Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boshra

Enlightenment advice

7 posts in this topic

Why don’t I want to raise my awareness .

why is my emotions and feelings rejecting The idea of directing myself towards enlightenment as a goal .

1 hour ago, Boshra said:

why is my emotions and feelings rejecting The idea of directing myself towards enlightenment as a goal .

Why might not be as important as what you truly want.

If you want enlightenment you need to meet the resistance that the feelings are causing and if you want to feel good you avoid doing the work and pursue other things.

Only the phonies won't end up enlightened.

6 hours ago, Boshra said:

To the sense of self change is seen as a threat, something dangerous to its survival agenda.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Boshra said:

you have mistakenly taken yourself to be a body, you are happy being top dog in your own little domain and so you dismiss being emperor of the entire universe as ludicrous, you love your life too much as it is to risk giving up what you have gotten for the chance of having it all

you don't believe what i am saying

Edited by gettoefl

This is an infinite and endless canvas. More importantly, it's completely empty.

11 hours ago, Boshra said:

Ego always defends  itself so this is natural.  Unless enligment can bring to you a specific benefit, you will never want it.

Remember your thoughts, feelings are being filtered/distorted by ego for survival purpose.   Enligment = bring your thoughts and feelings above your survival needs.   Once you have an awakening and see its benefits, your ego might want it, or might not ;) if you are not ready

Hakuna matata

On 7/30/2021 at 4:52 AM, Boshra said:

Because you don't really want it. 

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

- hosting satsangs in the St. Petersburg, FL area.