marinaaniram

How's Deja-Vu explained??

11 posts in this topic

For instance, something is happening in "real" life, and i surely can tell that i ve seen this before, like this movement of me drinking coffee or the way i play with a kid, literally anything, but it s like i saw a dream about this moment and it came straight to reality

anyone understandss???

The book Conversations with God explains it as:

your spirit has traveled to your future, and glimpsed it, maybe while you were sleeping and then when you arrived at your future in physical reality, you recognized that you have seen it before.

Another explanation is that your brain accidentally stored what you just saw with a memory cue attached instead of a present moment cue attached, so it is just an illusion.

I prefer the former explanation.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Consciousness can imagine itself to be a kangaroo and become one

Given that, why is deja vu any surprise?

Consciousness's sole business is imagining shit. You can imagine forwards, backwards, sideways. So....

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think there are multiple reasons for it. One of the more boring reasons I have verified for myself is: 

The mind creates these 'feel-objects' with every situation, along with memories. That's why when you remember something, it's usually attached with the feeling you felt then, or is detached and you can notice that. Every memory has a particular feeling. And so does every action or angle of looking, etc.

Brain reuses many of these feel-objects as you re-experience those things or similar stuff. But sometimes it forgets to attach the memory that says "I have used this feel-object before with a similar situation." So you feel that this feel-object is supposed to be new, but still feels so familiar. 

Knowing this, I can actually consciously induce a deja vu. 

However, this is only the case with most of my deja vus. I had had some where none of this applies. Which implies there are other reasons too. But this is the case with most of mine.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness can imagine itself to be a kangaroo and become one

Given that, why is deja vu any surprise?

Consciousness's sole business is imagining shit. You can imagine forwards, backwards, sideways. So....

I was actually considering deja vu as a great door into intuition development. It’s a great thing to see that knowing of both unknowing and knowing at once that adds to the slipperiness of reality. If someone can master deja vu as forward and backwards reproduced experience and deconstruct it, that would probably give some really helpful insight into a lot of things. 

This is where God Realization meets enlightenment and rubber meets the road. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

7 hours ago, marinaaniram said:

i surely can tell that i ve seen this before, 

But from where? How did you already know?

The most interesting, and satisfying, aspect I find is that it can happening in real-time, not just in form of something seeming very familiar, but in the moment of experiencing deja vu you might think, "Ha! this is dejta vu, next XYZ will happen" and at the same time that thought arises that next XZY happens.

My belief is that this is just a phenomena of not experiencing in real-time and there being a glitch in the "machinery" that serves us with memory/experience in a distorted way, creating that sensation.

Fun stuff. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Bob Seeker ?

@Swarnim Interesting!

Edited by Eternal Unity
??

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Strictly from a neuroscience perspective, deja-vu (and its corollary jamais-vu) is seen with seizure activity within the temporal lobes of the brain. 

Shunyamurti says that DeJavus are happening because you have experienced this life infinite times already. So sometimes you remember.