Kamo

Non-Dual Awareness

12 posts in this topic

So today during Martial Arts training my sparring partner and I were doing hand and arm manipulations in which we both counter each other's manipulation or reverse it. Doing this exercise confusion arose as we both were unsure of a correct technique, my sense of self fell away I actually became confused on which person I was. This non-dual state felt effortless yet confusing. I've experienced this state in the past where I had no understanding of what it was and was struggling to comprehend my reality. I felt lost but this time after doing consciousness work it was comprehendible. I became conscious of the ego as it was gone for those short moments and then after it reintegrated I became able to understand what happened. I asked my partner if he noticed that too and to no surprise he experienced the same thing as I described. The oneness of experience it's quite amazing. It was rather tricky to be able to function from this state , life happens but there is no "You" I wonder how a "node of consciousness" is able to function from this state even using language became unmanageable until the ego reintegrated? If you guys have any stories to share or insights about this id love to hear them. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

55 minutes ago, Kamo said:

So today during Martial Arts training my sparring partner and I were doing hand and arm manipulations in which we both counter each other's manipulation or reverse it. Doing this exercise confusion arose as we both were unsure of a correct technique, my sense of self fell away I actually became confused on which person I was. This non-dual state felt effortless yet confusing. I've experienced this state in the past where I had no understanding of what it was and was struggling to comprehend my reality. I felt lost but this time after doing consciousness work it was comprehendible. I became conscious of the ego as it was gone for those short moments and then after it reintegrated I became able to understand what happened. I asked my partner if he noticed that too and to no surprise he experienced the same thing as I described. The oneness of experience it's quite amazing. It was rather tricky to be able to function from this state , life happens but there is no "You" I wonder how a "node of consciousness" is able to function from this state even using language became unmanageable until the ego reintegrated? If you guys have any stories to share or insights about this id love to hear them. 

Cool experience ?,

What happened here was after a couple years of desperate seeking and lots of meditation, one random day it just become obvious that this ME character that I was identified as, wasn't real. That this I was more of an assumption or concept that just kept playing over and over again in thought. It felt like this weight that wasn't even noticed before was lifted away. Weird thing was it felt completely ordinary and shocking simultaneously. Needless to say life has been a lot less serious since this occurred back in 2018. Liberation from the self that took the dream way too seriously ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@nistake Yes I do,thank you for the advice I will continue my practices. Are you in state like I described most of the time as a result of your own practices?

@VeganAwake I agree, it feels like any resistance that was there relaxed up or dissolved. As if this character needs upheld and in doing so creates an inner tension. There was no more thinking. Which it seems I have preconceived notions of needing thought to interact or have simply been so "reliant" on thought to interact, specifically the verbal stream of language in order to communicate. That when that ceased there was only a soft confusion, yet a peaceful feeling. 

Edited by Kamo

@Kamo That distinct feeling of separation has gone (along with the tremendous amount of unnecessary suffering) and well, it's hard to describe, but it's like a light switch for me. I can switch between the relative and Absolute almost instantly. Anyway, that's not to say I float in nondual awareness 24/7 :D

That's the reason I still meditate and doing other practises. I don't do them to seek anything or to get anywhere, but I do them to deepen my baseline level of consciousness.

1 hour ago, Kamo said:

@VeganAwake I agree, it feels like any resistance that was there relaxed up or dissolved. As if this character needs upheld and in doing so creates an inner tension. There was no more thinking. Which it seems I have preconceived notions of needing thought to interact or have simply been so "reliant" on thought to interact, specifically the verbal stream of language in order to communicate. That when that ceased there was only a soft confusion, yet a peaceful feeling. 

Yes monkey mind and self referential thinking become a runaway train in life. 

When I is clearly seen to be an illusion the energy that was put into upholding that illusory identity drastically dies down.

Here it wasn't a forgetting who I thought I was or how to function in life, but recognizing I was never a real in the first place.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 7/29/2021 at 8:29 AM, nistake said:

@Kamo That distinct feeling of separation has gone (along with the tremendous amount of unnecessary suffering) and well, it's hard to describe, but it's like a light switch for me. I can switch between the relative and Absolute almost instantly. Anyway, that's not to say I float in nondual awareness 24/7 :D

That's the reason I still meditate and doing other practises. I don't do them to seek anything or to get anywhere, but I do them to deepen my baseline level of consciousness.

Is deepening your baseline level a form of seeking something or getting somewhere? The something or somewhere sounds like the new baseline?

@Kamo Well, it's a bit tricky to explain. Enlightenment/awakening is not a binary and static process like "okay, here I am, I need to meditate for X years, I'll get enlightened and that's it, I can sit back".

Adyashanti said something along the lines of spirituality is living in a constant sate of discovery. That's how I like to think about it. I don't seek anything to feel better or to get better at anything anymore. It has become an exciting adventure where Reality discovers itself more and more.

The reason why I still engage in formal meditation practise is that I sometimes still tend to get caught up in my daily activities. So, one session in the morning and another session in the evening are enough for me to ground myself. I just sit in silence and abide in awareness. Then, I got up and go on with my day while "maintaining" the peaceful silence.

ok yeah i just wanted to clarify, I had figured that was basically what you meant by that. Thats the same for me as well. People try to "get" enlightenment and thats a misunderstanding of what it is. Its not something someone can "attain" as you know, As you said its more of a process. Adya has some good ways of pointing to it for sure. I like his books. Meditation has so many benefits in its own right just for the human physiology and psychology. Let alone spiritual growth. So its a habit ill continue regardless, as you. Thank you for sharing.