Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Having trouble integrating and accepting past mistakes and failures

2 posts in this topic

I have a week off coming up and I am setting up to plan the things I want to contemplate about. I am taking the week to read, contemplate meditate and do yoga and Qigong. A strict, no media all inner work week. 

I need to let go of my past mistakes and the karmic weight I carry around. Resentment towards myself and resentment towards others.

I feel a fear about the future, fear of what might be creeping around every corner of my actions or the actions of others.

I have a self acceptance and self love gap to travel accross. I also have a self image and actuality gap to gross.

Anyway, any tips or books about self acceptance you think I might benefit from?

How I can reflect on letting go of my past failures, reframing them as lessons etc

I will dive into this work myself next week. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I would suggest a slightly more gentle approach. Of course, there are other ways to go about it, but this is something I feel is real good and loving way to go about life.

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I need to let go of my past mistakes and the karmic weight I carry around. Resentment towards myself and resentment towards others.

Okay, so if you hold this thought: "I need to let go of my past mistakes and ...", how does that feel? Hard? Heavy? Struggle? 
And how Do these thoughts feel: "Maybe I don't have to make myself feel so much struggle", "Maybe I don't have to try so hard in order to feel good", "Maybe I only have to be more gentle and loving with myself".

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I have a self acceptance and self love gap to travel accross. I also have a self image and actuality gap to gross.

So how does those thought feel? Stressful, stuggly and heavy again? How about thinking thoughts that make you feel relief, starting from what feels true for you and then moving towards finding more good feelings thoughts (over time) that give you relief, like: "I don't always feel good about myself" "I'm trying to do my best though", "I know it doesn't really matter what others think about me, only how I think to myself", "I'm not doing so bad" "I'm here to learn all this and have plenty time to sort it all out", "I like it to feel better and better about myself".

That's something I've picked up from Abraham Hicks (channeled material), and if you feel attracted to this approach you could for example read the 'astonishing power of emotions'. However, your message does feel to have this "I'm wanting and am motivated to really make my life happen"-energy that so many people have, that I think perhaps you won't take the bait of a more gentle approach lol. But.. finding better feeling thoughts like just described, I think is much better 'thought art' than the sloppy thought thoughts expressed in your text.. ;-)

Edited by Waken