SQAAD

PsychedSubstance is Taking Steroids for No Good Reason

53 posts in this topic

I kind of think psyched substance is immature and not the best role model for psyhedelics

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Opo

22 hours ago, Opo said:

What was your experience? 

My experience with using steroids was very interesting to say the least. I was using them for 2 years give or take when i was in my early 20s.

What lead me to using steroids, was low self-esteem and not feeling good about my body. I was already going to the gym for years at that point and i just wanted to take it to the next level. Definitley i was heavily influenced by numerous youtubers who were also taking gear. Something else that made me wanna take steroids was this picture i was getting from some documentaries and videos that steroids are not that bad for you. And to a certain extent there is some truth to that. Steroids can be used relatively safely but still there were tons of unkowns that i didn't know about. I didn't know about all the risks involved but i thought i did.

When you compare your body to a steroid user, usually there is no comparison. That can make you feel bad about yourself. Back then my happiness depended a LOT on how i looked. I was heavy into Stage Orange mentality.

So a combination of low self-esteem and being influenced by other steroid users lead me to start using them. In the period when i was taking them , my strength increased to ridiculous unnatural levels and my body looked better than ever. I was going to the gym and bench pressing or squatting the most weight. People were constantly looking at how much weight i was pushing. I was getting compliments . People were asking me for advice.

That was highly addicting. The feeling you get from being one of the strongest people. Or waking up and seeing your body change every single day. This is very alluring. Because you constantly see changes. 

Anyways, after some time i matured, and i no longer wanted to keep taking them. I decided to quit. Thankfully i am in good health now but still there is some fear for all the possible future health complications that i may encounter.

If i knew what i know now i would never start using steroids for those reasons. But when you are young, dumb and ignorant you don't know any better. You just crave looking good. Many people fall into this trap. It's inevitable the way our society is. People are constantly being judged about how they look. There is always that pressure of looking the best you can. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Myagooshki

20 hours ago, Myagooshki said:

There's many reasons as to why you might want that and what it might mean. Personally, I didn't feel that much of a psychological difference going from 380 to 620, but there could be background effects that I'm not aware of that are driving my improvements since.

Did you notice any physiological differences though? 

On 7/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, SQAAD said:

@kieranperez

Dude you are completely missing the point. I know from 1st hand experience.Who is the one thar draws the line between good and bad reasons? Myself ofcourse.

People's motivations is the best criteria to judge them. When i see someone on YouTube being irresponsible and influencing thousands of other kids who will be doing the same sh*t 5 years from now , then of course i am gonna criticize that.

It would be better if he came out and said something like 

Instead of what he said here

PsychedSubstance can do whatever he wants. But he is a public figure. He is gonna get criticized. You can judge my criticisms of him as valid or invalid. But at the end of the day, everyone will have their own preconceptions about what is good or bad.

I’ll concede to that point. Fair enouh.

@kieranperez

2 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I’ll concede to that point. Fair enouh.

I am impressed. It seems like you have a very healthy ego! Respect.

Here Derek looks at the blood work. I didn't understand almost anything but he says that having a low t is also bad. So I guess you gotta balance the risks. 

On 01/08/2021 at 7:49 PM, SQAAD said:

@SQAAD You were abusing steroids to build muscles he is doing it because his test is low. You can't compare these two things.

44 minutes ago, Opo said:

@SQAAD You were abusing steroids to build muscles he is doing it because his test is low. You can't compare these two things.

That is a good point.

But why is he still drinking kratom??

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Opo

46 minutes ago, Opo said:

Here Derek looks at the blood work. I didn't understand almost anything but he says that having a low t is also bad. So I guess you gotta balance the risks. 

For the most part i was taking trt dosages and not abusing. It's called blast and cruise. The reason i can compare is because before i began using steroids, i tested my Testosterone. It was normal but also towards the low side. And because i was heavily influenced by other youtubers i found the perfect excuse to start using steroids.  All i wanted was that excuse because i really wanted to try steroids.  I was perfectly fine and healthy with the T levels i normaly had.

