Zigzag Idiot

The confusion causing the culture wars

38 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@Leo Gura

And you, Leo, are the biggest liar of all with such a claim that black people aren't receiving equal rights.  The only reason you even say it is because you know everybody is already against racism.

You are beyond deluded with this statement. In fact, only someone with racists sentiments would say such a thing.

It’s a common smokescreen tactic used by many bigots. I cannot wait for society to ousts this kind of idiocy and denial of truth. You will be on the losing end. I suggest you awaken to your own bullshit ideology  while you still have time

Edited by Terell Kirby

46 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

The only reason you even say it is because you know everybody is already against racism.

We had an openly racist, quasi fascist president not too long ago and 75 million people voted for that deranged, imbecile president. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

It’s a common smokescreen tactic used by many bigots. I cannot wait for society to ousts this idiocy and denial of truth. You will be on the losing end. I suggest you awaken to your own bullshit ideology  while you still have time

These are the same people who would make comments such as ''the slaves were well-fed and treated properly by their masters''. 

Their ideological positions should be adequately mocked and discarded.  

12 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

You are beyond deluded with this statement. In fact, only someone with racists sentiments would say such a thing.

I don't see it in that statement. 

Could you elaborate? 

5 minutes ago, Opo said:

I don't see it in that statement. 

Could you elaborate? 

It's an assumption based on an assumption ( or experience or misinterpretation) of how the protrait people behave in a more open environment, is i think what made @Terell Kirby write this.

Edited by Windappreciator

8 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

It's an assumption based on an assumtioption ( or experience or misinterpretation) of how the protrait people behave in a more open environment, is i think what made @Terell Kirby write this.

You are completely wrong.

@StarfoxEpiphany is clearly in denial that racism exists. This is pure horse shit, and exposes their endorsement of racism and the status quo of systemic oppression. See, egos like this cannot stand to be exposed for who they are...devils. So what better way to deny their devilish actions and thoughts.

Edited by Terell Kirby

32 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

@StarfoxEpiphany is clearly in denial that racism exists.

He just has a different definition of racism than you. 

I don't think he would deny that there is a shit ton of prejudices about color. 

@StarfoxEpiphany Am I right? 

This is pure horse shit, and exposes their endorsement of racism and the status quo of systemic oppression.

Most people think that because there aren't laws that are explicitly racist the systemic oppression is gone. 

I think we should first try to educate them on it.

See, egos like this cannot stand to be exposed for who they are...devils. So what better way to deny their devilish actions and thoughts.

If you use those words to demonize someone your missing the point. 

Everyone here has an ego to some extent. 

1 hour ago, Harlen Kelly said:

These are the same people who would make comments such as ''the slaves were well-fed and treated properly by their masters''. 

Their ideological positions should be adequately mocked and discarded.  

Look at you having to go back how many years, like 200 to make a claim about racism.  This is beyond lazy.  You know everyone used to be slaves, white people in Russia were serfs until the 20th century.  Then, Leo's people put them in the gulags.

@Opo People on this forum and most people that engage from the left side of politics worship racism like a religion because they're trying to get Marxism out of it.

It's clear cut and dry.

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

It’s a common smokescreen tactic used by many bigots. I cannot wait for society to ousts this kind of idiocy and denial of truth. You will be on the losing end. I suggest you awaken to your own bullshit ideology  while you still have time

The biggest reason you would call someone a bigot is to form a lynch mob. 

You're a racist if you exaggerate racism especially for this reason.

48 minutes ago, Woke456 said:

@Opo People on this forum and most people that engage from the left side of politics worship racism like a religion because they're trying to get Marxism out of it.

It's clear cut and dry.

If it's clear could you prove it? 

42 minutes ago, Woke456 said:

The biggest reason you would call someone a bigot is to form a lynch mob. 

Nah. 

Usually it's used to dismiss someone's argument so you could win without engaging it. 

42 minutes ago, Woke456 said:

You're a racist if you exaggerate racism especially for this reason.

