Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LeeMills77

Brain Power?

9 posts in this topic

Hi peeps,

Just a query really as I’m puzzled why our brains are the way they are.

Not sure what my IQ is but it’s probably between 100 and 120. So, not a genius but some brains to achieve some limited success.

My question is – why are some people absolute geniuses, with a verbal iq of 170 and can quickly grasp concepts and analytically pull apart concepts within minutes, while other people really cannot function at all; they can never understand concepts and have difficulty even following instructions. And yet, they have the same brain. What is that difference between their brains? Is there anything that can be done to boost their neural connections?

I ask because I would sacrifice a hell of a lot to boost my IQ by even 10-15 points. I understand games like Luminous don’t work, but I like to think the film Limitless could happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lee.

20 minutes ago, LeeMills77 said:

And yet, they have the same brain.

1) They don't have the same brain

2) The same two computers, one full of viruses and malware, the other full of the best software makes a big difference.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You know how to improve IQ?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, Leo Gura said:

1) They don't have the same brain

2) The same two computers, one full of viruses and malware, the other full of the best software makes a big difference.

1 - Yes, you are correct. I should have been more specific - their brains are identical in that they are the same size and they can function normally. However, one has the ability to abstract and analyse to a much greater extent.

2. Yes - so there is there something we can do. But to what extent?

If only there was a way of boosting IQ into the 150+ Range!

Thanks for the reply Leo,

Lee.

9 minutes ago, LeeMills77 said:

If only there was a way of boosting IQ into the 150+ Range!

Have you heard about brain interfaces like Neuralink? I think such huge improvement will be totally possible in future with these brain implants.

You might find this video interesting:

Eq is more important and will make up for your iq.80%+ jobs and tasks can be done by simple folks like u and me.

There are many scientist who have poor iq who went on to become big.why because the love doing science.they have a strong eq for it

If u wanna know how to optimize brain power

Read 

Mastery by robert greene

Mastety by george leonard

Tiny habits by bj fogg.

This would give u many ideas to work on

My IQ is around 150-160.  In my opinion, this type of intelligence (IQ) is a combination of nature and nurture.  I was certainly born with a good brain, but I also received a ton of intellectual nourishment during my entire childhood, including encouragement to be "smart", curious, and the drive and self-confidence (slash independence neurosis) to pursue difficult challenges.  I constantly challenged myself.  I loved to learn, and of course my ego was firmly rooted in it too.  My greatest pleasures came from the successes of my mind.

Now, as an adult with a good bit of meditation experience, I've watched my brain think and observed how it works in quite a lot of detail.  The little processes are extremely quick and advanced.  Bits of information from global memory are accessed and linked and iterated on with astonishing rapidity.  Intuition fuels "pictures" which surface out of the subconscious and then inform the left-brain's analytical work, and meta-feedback loops of this kind happen almost automatically and instantaneously.  The whole thing is spectacular.  On psychedelics, it's even more amazing: emotion, intuition, logic, and language are freed from their "lanes" and allowed to dance in unison in a glorious spiral.

I guess my point is that though you are given genetic "hardware", a great deal of intelligence is based on how well you learn to use your mind.  Because it is such a global process, this can't really be trained as much as it is simply the result of a total lifestyle that nourishes its growth.  If you really want to be smarter, challenge the hell out of yourself.  Learn diverse things that are really difficult for you.  Constantly be curious, and pay attention to how your mind works.  Exercise and nutrition and meditation will all help as well.

That being said, I'd frankly encourage holistic growth, relationship development, emotional mastery, and life purpose over intentional intelligence work.  Being smart is useful but also a burden.  The ability to conceptualize well means you are trapped in a web of illusion 5x stickier than most people.  This is why most super smart people are deeply unhappy, I think.  Plus, the most useful thinking is done when you understand the big picture.  Smart people can be REALLY WRONG about stuff when they are stuck inside of paradigms or fantasy worlds.

Edited by Flyboy

Hi peeps,

Thanks for the video, the book recommendations and the advice on how to improve. I've noted this and begin putting into the practice what was mentioned.

Thanks all for this.

Lee.