Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Hey can you help me try to prove something?

5 posts in this topic

Get sciency and rationalist for a moment.

The usual scientific view is that each person has their own consciousness generated by their brain. Everyone has their own "I".

Can you think of a reason as to why it would be literally impossible to split that "I" into two "I"s.

I have been researching split brain patients a lot. When brain hemispheres are split, each hemisphere becomes a separate "self", presumably with a sense of having their own "I"... If you were to undergo this operation, you might wonder which half gets your "I". But it turns out your "I" "goes into" both sides.

I have a feeling this should be impossible somehow. And vice versa the idea of linking two brains together, the "I" of each person would appear to merge. Neither person would from their PoV lose their "I" at all.

There is something very important in these patients and case studies.

I am thinking rather than "bubbles of consciousness" (the subject) there is only "bubbles of object". Objects can be separate so each object (experienced by the same subject) cannot know the contents of a separate object of experience.

But moreover I feel intuitively there is something in this that can prove the subject experienced by all people is literally the same subject. Not different unique ones generated by each brain.

Edited by RMQualtrough

You can split your sense of self into literally infinite sub-selves.

Imagine very human who has ever lived.

Now notice that all those human selves are part of your self (since you are imagining them). Therefore every self is literally inside your own mind.

God is just a case of infinite multiple personality disorder.

You can split your consciousness into as many sub-parts as you want.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I or object is thought. Harry Potter is a thought. I am a thought. I am aware of both thoughts. I pretend Harry Potter is real only when I'm consumed in a book, I before learning about enlightenment believed the thought myself was real outside of being consumed in my stories, (not realizing that "I" couldn't actually believe this outside of being consumed in the story and thinking "I". A belief itself is yet another thought but it seems to act as an assumption from which stem thoughts that assume the belief is correct. You are only ever what is aware and prior to thought. Thought says things are seperate, unique, defined but before it can say that what is there? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

In the same way that 'activity'/change in what experience appears as -- does not require time for the "shapeshifting" of experience to happen... Awareness/Existence can manifest itself through potentially infinite versions of what's being experienced without ever changing 'That which is being present'. 

Because in actuality... the now and Consciousness are one.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Get sciency and rationalist for a moment.

The usual scientific view is that each person has their own consciousness generated by their brain. Everyone has their own "I".

Using the scientific investigative process, inspect the actuality of ‘the scientific view’. Find how it is separate from just, your view. Go prior.

Can you think of a reason as to why it would be literally impossible to split that "I" into two "I"s.

Because splitting a thought in two is just, another thought

I have been researching split brain patients a lot. When brain hemispheres are split, each hemisphere becomes a separate "self", presumably with a sense of having their own "I"... If you were to undergo this operation, you might wonder which half gets your "I". But it turns out your "I" "goes into" both sides.

“I” is of course just another thought, and thoughts are not a product of brains, as brains is just, another thought. 

I have a feeling this should be impossible somehow. And vice versa the idea of linking two brains together, the "I" of each person would appear to merge. Neither person would from their PoV lose their "I" at all.

There is something very important in these patients and case studies.

Yes, emotional suppression and apparent corresponding identification rumination, or, mind seeking the substance of itself beyond or outside of, ‘itself’. (The’ Trap’)

I am thinking rather than "bubbles of consciousness" (the subject) there is only "bubbles of object". Objects can be separate so each object (experienced by the same subject) cannot know the contents of a separate object of experience.

Subject & objects, subjective & objective, are thoughts, mistaken as ‘a me’ thinking

But moreover I feel intuitively there is something in this that can prove the subject experienced by all people is literally the same subject. Not different unique ones generated by each brain.

Prove to … who? 

What a Jokester no one is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE