Droo_

Is science still worth studying?

34 posts in this topic

you are confused about science. science is absolute truth and God working methods of things. science and spirituality aren't a conflicting two things. they are pairs. because of leo didn't articulate he is idea precisely this confusion occurs. you can't crtisize science, because science is God itself. science is knowledge and knowledge is God. We have to be very specific when we crtisize science. science by itself can't be crtisize because science is God. 

we have to understand there degree and layers of science. science is your day to day everyday life. science isn't only done at university. 

be specific about science. 

Posted (edited)

@Jacob Morres Thank you for the advice. After thinking about it more, I am going to finish college regardless and I might as well get a degree in something science or math related because this was what I was interested in. It will also guarantee me having a good job so I can support my life purpose when I find that. I just do know if I will have the same motivation to learn it. 

Edited by Droo_

"Worth" implies a cost as if studying science had some sort of end prize. There is no cost nor end prize, if you enjoy doing science, do science for the fun of it.

Doing science does not mean you cannot do other things you like. You can do science and other things that interests you. It's easy to look at it as if it was a dilemma, but in reality you can organize your free time in any way you want integrating any disciplines you want into it.

On 31/07/2021 at 6:22 PM, Droo_ said:

@thisintegrated Well, I used to study science just for fun but Leo's criticisms were making me doubt if it is even a valid thing to study. I'm not gonna be motivated to study something if it's just a bunch of bullshit lol. Although it seems like it is because of all the useful things we can do with science.

Leo also believes in Aliens. Are you just going to take his word for it or look for yourself? Leo is just one person, if you want the truth about all of this you'll have to search deeper.

@4201 I also believe in Aliens. But yeah I haven't even watched the deconstructing the myth of science series yet so I should probably do that.

Posted (edited)

@Droo_ Science, consciously done is the next level humanity is heading to. If we, or Leo are criticising science it comes from a "higher" view point. It's like realizing most science done today comes from an arrogant point of view, the materialistic world view. Add to that, that most bullshit science done today is basically an unispired "autistic" numbers crunching. (Keep in mind, most, not all science)

Nonetheless, the quality e.g. of my own work skyrocketed, the more awake I became of the limits of the materialistic world view. When I try to explain "how I did it" to other people they literally think I am crazy. Yet, the quality of the work speaks for itself. Explain to a materialist that you gained new insights, tripping balls on 300µg of LSD.

So maybe you should read (alot) about Einstein who was a very awake scientist. He did not just "believe" in God but was highly inspired by God. He also openly talked about God (unlike many other scientists nowadays). The work of Einstein is one of the greatest achievements of humanity. (for the sake of completeness: many quantum-scientists talked about God because they looked so deeply into reality).

Edited by TheSource

@TheSource Ok I will look into Einstein and other scientists like him. What work do you do? 

The materialistic paradigm is powerful, which is why so many people get caught up in scientism (not science).   Scientism is a product of ignorant minds.   Studying the history of science is highly useful for sharpening your depth of thought.  For example, the insight that the force that makes an apple fall is the same force that makes the planets revolve around the sun (i.e., gravity) was an astonishing discovery and blew peoples minds when it was first published by Newton.   Now, it is accepted as “obvious” by everyone and the initial wonder becomes lost.   Study the history of science to sharpen your mind. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

16 hours ago, Droo_ said:

@TheSource Ok I will look into Einstein and other scientists like him. What work do you do? 

Yes, please do so and get inspired.

I am an engineer and did some researching here and there. I try not to separate my spiritual-life from the work I do. The opposite is true: I try to merge both aspects. And well, it's working out very nicely. It's almost like cheating because the spiritual work I do boosted my creativtiy by a very large amount. It's almost as if your default mode of thinking is "outside the box".

As I said, science can only profit from high-consciousness humans. So, if you like doing science and maths, see it as a challenge to synthezise science and spirituality in your own work. I can only encourage you to do so. Who else is changing the materialistic paradigm of science if not people like you?

21 hours ago, mw711 said:

@Hulk bro everything is god what are you even saying?

be specific about your critics about science! 

Science 

Science - culture 

Science - traditions 

science - agency

Science - institutions 

etc. 

Posted (edited)

I don't quite understand what you mean when you ask whether it is worth studying science. After reading the comments below the post, I also want to note that it is quite very important to critically perceive the information you hear, wherever you get it. Personally, from my point of view, I want to say that in case of any doubts, I always prefer to trust science and experimental studies and researches. But whether or not to study science in college is a separate question. For me personally, this does not make sense, because even in college I used https://uk.edubirdie.com/lab-report-writing to finish any lab work. I was bored with writing report and so on. Nevertheless, I love to constantly read news from the field of different sciences, that is, in my case, it is more for my own development, general knowledge, and not for an academic or research purpose. I think it is worth thinking about this before making a decision about studying because this is your invaluable time, your money and your efforts! Wish you luck!

Edited by Amelie Hayes

@Droo_

On 28/07/2021 at 4:47 AM, Droo_ said:

I used to study science and math just for the heck of it outside of school. I am about to go to college and I am leaning towards doing something STEM-related. Although I am not sure if I want my life purpose to revolve around science.

Depends on if the person still values science. I don't, so it makes little sense in investing too much energy and time into science. I'd rather do what I love and put time into that.