Purple Man

Introduction/lifetime insights/question for Leo and all about the "Godhead"

26 posts in this topic

@fopylo Meditation, contemplation, etc. 21 might not even be a hard and fast rule, but Leo may strongly disagree.

@BipolarGrowth Yes ofcourse they also have valid paths to follow, great practices etc.

But their metaphysics and claims about reality is not at all what the doctrine said.

They have mistranslated teachings in an opposite way of what it truly says.

If you want to learn more about it i suggest you go to the High conciousness page and look for my thread there about Original Buddhism,  thats some nice information to begin with atleast ?

Im not saying that the theravada or other schools of the "No Soul" sect within Buddhism is shitty or something.

They have valid practices and can lead people to valid insights.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Do you have any advice for a guy half your age who doesn't have the balls to directly face this reality that you're speaking of?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you have any advice for a guy half your age who doesn't have the balls to directly face this reality that you're speaking of?

This isn’t exactly the kind of work anyone would proselytize to others. If you really want the truth bad enough, you’ll get it; if you don’t, you won’t. Simple as that, so there’s nothing to fear.

Simply contemplate what it is you want; purify (as in make clear) your desires — that’s easily 99% of this work.

13 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I´m not sure if you´re speaking to me. Considering the "half your age", I suppose that´s the case:))

There are as many different advices as individuals who are willing to offer them. After many years and some strong  awakenings, my journey is not complete 100% (that´s why I am here). But experience is indeed valuable, and I have a lot, so, if you ask me what is the most important thing in a somehow succesful spiritual path, I would say that,

a/ total eagerness is important, but not THE most (it could lead to shattered minds, too immature for the toll of  hard awakenings that came too soon).
b/Take a decission and follow one particular path instead of fooling around is also important, but not THE most ( the same experience can have no relevance to you when explained through a particular tradition´s wording, and be life-changing when through the lens and style  of other traditions).
c/Choosing the right books is important, but not THE most (it is easy to end up mistaking what you do KNOW and what you know ABOUT. Tremendously common dead end), etc. 

So as the most important part of the journey I´d choose to have a solid first awakening as your anchor. My english is far from perfect, but what I mean with this is you have to earn a solid insight that will serve as your headquarters for life, so to speak. Something that you totally know, that is your comfort, your foothold, the base camp from where to climb to higher awakenings. That base camp should be high enough so that life won´t shake you as a puppet and make you deviate from your path.

To me, it was the certainty that all that´s manifest comes from within me, and that "me" is beyond the universal game, so my eternity was a birth right, not something to gain through effort. Effort would be necessary for more knowledge to appear in my Awareness, and to integrate my awakenings into daily life, but my anchor was beyond. 

I hope that helps.

Edited by Purple Man

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com