7thLetter

Why do people develop spiritual egos and how can they grow out of it?

23 posts in this topic

Do people who develop a spiritual ego get some sort of validation out of acting from a place of superiority?

"I'm better and more woke than you, so bow down to me and kiss my feet."

Why do these spiritual narcissists feel a sense of validation for creating a false identity that attempts to make themselves appear greater than others?

"I'm Stage Coral and everyone is below me. I'm Stage Yellow, I'm Stage Turquoise, I'm Stage Coral. I'm Stage Coral, let me mention that on a daily basis just so you know. And just to let you know, I'm Stage Coral."

Did they just not get enough attention growing up that rather than seeking validation for materialistic achievements they instead seek validation for their spiritual achievements?

Is developing a spiritual ego just a part of the process that everyone on a spiritual path goes through? I know its definitely something that I personally went through, I always used to act like I'm better than everyone else but gladly over time it eventually faded away.

Out of curiosity, at what point do people start to grow past this stage? Do they snap out of it one day and start to recognize their own delusion?

I found a pretty good video on spiritual ego:

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

Why do these spiritual narcissists feel a sense of validation for creating a false identity that attempts to make themselves appear greater than others?

You don't need us to tell you this lol, the answers is inside you.

It's Love.

3 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

Why do people develop spiritual egos?

Righteousness.

4 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

How can they grow out of it?

Exchanging righteousness for union with God.

2 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Elaborate

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I always find non-duality wars pretty funny.

"I can say Nothing better than you."

To be more clear the problem isn't always directly the person themselves. But, there is usually a group of people that valid the one who is preaching's BS which only causes their ego to grow more. There is a lot of 5D chess spiritual BS that these types of people use to deflect as well. "Your perception of me is just a reflection of yourself" or "Sending love and good vibes" when clearly they are being passive aggressive. Generally speaking most can sustaining this mentality forever and some sort of karmic reaction will happen to them. Hopefully serving them up a piece of humble pie and they learn their lesson. 

But, deep root narcissistic qualities aren't so easy to pluck out.

Edited by Nos7algiK

1 hour ago, 7thLetter said:

Elaborate

Spiritual ego is no different than regular old ego, and we've all got plenty of that. Go study yourself!

It's Love.

@RendHeaven I see

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

When you said this I thought you were projecting onto me, implying that I'm a spiritual narcissist seeking validation.

I thought huh, all I did was ask some questions lol

@7thLetter "Maybe god is a narcissist" - Leo Gura

Lol but in all honesty.. it's not that different from regular narcissistic tendencies that I believe we all have to a degree and can manifest more extremely in some. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You don’t get very far without a sturdy hull on your spaceship. In the same way, you don’t get far without a strong spiritual ego. Every being has an “ego” that will operate with others, but those who have spiritualized their ego have made spirituality a goal. It is part of their identity. And that’s okay. It can actually be used for growth if done and used in the right ways. I say this from direct experience. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Best way to not develop it is to once again "innocently and totally without a good reason" properly and accurately judge the experience and yes of course get that Lambo. 

Otherwise you will be a total idiot prone to falling to manipulations and Jesus Christing Ofcourse. That's the worst shit ever. 

What really is Jesus Christing has much more to do with psychology then spirituality in truth. 

Uffff we back boy. 

Time to wipe floor with them. 

Edited by Zeroguy

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

this.

Seek to define precisely and bring coherence to systems based on the pattern of organization that is naturally there.

Easily notice inconsistencies.

Enjoy elegant theories and models for their own sake and for use in solving technical and human problems.

Interested in theorizing, analyzing, and learning.

Thrive on exploring, understanding, and explaining how the world works.

You know skip me of Leo, Rupert and spiritual teachers of all sorts and kinds. 

Thriving in explaining what is already here.  

We have term in serbian language. 

Mrsomudenje. 

6 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

You know skip me of Leo, Rupert and spiritual teachers of all sorts and kinds. 

Thriving in explaining what is already here.  

We have term in serbian language. 

Mrsomudenje. 

daaaaj prevedi mi na hrvatski ovo zadnje mrsomudenje,  mlaćenje kurcem ili tako nešto?xDxD

2 minutes ago, blackchair said:

daaaaj prevedi mi na hrvatski ovo zadnje mrsomudenje,  mlaćenje kurcem ili tako nešto?xDxD

Mlaćenje prazne slame, mlaćenje kurcem itd može brate. 

?????

I am that God problem is that I am not an idiot. Who gives a shit life is way to fucking amazing for anyone to be interested in this shit. 

3 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Mlaćenje prazne slame, mlaćenje kurcem itd može brate. 

joooj trebali bi napiti Lea sa šljivom pa bi tek onda upoznao svog BogaxDxDxD

1 hour ago, blackchair said:

joooj trebali bi napiti Lea sa šljivom pa bi tek onda upoznao svog BogaxDxDxD

Hahahahahahahaha 

Wait Matt Kahn is my favorite. 

Nah who gives a shit. 

Union with God. Yeah right. 

Beware of that dangerous furniture and your Love talk. 

You know the typical spiritual answer to this question?

It's not "people" who develop spiritual egos and grow out of them. Rather, it's God who sleeps in a human dream and identifies as a limited human with desires and illusions.

But the real answer is a lot more radical than that.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

make it clear, are you talking about you or me

if me, a narc is a narc only when he has a mark ... stop letting these folks manipulate you

if you, the fact that you are a narc will be wholly evident to those putting in the real work ... the narcs who come to these forums disappear pretty quick

Edited by gettoefl

The first time experiencing higher states, one tends to think they are the only ones or that they are somehow special.  This was certainly true for me.  Looking back now, that was all ego.  The desire to feel special is all ego.  It is a total distraction and antithetical to a genuine spiritual experience.  I still can get caught in it, but I realize much better now that if we are all One, then this line of thinking is ridiculous.  I will laugh at myself and my arrogance and then re-orient back to what the experience actually means.