Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

The most effective meditations for self-love ?

10 posts in this topic

Do you know what are the best meditation technique to improve self-love, to feel love ? 

I am working on the inner smile. I think it will pay off over time. Basically you smile and feel into the body and just love the crap out of everything. You slowly reprogram your pain body into a honey like, love body.

https://www.amazon.ca/Inner-Smile-Increasing-through-Cultivation/dp/1594771553/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mantak+chia+inner+smile&qid=1627819015&sr=8-1

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Oh great thank you !!! I will read it  next month or later because I'm on" Whatever Arises, Love That" 

When did you start working on the inner smile and did you notice "changes" already ? 

I'm very, very fond of tonglen, reiki also teaches the same I believe. Some of the steps and practical understanding of how they are done fall away with the experience. This is sort of the magic, the magic of all "practices" I think. Magic in practice is very practical, the actual experience of it is never a practice, in practice. 

Also very fond of consciously just letting yourself do what you like and dropping the thoughts that say it's a waste of time, or you should be doing something else, or whatever. Sometimes we get mixed up with falling into patterns of doing things we don't actually like, because we believe we do like them (ie what we call addictions, scrolling, etc), and we have sort of cut off the enjoyment or love we get. Trying something new and or intentionally choosing something fun to do just to bring you pleasure helps to clear some of that fog. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I usually just sit and close my eyes and be present with the energy I feel. When there are many thoughts I either hold the focus on the aliveness I feel in the body, or I think thoughts that feel pleasant. I wouldn't be too busy or concerned with 'what is the most effective meditation technique', because that idea itself probably contains some tension for you and if you practice that idea you just practice that tension. Just relaxing and not worrying too much feels more at ease, and thereby you create ease over time. I think it's a good thought that whatever makes you feel best (thus not trying too hard) will be most effective, because it is most you. Whatever technique is the most attractive to you -not one that hypes up the mind per sé, but the one that feels most pleasant in your body- might be the best option to choose for you, because the attraction tells you it's aligned with you. Just my 2 cents:)

5 hours ago, Gabith said:

Oh great thank you !!! I will read it  next month or later because I'm on" Whatever Arises, Love That" 

When did you start working on the inner smile and did you notice "changes" already ? 

I practice Qigong and am training to be a teacher. I've been practicing it for a few months now. I am seeing just the tip of how it will affect me I think.

Yeah, I do notice more and more that I am able to feel the difference between inner love, and inner stress. I still have a lot of work to do but, I know that the warmth of doing the practice is more and more obvious and lasting. Will do update in a few more months as its one of many practices I am exploring at this time. I like the inner smile because it can be easily brought into someones normal meditation routine and works great with the healing sounds.

I know as well that my Qigong guinea pigs as I go through my training program seem to really enjoy the inner smile as well. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've tried a couple of things but what has worked best for me is simply sitting, gathering up mindfulness to begin with by just watching the breath. Then simply start generating a feeling of love. At first when i started this technique, nothing happened. I would sit there trying to conjure a feeling of love and did not feel anything close to it whatsoever. I persisted and eventually noticed the faintest feeling of love sweep like a wave through my body - this was the sign to me that it was working. I've read that holding your awareness at the heart chakra is best when doing this and i think this is true. If you keep practicing in this way the waves of love will become stronger and you can start to direct them towards something, e.g. yourself! You may encounter many negative thoughts and feelings arise whilst practicing but if you persist, these will be arising against a backdrop of a more pervasive field of love and this is when i found it much easier to have a sense of love towards negative thoughts, feelings and perceptions of myself that I had developed over many years. 

If you give this a shot, don't be discouraged if you can't generate loving feelings and get a sense of 'I can't do it' 'I don't know how to get these feelings to arise' etc. I remember in one of leo's self love videos he gives the instruction 'Do not ask how to generate this feeling of love, just do it' I found this excellent advice as this avoids overthinking it. 

Best of luck and much love!

Not really a meditation, but a good way to guide yourself through life is to ask yourself this question before every decision: 

What would someone who loves themself do?