sara373

how to stop being emotional?

12 posts in this topic

A part of me wants to shut off my emotions, but i don't know how. I am sensitive  and it doesn't help when others make me feel worse.

i am trying out a mantra is working.

I dont believe I'm hurt by anyone or anything,  just realizing that being the epitome of love.. youre bound to feel negative emotions due to others who arent.

there is only one emotion, love ... emotion expands you or contracts you, connects you or separates you, exposes you or closes you

seen this way emotion is a tool for raising one's consciousness, it is like a red light or a green light

@sara373 Don't desire for such a thing or trade off, it isn't worth it or any good at all, trust me. 

Emotional mastery might be one thing, but "shutting off" emotions like you're implying here is another. 

What you're essentially asking to do is place trauma/limiters on yourself.

Now I'm aware that I'm slightly straw-manning you, but what I'm saying there is the main point. 

--

Perhaps for some of the people who find themselves in hell, they have to summon the will to keep moving forward in spite of their negative thoughts and emotions. You feel like shit, but you have a good sense of some action to take. Pushing your own back through the hardship, rather than having something else push it. Voluntarily step beyond the walls, to quote AOT. 

Even in this case I don't wish to "shut off emotion" or the such. Probably want the opposite rather

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Meditation makes negative emotions less pungent.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You are a human.  Human's have emotions.  

Emotional mastery, to me anyways and from what I know/see, isn't about reducing or getting rid of emotions.

Emotional mastery seems more about...

• Being able to experience the full range of emotions, even more fully (yes, the negative ones too), yet be ok with them.
  • Experiencing positive emotions more regularly. 
  • Not being governed or controlled by your emotions (which doesn't mean getting rid of them or ignoring).  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Thanks for the advice, I will listen to them. though I still wish to lessen the intensity of emotions such as sorrow or joy. I'd want to share my happiness and love with everyone who I know and dont. When I'm sad, it's like I became the wing of a fly. Not easy.

I know is impossible to shut off emotions :|, not to mean stifling them but just.. not feel anything, detached. It must be nice.

You can contemplate what emotions are. Their are rooted in the principle of survival. As a any life form, the human organism generates activities to keep surviving in some form. Because we are more complex organisms, we have more complex functions of survivals, like emotions. Did you ever got into an interaction with a less complex organism than you, that generated some activity to deter you from getting into their territory or hurt them in any way? Maybe you encountered a cat the hissed at you, or a spider that fled to the corner of the room, or a fly that escaped your hands when you tried to smash it. Every organism generate response to a stimulus when the stimuli is perceived and interpreted to have some effect on its survival.

Human are no different in principle, but are more complex in their response to the stimuli. A spider will probably won't try to take vengeance on you because you cleared out its web. A mosquito will not be angry at you for trying to end his life. A scorpion will not fall in love for another scorpion. A dog will not be shy of exposing his/her genitals in front of other sentient beings. But it is probable that everyone of them will try to stay away from you if you are harming them, or try to deter you in some way, or attack you if needed.

The point is to get that human emotion is built on the same principle the cause every organism to produce some response to a stimuli that constitutes threat to their form. Try and see any of your emotions in that context. Then try to observe your emotional response in any given situation from a standpoint that is not identified with the activity of the emotion. You can also contemplate why you produced that emotion in response for the given circumstances, and whether or not this response served you or disempowered you in some way. You can also ask yourself when you started generating this emotions, why, an so on.

And you are misleading your self if you think that you are the epitome of Love, while 'others' are not. Other may generate activities or manipulations that are not aligned with their True Nature, but that is not to say that they any different in their essence from you.

Check out Abraham Hicks, OMG, completely life changing especially for this topic and all others. 

Emotions indicate your connection or allowance of the unconditional love that you are. They are a kind of guidance, leading you back to love, to actually feeling, being that love. They are it, made of it. When we misunderstand them and don't listen to the guidance but try to get rid of them themselves we end up stuck in suffering loops. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Know & feel the peace of being & deep relaxation in meditation, then there is more acute awareness & feeling of the relativity in your days and it is found there aren’t any negative emotions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, Batman said:

The point is to get that human emotion is built on the same principle the cause every organism to produce some response to a stimuli that constitutes threat to their form. Try and see any of your emotions in that context. Then try to observe your emotional response in any given situation from a standpoint that is not identified with the activity of the emotion. You can also contemplate why you produced that emotion in response for the given circumstances, and whether or not this response served you or disempowered you in some way. You can also ask yourself when you started generating this emotions, why, an so on.

And you are misleading your self if you think that you are the epitome of Love, while 'others' are not. Other may generate activities or manipulations that are not aligned with their True Nature, but that is not to say that they any different in their essence from you.

True, so in a way to adjust myself and emotion to a situation that best minimizes the negative, or intensity. Thank tou so much, I agree. Everyone has this True Nature as unconditional love, my ego gets in the way when emotional where I'm expecting others to appreciate the love I want to express and share, and they just don't care to accept it.

It's impossible to become a bitter indivudal due to external reasons though.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Know & feel the peace of being & deep relaxation in meditation, then there is more acute awareness & feeling of the relativity in your days and it is found there aren’t any negative emotions. 

this is the answer tbh. I know how freeing the detachment and observance can be, meditation is the key. Even if around anyone who has a lot of pent up energy and hastiness, detachment is a luxury! 

Thanks

Too sensitive? There is no such thing. Usually in this type of scenario the sensitive person is surrounded by assholes, look around your circle and identify the problem. 

Singer

14™