46 minutes ago, Opo said:

he is doing it because his test is low. 

He is doing it because he believes it will make him feel better while working. His test wasn't that low to cause serious problems. He didn't even have major symptoms.

But ok let's say he felt he needed to have better testosterone levels and be more optimal. That's understandable. But his first approach was to start taking testosterone without addressing the root cause which may be his Kratom abuse. That's the problem right there.

If he had tried everything and after few months his T was still low , then he could say ''fk it , i tried everything, trt is my last solution''.

Injecting testosterone and being dependent on it for the rest of your life is serious. Imagine being 80 years old and having to inject yourself. But even if you do patches, you still have to monitor that sh*t until you die. It's a very serious life-long commitment. Not a decision to be made lightly.

Edited by SQAAD

@Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is a good point.

Lol

@SQAAD   I think that we are ideologically different. To me it's cool that you can take something and have more muscles, energy or a better attention. I don't value highly going the natural way. 

But how much were you taking? 

I assume that Derek will give him just a little bit. He talked how he was taking 200 mg of test a week and then reduced it and felt the same. So he is aware that you don't need a lot for it to be effective. 

But in the end everyone reacts different to this. So if he gets a good response and monitors his health I don't see a problem with this. 

The bad example thing. I prefer all of this to be out in the open. If it weren't people would experiment on themselves and do all kinds of stupid shit. Like they did in the past. This way they are aware of the negatives and if they choose to do it they can do it as safely as possible. 

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He's an addict.

But he's aware of it so it's probably temporary. 

Oh and since we're on the topic of testosterone. Derek made a video on how the carnivore is horrible for it. So in the long term you should probably add some carbs if you can. 

Edited by Opo

This guy is an addictive personality type, and he is probably still on kratom because of that.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

@SQAAD

On 7/31/2021 at 6:24 PM, SQAAD said:

@Myagooshki

Did you notice any physiological differences though? 

I cannot say that any psychological or physiological differences are or are not related to my T level gains. I also have yet to get my most recent bloodwork back. They may have dropped again. But I do not know. Also my FSH went extremely low, way below the recommended levels, of which I have been taking horny goat weed. I guess the moral of the story is that it's possible to get your levels up without taking injections and you might not even realize the effects.

@AtheisticNonduality

1 hour ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

This guy is an addictive personality type, and he is probably still on kratom because of that.

I remember like today when he began using amphetamines for his ADHD. I immediately knew that this was a bad idea. And he came to that same conclusion after 4 years. 

Most of these drugs are horrendous for you. Some people need them , no doubt. But many people could live without them. A huge problem that i see in my country is that people may suffer from anxiety or depression, they go to a psychiatrist and almost everytime they get prescibed to take drugs fro the rest of their lifes. These psychiatrists are some of the worst of the worst in my opinion.  I think it is also one of the profession with the most suicides. Because they can never truly help anybody.

Don't use drugs, kids.

Just smoke DMT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Opo

3 hours ago, Opo said:

@SQAAD   I think that we are ideologically different. To me it's cool that you can take something and have more muscles, energy or a better attention. I don't value highly going the natural way. 

But how much were you taking? 

I assume that Derek will give him just a little bit. He talked how he was taking 200 mg of test a week and then reduced it and felt the same. So he is aware that you don't need a lot for it to be effective. 

But in the end everyone reacts different to this. So if he gets a good response and monitors his health I don't see a problem with this. 

The bad example thing. I prefer all of this to be out in the open. If it weren't people would experiment on themselves and do all kinds of stupid shit. Like they did in the past. This way they are aware of the negatives and if they choose to do it they can do it as safely as possible. 

Yes i was also like you ideologically. I was taking a bunch of uneccesary drugs like Piracetam, testosterone and whatever could improve me somehow. But what i've found is that when you add a bunch of chemicals into your body and even supplements, this can lead to some unwanted effects in the long run. Many times i'ts a gamble.

