Daniel347

how can I start my spirtual journey?

4 posts in this topic

I'm only 17 so I guess it's too early to try psychedelics. Should I start doing meditations? if so, then what meditations and how to do them?
If you have any other recommendations please tell me =) 

start reading NDE (near death experinces) that's how i started :) is there something on other side is good question to start with :)

6 minutes ago, Daniel347 said:

I'm only 17 so I guess it's too early to try psychedelics. Should I start doing meditations? if so, then what meditations and how to do them?
If you have any other recommendations please tell me =) 

You can start doing daily meditation. Start with 10-20 minutes a day. Doing it consistently 10mins everyday is better than doing it sporadically for an hour. Also go for simplicity. Just sit in silence with eyes closed and see what happens.

You can also do mindfulness practice outside meditation. Be aware that you are aware. You will catch yourself getting lost in thought then just be aware that it has happened and go back to being aware of being aware.

Might be in the minority here, but 20 minute meditation sessions for an absolute beginner who's just learning the practice might be a little much. For my part, I might not have stuck with it if I had jumped in to 20 minute sessions from the very beginning, rather than starting with short sessions and adding a minute or so every week.

Whatever session length you decide to start with, just make sure that you're consistent about it, and make it part of your routine (working out is a good analogy).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/