Raptorsin7

A Question For Past Spiritual Seekers

33 posts in this topic

For those of you who were once spiritual seekers but reached the end of the path, what was it like at the end of the seeking process. How did it unfold?

Did you uncover past memories, emotions, etc that were the main blocks? 

I'm sure seekers on this forum can find this very helpful.

Seeking ends when all experiences are equally spiritually effective. There are no more answers that could be found which would be anything more than a pleasant illusion. You know nothing could ever be said to be a higher level than where you already are. Full enlightenment always means a consistent, untangled, and absolute insight into no-self, suffering, and impermanence. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

For those of you who were once spiritual seekers but reached the end of the path, what was it like at the end of the seeking process. How did it unfold?

Well, I'd say seeking vrs not-seeking are ultimately just the same, since nothing is anything but itself ultimately.  Does this mean the experience of finding out new ways of experience stop?  I don't believe so.  If a computer chip is inserted in your brain one day that opens new qualities of experience or you maybe find yourself in what appears to be a new body or non-body, experience will surely change. 

Maybe there are experiences that don't change, but I've yet to see one, and the funny thing about being conscious is you never know what you don't know nor if it will remain the way it seems to be past the moment that seems to be happening.  But even this is not set in stone, because what will be, will be, which doesn't mean knowing something one way or another....... :)

The biggest thing that’s changed in my experience is that there is a seeking without seeking taking place. A recognition that where I am is perfect, is the absolute, yet an understanding that how this perfection shapes the rest of my life is an ever unfolding, ever deepening journey. 

Going meta on what already is has infinite degrees, yet all degrees are known to be held in perfect equilibrium. The paradox of the path. Seeking without seeking. ?‍♂️

@Raptorsin7 I don't think there is an end. It seems to be an eternal journey of exploration. My focus recently is more on integrating the insights into day to day life. Yes, I have accessed a lot of memories. What were the main blocks? I would say fear. Once you start to see through the illusion of all your fears, life really starts to transform. 

The paradox of enlightenment is that as Consciousness, the Self is already enlightened. It is only in the relative journey of finite forms, where Consciousness infuses itself into different states of awareness, that it is possible for the little self to become enlightened to its ultimate nature.

Awakening is the beginning of the end of suffering. You see your ultimate nature, but are still bound to the dream of relative reality, with its associated conditioning. It is only after awakening that the real work of dissolving your attachments becomes possible.

I am still dissolving my attachments, and I suspect most of us are. Equanimous enlightenment, where all desires and aversions disappear, is extraordinarily rare.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I stopped seeking for The Truth, quite some time ago. It found me. But I still seek small stuff on a daily basis. Like food, or sex, or money, or an epic sound, or whatever.

God works in mysterious ways.

The realization itself came with an enormous amount of insight, knowledge, wisdom, mastery. But best of it all - the show is not over yet. I am basically free to do whatever with myself and my life. It's dreamy.

What was holding me back? Mainly; unworthiness, insecurity, inferiority, negligence, doubt.'

57 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The realization itself came with an enormous amount of insight, knowledge, wisdom, mastery. But best of it all - the show is not over yet. I am basically free to do whatever with myself and my life. It's dreamy.

What was holding me back? Mainly; unworthiness, insecurity, inferiority, negligence, doubt.'

@ivankiss Sorry if i doubt, but you say that you passed the fence but some how you are still bothered by those little rocks inside the farm?
Any insight into why that is? How can you be conscious of being God while ath the same time feeling unworthy and insecure?

@_Archangel_ Oscillations. And also; non-linearity.

Consciousness can and does exist on many, many levels at once. And it may seem like those contradict or oppose each-other. Which is, of course, illusory.

How can I feel bad while I know I'm God?

We'll, how couldn't I? 

The knife that pierces through your heart hurts the same way prior and after to realizing it's actually just God.

What you are pointing towards, is the good old 'enlightenment means one should be blissed-out 24/7 and have magic powers' type of thinking. Which is a fairytale.

Real enlightenment is so subtle, it flies over 99% of people's heads when they encounter it. It's just real. It's true. It's honest. That's all.

Superpowers are optional. And being all blissed-out 24/7 would actually be a limitation. 

@ivankiss ok it make sense. 
But does this mean that those enlightened are still subjected to psychological delusion?
Do you mean that you abide into these illusions even is it hurts without untangling them?

56 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

How can I feel bad while I know I'm God?

We'll, how couldn't I? 

Negative emotions arise basecly when - you are not accepting reality the way it is = delusion
When there is a delusion, there is always someone deluded= Ego
So, if the Ego is present (taking owner ship of some parts of reality over others), this means you cannot be conscious of being God because atleast partially you are plunged into delusion.

I don't want this to sound like an attack, i'm just trying to understand and would be good if you correct me.

18 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

But does this mean that those enlightened are still subjected to psychological delusion?

I would not say so, no. 

Here's the thing. Once you are enlightened, that's it, you are Light. You know yourself as Light. But that does not mean all kinds of thoughts and feelings cannot arise. You are, in that sense, prior or behind all that. You are witnessing, experiencing, thinking and feeling. But not as you once were. Not as what you thought/believed you were. But as you actually are.

There are levels and degrees to consciousness. At some levels you can be conscious of how you're making the Sun shine. Or the wind blow. In real time. Meaning; you are directly experiencing what you are conscious of. You are being all of it.

