Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logan

George Carlin On Consumerism and Education

4 posts in this topic

I sometimes wonder what he or Bill Hicks would have to say about the fact that we elected Donald Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Willie said:

I sometimes wonder what he or Bill Hicks would have to say about the fact that we elected Donald Trump. 

I remember watching this when it first came out. Rarely did I miss one of his HBO specials. 
Perhaps Carlin’s comments on education lay the groundwork for how Trumps election came about.
If he were alive during the Trump presidency. I have no doubt that he would have absolutely shredded Trump as well as Trump’s supporters.

Aside from this. One of his quotes I remember from his book - Braindroppings. -

“Sometimes a Little Brain Damage Can Help.”

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Im sure they’d have plenty to say, Trump’s  so easy to make fun of.

Our education system is far behind many countries in Europe. Michael Moore made a great film Where To Invade Next where he goes to different countries and “steals” ideas from their cultures to improve the U.S.

Funnily (or sadly) enough, many of the ideas he steals actually were inspired by America but were abandoned in favor of more profitable and unhealthy ones.

Things like diet, healthcare, education, vacation time, prisoner reform systems, and school classes about love are showcased.

We aren’t we taught about love in the U.S. school system. We could prevent so much corruption just by teaching people what love is and how to attract the opposite sex. Men who feel unloved and powerless to do anything about it are most dangerous to society. We’re  churning them out through stigma and lack of education.