Roy

Personal/spiritual development work spurring extreme enjoyment of art & music!

16 posts in this topic

I've always been a fan of art and creative endeavors for as long as I can remember - Whether by collecting things, browsing shops endlessly, making my own things, or listening to music like an Audioslave almost every day. It's always been apart of my life, but recently I've noticed something has been clicking and I've reached new depths of appreciation and enjoyment of it...

I've been revisiting music that I used to listen to as a teenager and even quite recently, and while I was certainly a fan then and couldn't shut up about it - now it's like a completely different thing. The lyrics and meaning of some pieces have been utterly re-contextualized. In some cases I find myself simply crying at how beautiful it is, like I've heard all these words before but now I understand them in their essence and it's totally penetrating me. Sometimes left thinking how the hell could I have missed this all these years???

I have no other way to describe it, in some cases it simply feels like a mental orgasm.

I've been at this work for about 4 years now in some capacity. I'm guessing gaining deeper insights and expanding my consciousness has indirectly revealed some things to me that I couldn't see before?

I'm wondering has anyone else noticed this phenomena in their life? I'd like to hear your experiences on this.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Everything for me changed after taking psychedelics a few times. Nothing too profound of a story at least not from anything you have already said. Though a few questions came with this phenomena. 

How aware was the artist of their work on the intricacies of it?

How much are my own biases being projected onto it and I'm "seeing" something that isn't intended to be there?

Has reality, the songs/movies/tv/games, literally changed or conformed to my personal alignment? Because I "perceive" myself to be more connected. Have these things manifested more connection with them?

Edited by Nos7algiK

@Roy Yes, I have had the same experience many times. As my awareness expands I am able to derive more enjoyment and pleasure from everything in life. I also find deeper and deeper meaning that I didn't perceive before. It is a fascinating experience. 

@Nos7algiK All very good things to contemplate! I'd lean more on the enjoyment side of things personally. I think the relativity/interpretative levels in this domain are really high and most time should be spent "playing" with it.

hrhrhtewgfegege

26 minutes ago, Roy said:

@Nos7algiK All very good things to contemplate! I'd lean more on the enjoyment side of things personally. I think the relativity/interpretative levels in this domain are really high and most time should be spent "playing" with it.

I do agree with you. Life should be enjoyed rather than thought about. In the end, all that would be found is Nothing within those questions. It's best to always appreciate the "now".

@Roy  Absolutely!! I am training in classical piano and the works of Chopin/Rachmaninoff/Debusy/Liszt etc bring me to tears frequently. I savour each note/chord and the beauty of how masterfully the pieces were created. Yes sometimes I would say it's like a mental orgasm unlike anything else. Nowadays if I'm away from the piano it plays in my head almost like calling me back to it. (btw I also love Coldplay per your dp..) I would say it was a combination of my past trauma and deep self therapy and consciousness work that allow me to experience so fully. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yes, you begin to sense self-similarities in art. Great arts are self-similar and whole. You are art. 

8 hours ago, puporing said:

@Roy  Absolutely!! I am training in classical piano and the works of Chopin/Rachmaninoff/Debusy/Liszt etc bring me to tears frequently. I savour each note/chord and the beauty of how masterfully the pieces were created. 

There is much esoterism and mystic practices or studies among some of the Impressionist/Romantic style composers. Same with Modern Art.

Edited by Purple Man

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

15 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

Yes, you begin to sense self-similarities in art. Great arts are self-similar and whole. You are art. 

What do you mean by this?

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 hours ago, Roy said:

What do you mean by this?

My understanding is that art is more of god expressing itself and you are god so you are art.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Roy Great/whole arts have structures that are closer to the structure of God/existence/infinity. It moves you because it is reminding you of what you are as infinite love (The music you hear is created by you for you as you/God). The more awake you are, the easier it is to sense this wholeness in art. Thus you are able to resonate with them more deeply. 

Something like this, the magnitude of it just makes me tear up. Especially in the context of why it was made. From the 2016 climate change documentary, "Before The Flood".

hrhrhtewgfegege

What a beautiful experience! On so many levels. Thanks for sharing! :) 

I've had similar experiences with music. It sometimes makes me feel like all of these artists knew this higher truth this entire time. But of course, many singers sing deep truths without realizing the Truth itself. There is only one Truth, and everything points to it once you start to see :x 

It seems to me that the deep, genuinely, and so then, most popular songs all have a bit of Truth in them. You can really look at Truth through so many different lenses. Truth is the light and we are the mosaic

@Gianna Completely agree :) I've come to think that music is one of humanity's greatest achievements, the way it can speak to your soul just blows me away.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:34 AM, Gianna said:

Truth is the light and we are the mosaic

Wow, that's beautiful :x

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Roy Yes, it's like you were appreciating the artists before, but now your realise how deeply personal it all is. I really appreciate where you are now, I had a period of my life were music and art would make me emotional to the point of tears, often - and both how silly and liberated I felt.

All stories and explanations are false.