Basically, if you take a drug that is giving you such great results, you might wonder what is the cost of that. There is always a cost involved. I am not against biohacking or anything. But i believe that we should be careful by adding a bunch of stuff into our systems because It's a lot we don't know yet... Many times we try to improve our system by taking substances and we achieve the opposite effect. 

I was taking 250mg of test every week. This raised my  T a lil bit over the normal range.  It's ok that PsychedSubstance is open about his trt . He is just not comletely honest and transparent about his motivations. I would like to see him doing the right thing and trying out other solutions 1st. Instead he did the emotional easy thing. But not everyone can be a role mode. I understand that. He has weaknesses like all of us. 

I believe overall his Kratom use put him in a corner and he didn't want to suffer. Thats why he made the decisions he made. He found a quick and easy solution to his problem.

Edited by SQAAD

@Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just smoke DMT.

Wish i could find some.. :D:(

44 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Opo

Yes i was also like you ideologically. I was taking a bunch of uneccesary drugs like Piracetam, testosterone and whatever could improve me somehow. But what i've found is that when you add a bunch of chemicals into your body and even supplements, this can lead to some unwanted effects in the long run.

No I'm actually very careful about what I put in my body and I'm not taking anything right now. But I'm not ideologically opposed to it. 

Many times i'ts a gamble.

It's always a gamble. But not taking it is also a gamble. 

But i believe that we should be careful by adding a bunch of stuff into our systems because It's a lot we don't know yet... 

Do you think he isn't being careful? 

I was taking 250mg of test every week. This raised my  T a lil bit over the normal range.  It's ok that PsychedSubstance is open about his trt . He is just not comletely honest and transparent about his motivations. I would like to see him doing the right thing and trying out other solutions 1st. Instead he did the emotional easy thing. But not everyone can be a role mode. I understand that. He has weaknesses like all of us. 

Of course that would be best but he isn't ready for it. 

What if the test gives him the motivation or strength to kick his addiction? Would it be ok then? 

Or what if he just said that he wants to get swole? 

I believe overall his Kratom use put him in a corner and he didn't want to suffer. Thats why he made the decisions he made. He found a quick and easy solution to his problem.

Remember that being caused by kratom is just a theory, it could be unrelated. 

@Opo

1 hour ago, Opo said:

It's always a gamble. But not taking it is also a gamble. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, Opo said:

No I'm actually very careful about what I put in my body and I'm not taking anything right now. But I'm not ideologically opposed to it. 

I didn't mean that you were taking stuff also. . Only ideological sameness i was refering to.

1 hour ago, Opo said:

What if the test gives him the motivation or strength to kick his addiction? Would it be ok then? 

No because when you take test you run the risk of permanently damaging your own test production. That means you'll be forced to stick a needle for the rest of your life. What you mentioned was basically the reasoning behind him wanting to start trt. His reasoning was ''let me start the T, cut off the kratom, and then maybe kick off the test''. 

When the wiser choice would  be the other way around. ''let me stop the kratom, and then maybe start the test if needed''.

1 hour ago, Opo said:

Of course that would be best but he isn't ready for it. 

I think you are never ready to quit a drug as an addict. 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

Or what if he just said that he wants to get swole? 

I had that motivation and it's really not worth it in the long run. You will never be satisfied by how your body looks, especially 30 years down the line. Now i love my body way more than i used to when i had the ''perfect'' physique. But to each its own.

1 hour ago, Opo said:

Do you think he isn't being careful? 

I think he is careful. But maybe he will regret in a few decades from now. I know i did. I didn't want to be dependent on any substance for the rest of my life. And all those blood checks and etc are a pain in the ass. He will always have to be aware of his blood pressure, hemotocrit and prostate more than everybody else. Trt is a serious life-long commitment. and i think trt is not studied enough and there many things we still don't know. This is why many doctors are hesitant to prescribe you with it even if you have low T.

Edited by SQAAD