Olivia24

Have you ever seen a ghost?

15 posts in this topic

I think i did. I  had a really  good friend  in college that  killed  himself. He called  me in his  last  moments and  i wont go into details  but  it devastated  me. A year  later  at the  exact time  he did  it  i went to the  lake at  2am and  prayed and placed some flowers there. I saw a flash of  light and a dark shadow moving across where  it  happened. I  know  i was  very  emotional but  i truly  believe  it was  him.

@Olivia24 I would question whether it’s really true that he killed himself to begin with. The past is an egoic illusion being created NOW. It’s not real. Wake up from the illusion!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Olivia24 said:

It sure seemed real.

This shows the ego’s power of creating reality. You must now uncreate it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I have never "seen" a ghost.  But I have felt the presence of people who have passed.  Once quite profoundly. 

14 minutes ago, taotemu said:

I have never "seen" a ghost.  But I have felt the presence of people who have passed.  Once quite profoundly. 

Could you elaborate?

26 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yes, I saw it and felt it as well as the other person there

Was  it scary  or reassuring? When i saw what  i think is  his  spirit it  made  me feel better, like  he  is  in a  good  place.

7 minutes ago, Olivia24 said:

Was  it scary  or reassuring? When i saw what  i think is  his  spirit it  made  me feel better, like  he  is  in a  good  place.

I mean I’m way stronger than ghosts and it fucking disappeared ASAP, so I was not afraid. It was afraid of me maybe though

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Olivia24 The day my wife's ex-husband died.  "He" showed up in our bedroom that night.  I think he really was trying to contact my wife (they were still friends) but for some reason he couldn't contact her so I think he tried to communicate through me.  It was a very clear sense of someone in the room.  Enough I sat up and had to look around, but there was nothing my normal senses could detect.  That night I had a very vivid dream about him (I only met him one time).  The dream was profound about him leaving on a trip that we couldn't go on.  When I told my wife about it it gave her a great deal of comfort. 

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I mean I’m way stronger than ghosts and it fucking disappeared ASAP, so I was not afraid. It was afraid of me maybe though

Good!!!

24 minutes ago, taotemu said:

@Olivia24 The day my wife's ex-husband died.  "He" showed up in our bedroom that night.  I think he really was trying to contact my wife (they were still friends) but for some reason he couldn't contact her so I think he tried to communicate through me.  It was a very clear sense of someone in the room.  Enough I sat up and had to look around, but there was nothing my normal senses could detect.  That night I had a very vivid dream about him (I only met him one time).  The dream was profound about him leaving on a trip that we couldn't go on.  When I told my wife about it it gave her a great deal of comfort. 

Perhaps that was  his  goal, to give  her  comfort. It gave  me  comfort to see  my friend. Ive  been back to the lake but  it  might  have been a one time thing.

No, I don't believe in ghosts.

And while I believe reality is infinite and ghosts are entirely possible, in reality most humans have poor critical thinking skills and whenever they are faced with circumstances they cant yet comprehend they love to attribute the supernatural instead of trying to figure out the perfectly reasonable and actual scientific explanation.

I can read every comment here about ghosts and come up with a logical explanation for all of them, and it makes me feel sad and lonely being the 1% that practices healthy skepticism in this forum.
Sry I just had to vent lol.

When I was a kid I saw what was in my experience a ghost.  He was just standing in my living room where I was sleeping.  Never since then has anything like that happened.  I don't consider myself a big ghost person, and don't even know if that was a ghost, but that is what it seemed like to me.  Most of my family also thought it  was haunted, as did the new residents living there when I visited like 20 years later.  

Also what is weird, my parents then moved into another house which turned out to also be haunted.  My parents seemed to be really into this kind of stuff, as was one of my sisters, me not so much.

An analogy. 

If you smash a radio do you destroy the signal as well?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius