Chris_Esoteric

Transcending The Ego-Mind Permanently

36 posts in this topic

I want nothing more than to experience inner peace and universal love! I have a few motivations for why I'm pursuing Enlightenment, one of them being a deep desire to transcend fear. After reading countless trip reports from all sorts of places online, I think it's safe to say that the Ego comes back in some form or another, after having a transpersonal experience through drugs or any spiritual practice. I want to be able to love unconditionally without being loved in return, which is another primary motivator of mine for getting involved in Consciousness Work. The point of Life is to exist! It's The ALL (GOD) experiencing itself in every form, imagined. So, getting to my question(s), is it possible to completely transcend the Ego without ever returning to what we call ordinary reality? Is that what happens at the point of death? Or do we reincarnate into another form? 

You can create a healthy ego, and a healthy relationship to the ego. 

You will need selfishness to survive. The ego is usually pretty fragmented and requires shadow work and unification as well which takes a lot of work and self reflection over time.

As far as I can tell, you are stuck in this relative reality as a 'human' for the duration of your life.

You can become more loving, less selfish and develop an inner mastery that is fantastic. Just keep working on it for the next 20+ years!

"Now here's the Sun and it's alright, Now here's the Moon and It's alright..But every-time you close your eyes... Lies" -Arcade Fire Rebellion

Personal Growth Vlog - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzVkdPNRrNT7SN1aoco2MdA

Yes! The I-thought that Ramana Maharshi talked about can disappear for good. Then there is no more addiction to thinking, one can meditate effortlessly without thoughts, and the intuition is more clear so it's easier to make good choices in life.

Posted (edited)

Transcend the Ego? 

Ego has to be dismatled and rebuilt again, actualized every moment (jesus metaphor). Get rid of it completely implies death of the body. 

Discover how to transcend and rejuvenate the Ego and you have immortality in the flesh. 

What happens at the point of death? Not everybody dies, only those who believe that. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

It’s not about getting rid of your ego at all man. It’s about learning how to partner with it wisely. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

Posted (edited)

@BipolarGrowth Yes, but I'm curious to know whether or not it can be permanently eradicated, if such a thing is possible! 

Edit: Basically, transcending suffering, as a whole. That's how I'd like to put it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but suffering stems from Ego.

Edited by Chris_Esoteric

Won't I reincarnate into another form after death?

Only if you wish so, but you won't be able to reincarnate only on this plane if you wish to die here. 

There is a big truth in mmorpgs about this, bare with me. 

Example: when you die in a dungeon you have to go back to the body and reclaim what is yours. 

Wanna go to a better level of existence? You have to transcend, and speed up the energies of the body in such a manner, than the body is no more only a body, is the same fabric with reality. So after doing this, you can go further into the adventure of life. 

Sadly, people think they die. This being the reason we have so much disease and hunger in society. 

Singer

14™

2 hours ago, Chris_Esoteric said:

I want to be able to love unconditionally without being loved in return

Why on earth would you want that? This sounds terrible.

Thank god it ain't like that.

@EmptyVase Ultimately, Love is the whole point of Enlightenment and Consciousness Work. Unconditional Love is it's own reward!

you are only human you need to be loved or you won't survive.....

@Chris_Esoteric the ego has to admit its place, realize that clinging is useless, and acknowledge its unreality. It is a difficult exercise because it is the ego itself that wants to transcend itself, to overcome fear, as you said, embody love or whatever, that is, it is not that you are trying to dissolve your ego, it is that you are the ego , and you're trying to dissolve yourself. It is possible, but at a given moment you must wish for the truth, not to overcome fear and other advantages for the ego. that would be wanting to replace the ego with another better ego .... something that on the other hand, happens if you transcend it. Anyway, you have to be sharp and tenacious. but you do well to wish it, not to transcend the ego is to live in a trap, a dead end. I do not think it is necessary to transcend it permanently, for me a daily dissolution during meditation is enough. you can also enjoy being an ego

Nirodha sanapatti eradicates the ego entirely for it’s typically short duration. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

@Chris_Esoteric

If I understand correctly, it is your motivation to love others unconditionally, even if you get no love in return. That sure is a noble motivation, but holds a personal motive 'hidden behind the scenes'. If you have a motivation for something (such as transcending the ego), it is tied to a motive, which is conditional. Transcending the ego would mean that it makes no difference whether there is or isn't ego. Indeed, super slippery.

I'm just blindly assuming here, but it has a feel of sacrificing yourself for others, in the name of love. More directly inspected, it might point towards the identification as a person, who tries to be a noble, loving human being.

Ime it ain't quite like that. It's not so much a sacrifice without being loved in return. Quite the opposite, actually.

It is through the reception of love, that you feel so incredibly loved by whatever that love-source is, that you simply cannot contain it to yourself. You can't help but share the love with others. There ain't no motivation behind it because it requires no motive. It is pure inspiration. And it is deeply satisfying to share the love you receive, to share the love you are.

Ego tends to romanticize and ape it, which kinda misses the point of it. Put how you feel first, and loving others will become effortless.

16 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Thank god it ain't like that.

How is it like?

@molosku

19 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

@Chris_Esoteric

Ime it ain't quite like that. It's not so much a sacrifice without being loved in return. Quite the opposite, actually.

It is through the reception of love, that you feel so incredibly loved by whatever that love-source is, that you simply cannot contain it to yourself. You can't help but share the love with others. There ain't no motivation behind it because it requires no motive. It is pure inspiration. And it is deeply satisfying to share the love you receive, to share the love you are.

the you that writes to forums cannot transcend the ego, the way to transcend is to watch it and live in the gaps where it does not rear its head

as for love, let me refrain from commenting except to say that everyone should watch leo's latest video

21 hours ago, Chris_Esoteric said:

The point of Life is to exist! It's The ALL (GOD) experiencing itself in every form, imagined. So, getting to my question(s), is it possible to completely transcend the Ego without ever returning to what we call ordinary reality? Is that what happens at the point of death? Or do we reincarnate into another form? 

Do you see the contradiction here?  If the point of life is to exist and that all of God is experiencing itself in every form (which I agree with), then why are you trying to escape God by transcending ego?  Your ego is as much a manifestation of the divine as a sunset, a tree, a canopy of stars or the experience of ego death.  The realization I have had is that there is literally nothing to do.  Enlightenment is simply a reorientation of perspective.  Will you orient towards the ego and all the delusions that come with it, or will you orient towards God and the freedom that comes with that?  When oriented towards God, the ego is still very much present.  Ordinary reality is still very much present when enlightened.  It is just seen differently and reacted to differently.  So it isn't about escaping but actually moving towards and into ordinary life from a different perspective.  

There is a Zen story about a monk who achieves enlightenment and the other monks ask him how he feels.  He simply says, "as miserable as ever".  Like so many things Zen the pearl is in the apparent contradiction.  Enlightenment isn't some other state.  It isn't free of pain, conflict and struggle.  It just changes how we relate to those experiences. 

Posted (edited)

@taotemu I'm speechless!

@EmptyVase I see! My motivation stems from the Ego, itself. In other words, you're asking, "what difference does it make whether or not, I transcend the Ego?" Correct me if I'm wrong. I should say, transcending the one writing this, right now, to be more precise. 

Edited by Chris_Esoteric

@Chris_Esoteric

I think taotemu gave a solid answer regarding transcendence.

My point was more focused on receiving love. Loving unconditionally "without being loved in return" didn't sit quite right with me. You might want to inspect why you would want such a thing. Loving unconditionally would also mean that you get loved in return, since unconditional love is unconditional and non-dual.