ivankiss

My thoughts on psychedelics

49 posts in this topic

@ivankiss 

They spiral in and out of consciousness, maybe having a glimpse or two - at best. And even then it's all way too distorted. Not to mention when the experience is over - and they're back on their baseline... There is no way they brought back anything. And even if they did; they would not have what it takes to implement and/or integrate what they realized. Hence there is no actual realization. Only fantasy.

You don't know that. You're underestimating people. Yes, the vast majority of people are stupid. But I don't agree with the quote that psychedelics don't work on stupid people. 

I've witnessed people taking ridiculous amounts of shrooms, lsd, etc, and I can guarantee you none of them has truly realized God, or had any truly meaningful insight on the structure of reality, existence, beingness, Love, etc.

I think it's foolish to guarantee such things and say the experience is not truly meaningful. The love of God in the lives of those that have taken psychedelics is visible. No matter how conscious they were or how many trips they've had. 

"You Create Magic" 

1 minute ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

You don't know that. You're underestimating people.

Trust me, more often than not, I'm overestimating them.

3 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

But I don't agree with the quote that psychedelics don't work on stupid people. 

I don't entirely, exactly, either. Hence this thread. I think you are just misinterpreting what I'm actually saying.

4 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

The love of God in the lives of those that have taken psychedelics is visible. No matter how conscious they were or how many trips they've had. 

Again; nowhere am I saying that's not true. I'm pointing to a very specific thing here. And somehow that's not what you are seeing.

Psychedelics are not (necessarily) a shortcut to a full-blown God-realiziton. In fact; for the majority - they're not. But that does not mean all those people cannot extract value, meaning, etc, from the experience and become a more loving/wise. That part was completely your assumption. Not my words.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

But that does not mean all those people cannot extract value, meaning, etc, from the experience and become a more loving/wise. That part was completely your assumption. Not my words.

No, they're your words. 

They spiral in and out of consciousness, maybe having a glimpse or two - at best. And even then it's all way too distorted. 

or had any truly meaningful insight on the structure of reality, existence, beingness, Love, etc

Psychedelics raise baselines in my experience. That's why I thought these parts of your post were slightly misguided. 

"You Create Magic" 

On 7/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, ivankiss said:

I've witnessed people taking ridiculous amounts of shrooms, lsd, etc, and I can guarantee you none of them has truly realized God, or had any truly meaningful insight on the structure of reality, existence, beingness, Love, etc.

@Flowerfaeiry This is my personal, subjective experience and that is what I was speaking of. But please, feel free to twist my words and interpret them as you wish.

I am speaking about my experience with people that took psychedelics in my presence, and also; I'm assuming that is the case with many others. I'm not talking about your friends and family here. Jeez.

Psychedelics do raise baseline, I agree. But they are not a fucking shortcut to fully realizing God. That's it.

21 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I think high dose trips should come first then you use THC to work on bringing your baseline up to that. Lots of serious contemplation on THC can raise baseline like crazy. I can have more intense and insightful experiences from a couple hits on a THC vape pen now compared to taking 10 tabs of LSD or 6 grams of shrooms a couple years ago. Most of the time, I can reach slightly lower levels which would still be remarkable to most psychedelic users or spiritual seekers without any THC. Things are so more fluid on THC that it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to practice without it though unless my goal is to have a more controlled human experience. 

Skipped your comment, sorry.

I agree, contemplation/meditation can be gold when combined with THC. And it's much, much easier to ground/bring back those insights/realizations.

But again, not all will go there. In fact; the vast majority won't. People in general smoke weed and play video games or binge watch their favorite TV shows. There is no place for any truly profound realizations to occur in that space.

@Flowerfaeiry Cool. I got the feeling I triggered or insulted you in some way. Apologies if that is the case. That was clearly not my intention.