Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Droo_

What comes after the materialistic paradigm?

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm currently operating under the materialistic paradigm and curious about how you make sense of the world if this paradigm is incorrect. I just recently started tripping and think I have gained some insight into realizing this paradigm isn't the truest paradigm, but only to small degrees and I haven't confirmed these insights so I am not sure if they are correct or not. The more I think about the trips I've had the more I feel that the materialistic paradigm is false and it's very slightly scary because it is crucial to my survival. Anyways I do not want to feel like I am going insane when/if I do shed this paradigm so I am just curious to know what comes after. So far I have only tripped 3 times with mushrooms but I also microdose sometimes. 

Edited by Droo_

Waking up is realizing that you can't make sense of the world. All science points toward a unitive model. You can only Self-realize, which is beyond conceptualization.

If you are into materialism, push it to its limits. Check out quantum mechanics and astrophysics. What happens to reality then?

@Moksha So you are saying enlightenment is what comes after the materialistic paradigm?

@Droo_ Yes. Materialism is limited by the boundaries of conceptualization. Einstein searched for a unified field theory, like a curious child climbing outside of its crib. He discovered relativity. Some of his realizations, beyond the published papers, point to an awakening.

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

- Letter written in 1950 to an ordained rabbi, Norman Salit, who was seeking to comfort his 19-year-old daughter over the death of her 16-year-old sister

Look into stage green spiral dynamics. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

Don't be concerned what comes after. Be concerned with pursuing what's true.

Go directly for truth rather than swimming around in a cesspool of human ideas.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@BipolarGrowth I meant the idea that there is an objective reality not stage orange materialistic values like money, cars, houses, etc.

@Droo_ it's stranger than you think. There IS objective reality, it's just that it only exists subjectively.. which is to say, its imaginary. 

What a mind fuck. 😂😂😂

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle That kind of makes sense. Like when I think about the world and my past it is there, but it feels fake. It's hard for me to put it into words because it's kind of like a feeling to me.

Maybe consider the materialist paradigm as one mode of "understanding" which is apposite for certain applications, and expand ones repertoire beyond this without feeling its a case of either/or? Transcending ones current view need not mean replacing it, for it has got you this far and cannot be without some utility.  

It’s as simple as ending your belief in thoughts.

Every paradigm is a material paradigm because in order for any paradigm to exist it must be thought about.  

If something is based in thought, it is based in relativity and in relativity the experience of materiality rules, in a sense.

While intellectual insights certainly give a good “hit” when they happen, they are to best left to the side as the insight they give could be compared to a symptom of a spontaneous liberation from a layer of illusion.  The event of the insight is meaningful, but does not necessarily need to be taken anywhere further.

The thoughts in your head are a habit, recondition yourself and find freedom from all paradigms by relentlessly pursuing Truth.

@Droo_ good luck on the path sir..what lies beyond the materialist paradigm is quite magical to be honest...your in for a treat should you go further into this work :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think I lack the experience to actually understand the replies I am getting. All I can say is that I feel as if the way I am experiencing reality has changed in a very subtle way. It feels less materialistic.

@Inliytened1 Thank you! 

Posted (edited)

@eaaaeaeae let me put it this way.. is the device that you're reading this comment on 'material'.. or does it just 'seem material'?   The reality is, you can't tell the difference.   It literally doesn't matter which one it is... so why can't it be both? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 7/31/2021 at 6:57 PM, Droo_ said:

I'm currently operating under the materialistic paradigm and curious about how you make sense of the world if this paradigm is incorrect. I just recently started tripping and think I have gained some insight into realizing this paradigm isn't the truest paradigm, but only to small degrees and I haven't confirmed these insights so I am not sure if they are correct or not. The more I think about the trips I've had the more I feel that the materialistic paradigm is false and it's very slightly scary because it is crucial to my survival. Anyways I do not want to feel like I am going insane when/if I do shed this paradigm so I am just curious to know what comes after. So far I have only tripped 3 times with mushrooms but I also microdose sometimes. 

Try reframing… innocent ignorance, vs ‘incorrect’. If you want to come to earth you need a space suit for entry. Once you’re here though, you don’t keep it on. 

Likewise, don’t seek a ‘truest’ paradigm; let all paradigms go in exchange for truth, for what paradigms are made of. Don’t seek to confirm insights, don’t frame them as correct & incorrect. Instead, notice the inherent dualistic apparent limitation of thought / thinking. Don’t think about the trips you’ve had, that is self referential thinking (as compared to presence, which is incomparable).  

Letting go is not detrimental to survival, it is essential to truly living, thriving & consciously creating. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE