Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sara373

ego and developing your interests

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

A question recently on my mind is if it's possible to develop your interests, or even many preferances and does this contribute to your ego? 

In my understanding and to put in my own words the ego means an  identifying 'I' built upon external influences such as upbringing etc. or the me that talks down on you and wants it 'my way or its the highway'. Also a sense of myself that overlaps and obscures the true Self, pure Consciousness. Is this correct?

Also , i wonder is an all or nothing or perfectionist/exacting attitude a facet of the ego?

Thank you 

3 hours ago, sara373 said:

Hey,

A question recently on my mind is if it's possible to develop your interests, or even many preferances and does this contribute to your ego? 

In my understanding and to put in my own words the ego means an  identifying 'I' built upon external influences such as upbringing etc. or the me that talks down on you and wants it 'my way or its the highway'. Also a sense of myself that overlaps and obscures the true Self, pure Consciousness. Is this correct?

Also , i wonder is an all or nothing or perfectionist/exacting attitude a facet of the ego?

Thank you 

ego is developing your interests with a view to telling others how super talented developed resilient ... you are

you do things for the wrong reasons, you follow the crowd and you listen to what is the in thing to do and promptly immerse yourself

instead do you for you based on your unique composition calling and coloring

beau til ful is be you to full ... you are created to be a sun flower not a wallflower

you are the one people out there have been waiting for