Jaja57

Psychedelics and social anxiety

11 posts in this topic

Hay, 

Can psychedelics help whit social anxiety? i expierence a lot of anxiety when im around other people and also feels alot of shame because of of. Just exposere dont work for me because im stuck in my head most of the time 

Posted (edited)

For me they have helped. Just be sure to keep the dose low enough to not totally overwhelm yourself. 

Pretty much my first 10 trips were just intense anxiety and shame. I would feel like a total loser, and just be shown image after image of how shitty and failure of a person I am. After about the first 5 of these I totally stopped tripping for a few years. Then I returned with a new intention to consciously suffer and face the shame. I reinterpreted the shame that came up to be shadows that rose from my psyche to the the surface so that they could be finally worked through and let go of. 

There's no other way than to go deep into hell with the shame. You can even try to magnify the shame (within your tolerance of course), think of yourself as a the worst scum of the earth you could possibly imagine yourself to be. Things that would make you deeply ashamed and feel like a total loser. For me it was stuff like becoming a psychotic, malnourished, heroin addict, beggar on the street with people spitting on me and kicking me in the ground. If you can take the shame to the limits of your imagination and STILL learn to feel love and compassion towards yourself, you might have a major breakthrough. 

Think about it, if you can be ok with and love yourself even if the worst possible outcome happens, all the minor stuff will feel like nothing. This way you can develop a deep rooted sense of inner wholeness, that can't be disturbed by almost anything. Not even the worst possible situations. 

As a side-effect, if you manage to accept yourself as a schizophrenic heroin junkie on the street, you will realize that it becomes pretty much impossible for you to feel any sort of resentment towards those people when you see them in your day to day life. You will feel compassion, because you have totally accepted yourself as being that. 

That shame to me was like threshold guardians in tripping. Now when I trip the shame might come up, but it usually shows it's head only for a few moments, I can see through its bullshit and move on very quickly to deeper realizations. But if I never faced it and worked through it, I would probably still spend all my trips dwelling and resisting that shame. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

Every perspective has at least a piece of the truth in it.

No one is capable of being 100% wrong.

Yes, definitely.

If you use them seriously to work on inner game.

Psychedelics can make you much more authentic and not giving a fuck what others think.

They can also help you find your masculine or feminine core.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Jaja57

Yes definitely. Also, daily meditation allows those thought patterns to settle, expression empties those perspectives, and glimpses are experienced as to the truth about the social anxiety & shame. How you learned it, why & how you perpetuate it, etc. The combination of the two will absolutely eradicate. When the truth is glimpsed anxiety & shame are seen to be nonsensical. You’ll wonder how you ever thought that way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Posted (edited)

@Jaja57 Psilocybin (moderate & high dosage trips) made me be more in the body and listen to its intelligence. It's recognizing its intelligence and surrendering to it, trusting that whatever appears that it's already goodness.

There is more self-love towards my behaviors which I see that are used to stay in homeostasis (of identity) and that are used to hold back an expanded sense of self.

There's an increased recognition that anxiety is self-created and that it is up to me, if I want to create the experience and to believe it. Meditation also helps hand in hand with that. Interestingly, as a man I also feel more aware to cut out the bs of believing anxious thoughts when I didn't cum for few days. It's an increased sense of self-love, self-compassion and power of presence. Feeling more worthy of having experiences that anxious thoughts would normally prevent me from experiencing.

Meditation alone did reveal that to me before, but Psilocybin brought the message home.

Edited by Loving Radiance

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, definitely.

If you use them seriously to work on inner game.

Psychedelics can make you much more authentic and not giving a fuck what others think.

They can also help you find your masculine or feminine core.

Wow that is very good news! I have a vision for when I'm older to live my true self without giving a fuck what others think and embodying my full masculinity - exactly everything you just said.

Too bad I'm too young to take psychedelics I think, and also limiting logistics for the next 3 years being

11 hours ago, Jaja57 said:

Hay, 

Can psychedelics help whit social anxiety? i expierence a lot of anxiety when im around other people and also feels alot of shame because of of. Just exposere dont work for me because im stuck in my head most of the time 

It is not only social anxiety.

It is the path.

Yes.

But don't be surprised that your whole life will begin a change, not only in terms of improving feeling less anxious around people, but just in anything in life.

And the psychedelic path is not for soft guys. Don't try to eliminate social anxiety all with psychs. Combine it to with sober work, therapy, or whatever.

Psychs also come with downsides. Sometimes God will ask too much of you and the ego can't do it. Be patience.

Overall the path of healing social anxiety is realizing the whole nature of existence and who you are.

Good luck.

A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

They personally helped me a lot with not just social anxiety, but anxiety within all spectrums. They really put a microscope on the roots of the problem, usually some form of childhood trauma, and allow you to heal from that area of your psyche. Also becoming aware of some of the more profound insights on reality can help to ease your day to day suffering as well.

Though I would be wary using psychedelics just to escape suffering. Not saying it can't work, just saying be cautious with that mentality.

IMO and personal experience, psychedelics can help, but when it comes to forms of fear that arise in social conditions, you need to work on healing in social context. Tripping alone could be great and very healing, but it just is not the same as expressing the hidden parts of your self with an other. If you can "put your hands" on a recommended and trust worthy therapist that is working with Entheogens or MDMA, this can potentially increase the speed of your healing.

You could also contemplate what it is about your self that cause you to generate anxiety or other forms of fear around others. But again, expressing the hurt, fear, anger, vengeance, guilt. shame and what ever emotions you are carrying regarding "others", with an "other", is crucial for healing. This is why working with therapist and practicing honesty is crucial. A professional therapist can give you the space you need to express your existential problems with others, and honesty will release the parts that you are hiding from others.

Good luck friend.

@Leo Gura I’ve been considering doing an LSD trip where I specifically address my approach anxiety, limiting beliefs, and self-esteem issues mostly within a dating context.

Usually when I trip I don’t go that specific with my intention, it’s usually like “I want to practice letting go and understand reality better” or even “it’s been a while since I’ve tripped so I just want to endure the potential discomfort of tripping and learn from that.” Very vague intentions.

Do you think contemplating the dating/self-esteem topic for a little bit prior to the trip, and then dropping and just sitting with a blank journal nearby would yield good results? If I take it seriously of course.

I have experienced crippling social anxiety.  It is far less a problem for me now, but I still much prefer to be alone or with my wife and kids.  LSD and mushrooms most certainly helped re-contextualized my fears.  Social anxiety is largely a fear of judgment.  It is usually because we so strongly judge ourselves that we assume others are doing the same.  Getting older has probably helped as much as psychedelics in just not caring so much about what others think.  I have become much more comfortable in my own skin and I don't need the social mirror to feel adequate or worthy anymore.  Because I am far less likely to look for social acceptance I feel free to just be me.  That leaves a lot more room for authentic love for myself and others.