Max Out with Mason

I need a mentor and a little advice.

7 posts in this topic

I am a 17 year old who has a very similar vision to Leo’s. My general statement is “to inspire the world to become their greatest selves.” Hence my name, Max out with mason. I do podcasts on psychology, metaphysics, happiness, vision, spirituality, life in general. I know I need to narrow that down if I want success.

Right now I’m in the process of building up my website and creating massive amounts of content for others. I upload clips from my podcast as well as the full podcasts on my YouTube channel and I distribute the content through Instagram, Twitter and tiktok as well. I feel extremely fulfilled and purposeful while doing this work, but I can’t see very clearly. I have no idea what works, how to build a following, if I am doing things wrong, etc.

For example, how do I know if purchasing my website through Wordpress was a good idea? How do I know how to create a mailing list, or how to use it? How do I optimize my website and build traffic? I read books but I have like 20 I’m trying to get through (most Leo has recommended) and I’m trying to balance reading with work, reading about 1 book every 1-2 weeks. 

I am heavily considering the life purpose course & maybe other courses, but I am bringing almost no revenue in besides mowing lawns ($25 a week) and part-time lifeguarding ($100-200 a week) 

I know it’s not only about the money but I need it to survive, and I am deeply touched whenever I see my work providing value to others. I’ve had friends of mine listen to my podcast and use it as motivation, or even applied principles and used my ideas in a more pragmatic way.

Please give me any general advice you think I need, I seriously appreciate it all. :) 

also, I think I need a mentor, I have no idea how that works though.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I've noticed this in myself. We see Leo and he inspires us sort of like a monkey see monkey do.

Notice how you are asking for basic life advice on a form, at age 17.

Now, imagine you are 35-40 with years of experience and expertise and have life experience and technical knowledge to share with people. Then, go ahead and make courses.

The cart before the horse leads to confusion. You are 17, work on becoming your own person. There are tonnes of things you can explore.

Expand your horizons!

Edited by Thought Art

"Now here's the Sun and it's alright, Now here's the Moon and It's alright..But every-time you close your eyes... Lies" -Arcade Fire Rebellion

Personal Growth Vlog - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzVkdPNRrNT7SN1aoco2MdA

23 hours ago, Max Out with Mason said:

I feel extremely fulfilled and purposeful while doing this work, but I can’t see very clearly. I have no idea what works, how to build a following, if I am doing things wrong, etc.

For example, how do I know if purchasing my website through Wordpress was a good idea? How do I know how to create a mailing list, or how to use it? How do I optimize my website and build traffic?

These are all Google-able questions. There are many, many courses available online about how to build a website, how to build a mailing list, how to use SEO to get traffic to your website, etc.

I know it’s not only about the money but I need it to survive, and I am deeply touched whenever I see my work providing value to others. I’ve had friends of mine listen to my podcast and use it as motivation, or even applied principles and used my ideas in a more pragmatic way.

Well, in this case, continuously ask your friends for feedback:

1) Ask your friends what they want more of from your podcast.

2) Create the material for your podcast and see if it attracts more people to it.

also, I think I need a mentor, I have no idea how that works though.

Go to a blogger/podcaster forum and ask.

Posted (edited)

@Thought Art good advice, but I have been working on myself and been developing introspection ever since I was around 12 years old. I have a deep sense of wisdom in certain aspects & this is what I am passionate about. This is what I wish to do.

I was producing content and “self-actualizing” years before I found leo.

and I don’t want to go to college. I want to become financially free within the next few years so I can escape my families limiting beliefs and cultivate my own freedom. Aka I need to make myself financially independent, so I am willing to provide extreme value. It just happens to be that providing extreme value is something that I love to do.

Edited by Max Out with Mason
Needed to add a specific detail

@Thought Art also, I totally agree. Me finding all of this at age 13 now me being 17 is a game changer. I am ahead of the game. I am focusing on learning and mastering right now. I will focus my content on the journey and sharing knowledge I gain over said journey.