thisintegrated

What are the main challenges at Turquoise?

36 posts in this topic

Probably basic survival stuff like eating and shitting, and going further spiritually and whatever other field they like, are the only challenges left. Which probably wouldn't even be considered challenges because they aren't. 

The distinctions between Yellow and Turquoise aren't very important. I just refer to them as Tier 2.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I view Turquoise as a “maintenance” stage: It maintains and optimizes systems formed at Yellow. It’s similar to Purple in the sense it recognizes there is so much humankind will never understand about the universe, unlike Yellow, which wants to understand everything and solve all the meta systemic problems.

In short, Turquoise recognizes the limitations of Yellow, but at the same time can fall into the trap of being too passive about solving the world’s problems. 

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

It’s all already perfect. Creating problems through a  ‘my problem’ lens is left at / collapsed with, yellow. Just an effortless ‘paying it forward’ remains. 

Love it! :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

15 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Someone's gotta ask the hard questions, don't care if that makes me look like an "Orange".  There's literally no information on Turquoise, and it is the goal of all of humanity, so of course I'm gonna be interested in figuring it out.

Touché, you right lil' nigga

It is my thought that this thing called "turquoise" is able to be experienced more after doing consciousness/spiritual work of some sort. Them the Alan Watts speeches seem to resonate more, if I am to believe my past memory

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Watching @Zeroguy turning 18 years old.

Hahahahahahahaha. 

Never and not even then who wants to be old fart. 

Turquoise is not the highest stage. In Spiral Dynamics it is, but there are other similiar models.

Turquoise is not 'free of ego', nor 'enlightened' in a way Nahm, Sadhguru, Spira, Osho or others like that are usually recognized as. Ken Wilber would call this Tier 3 (Indigo or beyond), aware of Self, aware of Oneness. Turquoise is holistic, Indigo is unitive.

Turquoise is the later integral stage, late vision-logic, peeking into transpersonal (Tier 3) states and stages time to time. My wild guess would be that Leo is centered here. Turquoise 'has' suffering, has ego, has problems, but it's far less identified and now goes with the flow. Turquoise is only beginning to peek into what we may call mystical nature when in everyday 'baseline' consciousness. Turquoise recognizes the mind and emotions as objects of awareness, but the subject/object duality is not yet let go.

Yet, this is "just" a model, and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I am lost. Nothing to see here.

1_gTti7FuA5ncdwXnoqb5Xmg.jpeg

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

9 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Turquoise 'has' suffering, has ego, has problems, but it's far less identified and now goes with the flow. Turquoise is only beginning to peek into what we may call mystical nature when in everyday 'baseline' consciousness. Turquoise recognizes the mind and emotions as objects of awareness, but the subject/object duality is not yet let go.

Sources?

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

Yet, this is "just" a model, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Well said!

It's Love.

What would be the problems of society that doesn't care about survival? Hard to even imagine tbh.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Sources?

Leo and Ken Wilber. Turquoise is late vision-logic, holistic thinking and aware of ego, yet has not transcended ego.

In Susanne R. Cook-Greuters model, Ego-aware (6, Alchemist) correlates with SD Turquoise. This is not ego transcendence. Turquoise does not transcend the mind, emotion, "life", "experience" and "world".

3 hours ago, roopepa said:

Leo and Ken Wilber. Turquoise is late vision-logic, holistic thinking and aware of ego, yet has not transcended ego.

In Susanne R. Cook-Greuters model, Ego-aware (6, Alchemist) correlates with SD Turquoise. This is not ego transcendence. Turquoise does not transcend the mind, emotion, "life", "experience" and "world".

This the way I see it: Cook-Greuter is an ego developmental model, which you can treat as one "line" in Ken Wilber and Don Beck's SDi framework. In other words, there are other aspects to turquoise that are more or less orthogonal to ego development, thus to say that "turquoise is ego-aware" full-stop is a bit inaccurate. For instance, "holistic thinking" is related the cognitive line of development. Just because you're a "holistic thinker" (cognitively turquoise) does not necessarily mean that you're "ego-aware" (egoically turquoise). Likewise, the original SD concept of "vMEME" can be treated as its own developmental line in the SDi. Some lines are more general/inclusive/overarching than others and some are overlapping, but Wilber's observation is that all the lines have to go through the same "developmental altitudes"(order of stages), hence why it all fits into one integrative framework ("Spiral Dynamics Integral").

Edited by Carl-Richard

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

This the way I see it: Cook-Greuter is an ego developmental model, which you can treat as one "line" in Ken Wilber and Don Beck's SDi framework. In other words, there are other aspects to turquoise that are more or less orthogonal to ego development, thus to say that "turquoise is ego-aware" full-stop is a bit inaccurate. For instance, "holistic thinking" is related the cognitive line of development. Just because you're a "holistic thinker" (cognitively turquoise) does not necessarily mean that you're "ego-aware" (egoically turquoise). Likewise, the original SD concept of "vMEME" can be treated as its own developmental line in the SDi. Some lines are more general/inclusive/overarching than others and some are overlapping, but Wilber's observation is that all the lines have to go through the same "developmental altitudes"(order of stages), hence why it all fits into one integrative framework ("Spiral Dynamics Integral").

Yeah. Of course. When I say "Turquoise" I refer to the altitude of development in which stages of different lines correlate with each other, with SD Turquoise. My bad for using poor language.

When I talk about a developmental altitude I am not talking about a person who may or may not have different lines at different stages. I am talking about the altitude.