OneIntoOne

Feeling strange in my body

20 posts in this topic

I’ll try to describe what’s happening.  

Sometimes when I ask my self questions like: who am I? Where am I? What is all of this? What’s reality? Etc I get quickly lost and feel like a stranger in my body, like I’m somewhere else (this is all happening very quick, like in and out) and I freak out because I think OMG what is happening to me. So I stop and try to disconnect from that thoughts and do random stuff.

At that time my heart rate is going up and that makes me more and more afraid. 

Then I become afraid of that experience happening again so my body wouldn’t allow me to think those abstract topics which makes it me intense in a sense. 

That’s basically the loop. 

I used to be able to handle it no issue, but now I can totally fly away and feel this strange feeling. but It’s to scary so I come right back.

Has anyone had any similar experience?

Any inside would be appreciated. i am petrified!

I had pretty much the same experience. There is literally nothing to fear though. The ego doesn't want to be found out to be nonexistent, so fear arises. When it falls away, it's laughable how you were ever scared of it happening -- it doesn't even really fall away, since it was never actually there to begin with.

Happened to me a lot as a teenager. Sounds like classic depersonalization. Honestly the thing I found that helps with this enormously is simply physical activity and a lot of it - it reconnects you with your body, so maybe try that.

^^

Of course it could also be DP/DR, in which case ground yourself in the way @impulse9 describes.

Though it could just be a normal part of the path -- the experience of pretending to avoid the unavoidable.

@The0Self

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

I had pretty much the same experience. There is literally nothing to fear though. The ego doesn't want to be found out to be nonexistent, so fear arises. When it falls away, it's laughable how you were ever scared of it happening -- it doesn't even really fall away, since it was never actually there to begin with.

My body literally feels tense UP and i feel like loosing my self. Is this something to do with classic spiritual work? 

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

the experience of pretending to avoid the unavoidable.

@The0Self

What do you mean?

4 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@The0Self

My body literally feels tense UP and i feel like loosing my self. Is this something to do with classic spiritual work? 

Certainly can be, which is why many paths focus on meditative skill, stillness, and open-heartedness first before the more intense insight/inquiry work, so you have on-demand bliss to allay the fear.

9 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@The0Self

What do you mean?

Fear of no-separation when that's all there is already.

I read  now on the forum DP/DR is common with spiritual work.

Is this something most people go true? 

I never ever experienced anything like that in my life its strange.

I have bin doing day and night for the last year intense spiritual contemplating and non dual thinking plus lots of Leos vids. 

Edited by OneIntoOne

Just allow it to happen without judgment what bad could happen?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Just allow it to happen without judgment what bad could happen?

It feels i'm getting insane.

Like a BAD TRIP.

Have you experienced it that you tell me to allow it to happen?

5 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

@NoSelfSelf

It feels i'm getting insane.

Like a BAD TRIP.

Have you experienced it that you tell me to allow it to happen?

I know this was a question for @NoSelfSelf but my username is similar so just making sure you know that wasn’t me I’m the one who did claim they experienced something similar to what you went through. You don’t really deal with it — this work can indeed be dangerous, but if all you care about is truth, well what are you going to do? If it is DP/DR then ground yourself — DP/DR is not a normal part of the path, though it can happen. Ego dissolution can be scary but I have the sort of personality that kind of just jumped right in with morbid curiosity. Maybe what worked for me will not be the best thing for you.

@OneIntoOne i had panic attacks where you feel like you are going to die and i surrendered to experience and it went away while someone i know  couldnt surrender to experience and had panic attack for hours to the point they got grey hair in some areas..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@OneIntoOne the doorway to the absolute is through the fear. You don't need to push through though you'll be able to meet it when you are ready for it.

@OneIntoOne

Change orientation from thinking, solving, trying to figure out… to feeling (‘grounding’) and you’ll no longer experience the disconnectedness of rumination. Have a look at the body-feeling awareness section, and self inquiry.  Don’t be afraid to feel & express emotionally. It may seem scary and like the opposite of what would help if you’ve suppressed or avoided some emotions, but you’ll have some releases & breakthroughs and be feeling great.  Also, don’t underestimate that to appreciate (anything) is to love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yeah, feels kinda like homesickness even though you're home. Breathing from the belly, long runs, yoga and a warm shower, (or find your own tricks) can help you tap into that "ahhh, home at last" sense. You aren't evicting yourself from the body. If you did that the landlord would still be there and the tenant would be locked out. There aren't two of you. You own the whole goddamn place. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Thank you all for your advice help and input. It was really helpful.

What i'm realizing now that this 'thing' i'm experiencing feels like an out of body experience and i am wondering if it has anything to do with it.

Any thoughts? 

Again, if we look from a psychology or/and a DSM diagnosis perspective we can perhaps say yes its DP/DR or whatever name you wanna give it.

What is the right way to look at it?