Something bad yea but not a racist. 

2 hours ago, Woke456 said:

Look at you having to go back how many years, like 200 to make a claim about racism.  This is beyond lazy.  You know everyone used to be slaves, white people in Russia were serfs until the 20th century.  Then, Leo's people put them in the gulags.

Are you intentionally trying to be a dullard or are you being sarcastic? 

I used an analogy to better illustrate my position. 

@Leo Gura

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So giving black and gay people more equal rights creates confusion and fear and throws gas on the fire?

Dont they already have equal rights on developed countries? Where i live nobody hates on them and they live normally without issues. Seems to me more of a eastern europe/middle east kind of issue than a western europe issue. 

I may be wrong about this, just what i see in my everyday life.

The thing that it isn't often visible from from a non minority perspective how much rasism there is. Just ask a few  black persons how often they're controlled by the police or get a stupid racist remark out of the nowhere. Even if it doesn't happen on a every day basis it's still enough to call it racism. Even in central europe where I'm from there is plenty of it. But it also depends on the location and social structure. They may have equal rights on papers but the poor treatment and structural barriers remain and becoming slowly less with each new born generation

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Spiral Wizardry is not a Green quality, it is a Yellow quality. So expecting it of Green is rather naive.

@Leo Gura Something looks fishy.

For the other stages, the problem is of non-integration of the lower stages. But when it comes to saving your own set of values it is not enough spiral wizardry skill now?

Are you saying this in the narrow context of MAGA or the broader contexts in which this problem is common?

Edited by captainamerica

15 hours ago, Seeker531 said:

The thing that it isn't often visible from from a non minority perspective how much rasism there is. Just ask a few  black persons how often they're controlled by the police or get a stupid racist remark out of the nowhere. Even if it doesn't happen on a every day basis it's still enough to call it racism. Even in central europe where I'm from there is plenty of it. But it also depends on the location and social structure. They may have equal rights on papers but the poor treatment and structural barriers remain and becoming slowly less with each new born generation

And to add to that, the ability to empathize with forms of mistreatment that one hasn't experienced themselves is directly tied to one's ability to adopt other perspectives.

So it's not at all surprising that someone who's at a level of development that's quite limited in its ability to take in other perspectives would find it inconceivable that the nice police officers in thier town are somehow part of a system that treats people who are of different race and socio-economic class very differently than how they themselves are treated.

Since they've never had any sort of negative interactions with the Police or the Criminal Justice system, it's quite natural that someone with a limited ability to take on other perspectives would assume that anyone who is mistreated by the police must have done something to deserve it. Either that or the bad behavior is caused by one or two "bad apples", rather than as symptom of a systemic problem (since systems thinking only emerges at later stages of development).

Add to that, in the minds of people at this level of development the Police and Criminal Justice system are thought of as a shield to protect one's group from the Other (ie thr scary parts of society that exist outside of one's in-group).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Yeah, that with the police is quite common but the most racism happens on a very subtle level. 

Another, more common example for this is my sister. I've never trouble with racism because I'm blonde and have blue eyes. My sister is a bit darker and has the same lastname from southeast europe as me. From early back in school (she was in a better one with little imigrants) she always had to be very ambitious to compensate for teacher's giving her lesser grades for equally work. so she works much harder and that is a thread through her and her fiance's lives. Nowadays she is in the middle-upper middle class(stage orange) and often when she tells somebody that her fiance is working night shifts she gets remarks like "oh, working class" or "he must work for mc donalds" or when they first hear his parents are from turkey they make small racist remarks and hint that he must be uneducated since his turkish roots. She also has had troubles going to more expensive restaurants or looking for an apartment because when she mentions her or his lastname the people quickly get suspicious. The people only seem to be at ease when she tells them their profession (teacher and neuro-surgeon) and then people wonder why they are so hung up when they brag about their jobs.  

I think I have to tell this because even here  some people seem so disconnected in their privileged bubbles that the depth of the problem doesn't crosses their mind. 

@DocWatts very well explained.