painful, but it is really the only way.  Carl Jung once said, "neurosis is a substitute for legitimate suffering."

@taotemu Never heard that Jung quote before, but I like it!

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Zen LaCroix For me was playing the piano and classical works of Chopin and the like, lol. It's not immediately accessible but it helped me so much in that regard more so than traditional talk therapy.. but basically it allowed me to fully feel all the emotions that were repressed it gets released as I'm feeling them. Actually it helped even more when I had a therapist who would listen to me play and talk about it afterwards. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Somatic Experiencing has worked wonders for me. 

"You Create Magic" 

Running, running.

And running, running.

And running, running...

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Best practice exercise is take full resposibility of own acts and forgive yourself. Keep loving, even the greatest enemy.

Singer

14™

Shamanic breathing. Radical honesty. Regular exercise.