Preety_India

How to retain more water in the body ?

13 posts in this topic

Even if i drink lots of water I still feel dehydrated.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Make sure you have enough electrolytes and minerals - those help with water absorption.

Creatine monohydrate. It is the most well-researched ergogenic compound. Creatine pulls water into your cells to build up muscle. As a result, creatine can cause an increase in weight due to water retention.

"The increase in cellular swelling (water retention within the cell) per se appears to have a positive influence on muscle cell growth."

https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

It also has other benefits beyond muscle building, like methylation, cognitive and immune benefits.

It is also safe and cheap. I recommend it to everyone, honestly, especially to vegans like me. 

Creatine is a naturally occurring non-protein compound produced endogenously in humans and other animals.

Edited by Twega

1 hour ago, Flint said:

Make sure you have enough electrolytes and minerals - those help with water absorption.

Yes, also make sure you get electrolytes like potassium which more than 91% percent of Americans are deficient in. Magnesium which more than 60% of Americans are deficient in. And also sodium. If you eat a lot of salt and processed food, then you do not need sodium. If you are like me, who eats home-cooked clean vegan food, sodium is essential for maintaining the balance of body fluids and keeping muscles and nerves running. It is also essential for neurons to communicate in the brain. You do not need much. Half a teaspoon of salt will do. Go with the least processed salts. Avoid sea salt as it may contain microplastics. Table salt can sometimes contain industrial pollutants

Is salt good at retaining water ?

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Is salt good at retaining water ?

@Preety_India  Not without overdosing on sodium. Salt damages the stomach lining and causes lesions, as well.

How much roughly (cups or jugs) do you drink daily? Is your urine colour darker or lighter? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  yesterday I bought Himalayan salt.

I was feeling extremely dehydrated. 

But after eating 1/4th spoon of the salt, I'm able to keep water for a longer period like I'm not feeling as much thirsty as I used to a day before.

I don't know if it's the salt.

@Michael569 @Michael569  

So this is the picture I took of the Himalayan salt.

It's kinda pinkish.

5iltb9.jpg

@Twega has the right advice. Daily creatine is safe and cheap and can be taken in pill form or a flavorless powder form which is easy to add to drinks or food. As he said it is the most researched supplement and I highly doubt you will have any negative side effects UNLESS you dont drink enough water. You should really be consuming a bit more water on creatine.

10 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

How to retain more water in the body ?

salt

As simple as it sounds, this might be it. Water always follows sodium. 

Not saying add, a lot of salt to the diet but might be worth googling sodium-rich vegetables and adding them in. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Umm. You don't want to retain water, you want the body to clear it as soon as possible, lest you get bloated. I mean one of the benefits of quitting sugar is supposed to be less water retention in the body, I'm not sure why you'd want more.