But, of course, nobody can exist on those levels and function in society, do physical labor, etc. There; you are not conscious of every single detail in reality. You are focused on a very specific task. You interact, communicate, etc. Enlightenment on those levels looks much, much different. Yet it does exist. I trust you get my play of words here.

29 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

Negative emotions arise basecly when - you are not accepting reality the way it is = delusion
When there is a delusion, there is always someone deluded= Ego
So, if the Ego is present (taking owner ship of some parts of reality over others), this means you cannot be conscious of being God because atleast partially you are plunged into delusion.

That is but a stage on the path. Prior to Self-realization. Once you 'make it' - if you will - these types of thoughts are just funny.

33 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

I don't want this to sound like an attack, i'm just trying to understand and would be good if you correct me.

Not at all. It is my absolute joy and pleasure to clarify things, from my point of view.

What I'm basically saying; is that sometimes you have an enormous amount of control over reality and you can manipulate it as you see fit. And other times the only right and true step is to give up all control and cry.

Life stays life. It's just that now the light is on.

All is well. All is God. All is Love. And sometimes... life can suck. That's the beauty of it all.

The Individual absorbs knowledge, but Truth absorbs the Individual.

The best way i can put it. You still have to chop wood and carry water, but you do it in a completely new way because you see it completely differently, things are no longer 'tasks or practice' but "play" especially when you are present, you are in joy and peace within yourself regardless of any external means or activity.

Self vs no-self duality stopped. Enlightenment was a stage. Now while there’s no higher level there is still just progressively and automatically finding more of what is seemingly taking something away from me by tricking me into thinking I’m getting something from it — it’s all happening as the sovereignty of my creation. And it’s self-sufficient, and doesn’t have to happen or not happen, yet seems to happen anyway, some of the time.

The most striking thing is that there’s no separation at all, nor separate things. This is oneness expressing as individuality. And everything is completely without any ultimate meaning or context — including a real, fixed history — which is boundless freedom. Emptiness runs deep all the way — you can even create your own history, which is what you’re actually doing now, though really it’s already done...

It’s like this is completely new. Always. Unburdened by any context... or even relevance. True nature is not something to be realized since it’s all there is and it’s not anywhere else. This is the whole unmoving eternal infinite “(no-)thing,” and apparently it likes talking to itself.

Edited by The0Self

On 2021-07-28 at 11:04 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

The present moment is the doorway.

Recognize the stillness between two thoughts. This might seem like a small realization at first but as you keep focusing on this stillness it will grow. It will then be a stillness thats there even when thought occurs and later all off life will occur within this stillness.

Questions might arise from mind but stems from negative feelings in the body. Become aware of the feeling and let go of any attempts to do anything about it. The feeling will dissolve and with that the question.

As you do this negative feelings stop coming up and positive feelings start arise more and more frequently. Love starts to appear which start to be ever present which is unconditional love. 

Let go into this moment, every moment. No more knowledge is needed. Everything you need to know in a spiritual sense is right here and now.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:04 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

I died. Happy with answer.

100% full complete path completers know what will happen when you die.

Spiritual path and shit.

Go dream for efin sake.

Edited by Zeroguy

2 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

The present moment is the doorway.

Recognize the stillness between two thoughts. This might seem like a small realization at first but as you keep focusing on this stillness it will grow. It will then be a stillness thats there even when thought occurs and later all off life will occur within this stillness.

Questions might arise from mind but stems from negative feelings in the body. Become aware of the feeling and let go of any attempts to do anything about it. The feeling will dissolve and with that the question.

As you do this negative feelings stop coming up and positive feelings start arise more and more frequently. Love starts to appear which start to be ever present which is unconditional love. 

Let go into this moment, every moment. No more knowledge is needed. Everything you need to know in a spiritual sense is right here and now.

This is what I'm struggling with.

When I practice I am starting to just accept and sink into what is, and I notice the tendency to get distracted by thoughts. But it still feels like I'm waiting for something to happen.

It seems like this is how people get stuck seeking for years. This is it. But its also not it, because its still unsatisfying.

It seems like unless I'm practicing with psychidelics I just get stuck being present with these tense/dense feelings of the body. Only on psychs do I start to go deeper and let go/transform some of the stuck feelings.

I'm definitely motivated/moved by negative feelings in the body but it's taking a long time to uproot them.

I've listened to numerous pointers by different teachers, and I'd say I'm aware of/from the stillness for months now, but I still haven't let go of these dense feelings like I can do sometimes on psychs.

Edited by Raptorsin7

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

This is what I'm struggling with.

When I practice I am starting to just accept and sink into what is, and I notice the tendency to get distracted by thoughts. But it still feels like I'm waiting for something to happen.

It seems like this is how people get stuck seeking for years. This is it. But its also not it, because its still unsatisfying.

It seems like unless I'm practicing with psychidelics I just get stuck being present with these tense/dense feelings of the body. Only on psychs do I start to go deeper and let go/transform some of the stuck feelings.

I'm definitely motivated/moved by negative feelings in the body but it's taking a long time to uproot them.

I've listened to numerous pointers by different teachers, and I'd say I'm aware of/from the stillness for months now, but I still haven't let go of these dense feelings like I can do sometimes on psychs.

How long are you practicing and how many minutes are you practicing per day? I assume by practice it’s some form of meditation.

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Well, whenever that feeling of "this is not it arises" hit yourself in the head with a hammer. 

It will become clear eventually ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi