K VIL2

Anyone remember this quote in one of Leo's videos?

12 posts in this topic

It was in one of Leo's earlier videos. He was talking about a king-type character and a peasant-type character. The king was boasting about having all the money, looks, etc. in the world. I just remember the peasant having the last laugh since he did not need all that.

I've watched about 30 videos now so gave up on finding it. Could be in the Life purpose course. Looked there too :(

Damn now i'm thinking that it could be on the blog too. Doom. If the clip master could remember and upload this , this thread would be worth it.

I remember a story about a warlord entering a village where he meets a monk and tells him, "I have the power to kill you right here."  Then the monk says, "I have the power to not care."  Then the warlord was so impressed he gave up his title and became the monk's student.  I'm totally paraphrasing here.  Was that the story?

I can't remember the video, unfortunately!  I'm guessing it has something to do with non attachment or knowing where true power lies?  I'm pretty sure it was a main video though, not the blog.

Edited by FlyingLotus

@FlyingLotus ❤️ you put me in the right direction. Thanks! I have no idea either but at least I can better remember the details now. 

I'll update you if I do find the video. If anything, its a practice in detachment if i never find it. 

again thanks.

7 minutes ago, K VIL2 said:

If anything, its a practice in detachment if i never find it. 

xD So meta!! You're very welcome.

@K VIL2 @FlyingLotus This is one of my favorite stories. It was definitely in one of Leo’s videos but I too don't remember which one. However, it’s also in Peter Ralston’s “Book of Not Knowing,” which is where I learned about it first. 

-

In ancient China a terrible and ferocious warlord was ransacking the country side.

Coming upon a Zen monastery his army began killing and pillaging.

When the warlord entered the inner courtyard he found the abbot of the monastery sitting in a chair. 

The abbot said firmly, “Get out of my monastery.”

The powerful warlord walked up to the abbot, sword in hand and said, “You don’t understand. I could kill you without blinking an eye.”

The abbot replied, “No, you don’t understand. I could die without blinking an eye.”

After this, the warlord became a devotee of the abbot. 

Fucking savage ??

Classic Zen story.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

I remember a story about a warlord entering a village where he meets a monk and tells him, "I have the power to kill you right here."  Then the monk says, "I have the power to not care."  Then the warlord was so impressed he gave up his title and became the monk's student.  I'm totally paraphrasing here.  Was that the story?

It is was more along the lines of

"I could kill you without blinking an eye." The monk replied, "I could die without blinking an eye."

I saw the story in a comment on the first fear video, may have been said in one of the fear videos. 323 likes on the comment last I checked. 

@eaaaeaeae you're amazing Eaaaeaeae. Thank You

After going through pretty much all the videos looking for the line, i came back here and voila. your memory is one of a kind!

It's a shame google results don't help with this. Maybe just how I used it.   

Thanks to everyone else who chimed in!

edit- and the Alexander story was also a "great" one to be reminded of. Not sure if it was the one I was thinking about but equally well told. :) 

Edited by K VIL2