ivankiss

My thoughts on psychedelics

49 posts in this topic

@Nahm Forced, meaning, if I was to actively trying to avoid those words in order to appear more enlightened. 

Liberation, to me, is exactly the opposite of that. That's what I discovered true detachment to be.

@ivankiss  Yours is an important viewpoint regarding the topic.

Indeed it doesn't tell a story about bad/good.

Some things are more or less helpful to different people.

Having a crazy experience that one takes no insight away from, might still help them in some other unforeseeable way.

A little LSD or mushrooms can send me straight to the whole "you are everything/ everything is an expression of infinite love" rooftop party sometimes.

At this point I usually find that if there are others tripping with me, they can't relate to what I'm saying, and it seems wrong even to tell them, because it's obvious that they want to keep existing and not be woken up.

Nice for you that you have such a good relationship with weed, man. It makes me feel fucking insane unless I combine it with yoga.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

40 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Liberation, to me, is exactly the opposite of that. That's what I discovered true detachment to be.

me... me... who are you?

Find the source of me-thinking ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove I am deliberately emphasizing that this is just the way I see things, from a rather limited perspective.

What you are pointing to, has already been done though. 

@flowboy Awesome, thanks.

Well, I usually combine weed with creativity or contemplation/meditation. I rarely watch TV or anything like that while high... unless I'm having a girl over B|

53 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@allislove I am deliberately emphasizing that this is just the way I see things, from a rather limited perspective.

What you are pointing to, has already been done though. 

Roughly speaking, there are 2 roads: 

First one is about strengthening the beliefs in separation - levels, states, baselines, etc... and to suffer more at some point.
Second one is about investigating the direct experience...  perhaps 1 hour daily morning meditation may be helpful... so the bliss is self-realized.

There is a choice. Up to you, bro ;)  

@allislove There is also a road that leads you to jump off of a bridge, because you got a bit too lost in this whole 'no me no you no whatever' type of stuff.

And there is also a very crucial point on one's journey that can be referred to as 'the karmic return'. It's about returning to the body, to the persona, to the ego, to the I, to life, to 'illusion' - if you will. All those yummy words that trigger the crap out of hardcore nondualists.

And that process occurs after one has reached the top of the mountain.

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

Nice for you that you have such a good relationship with weed, man. It makes me feel fucking insane unless I combine it with yoga.

Funny how it can affect us so differently, I generally find myself going into panic mode whenever I smoke it (which isn't very often - maybe that's the problem) these days. Just seems to trigger all my unresolved trauma, I don't know why.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

7 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@allislove There is also a road that leads you to jump off of a bridge, because you got a bit too lost in this whole 'no me no you no whatever' type of stuff.

That's the road of separation, first one. 

@allislove Yes, but it's disguised as the 'right road'. Or else one would not get lost on it.

@RickyFitts I used to have panic attacks too. And then I took a long break. Nearly a year long, or so.

The first joint after that pause was a bit intense. Lots of anxiety and stuff arose. But I recognized that as an invitation to break through those feelings and thoughts and find my center. High or not.

Since then; I can smoke without any turbulence. Then again; I smoke very light joints. 70% tobacco or so. Don't judge xD

I agree. I think it's really important to have a good foundation of healthy habits to keep you stable, work on your consciousness/ open-mindedness, and a basic framework and understanding of nonduality in order to have a good insightful trip. 

I have a friend who took a psychedelic while she was depressed and she saw demons and shit. That same friend also didn't have any understanding of nonduality and another time she tripped, she was convinced that she was homies with Shiva and had a whole existential crisis about Hinduism (especially since she never practiced the religion and she doesn't know much about it yet she had a ton of visions on the trip). I just remember that she came to me with all type of questions regarding religion. She tells me that she likes to trip on occasion because she likes seeing the pretty colors. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@ivankiss Oh I'm a complete lightweight, I ain't judging no-one trust me :D

47 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The first joint after that pause was a bit intense. Lots of anxiety and stuff arose. But I recognized that as an invitation to break through those feelings and thoughts and find my center. High or not.

Eesh, I'll bet it was :o I salute your presence of mind, though, that makes all the difference.

I think it's in social situations that it really affects me, that really does put me into panic mode. If I can retreat into my own private space it's usually much more tolerable.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts That's understandable.

I rarely do, if ever, smoke outside in large groups of people.

I prefer one on one, or by myself.

@ivankiss Aye, that's the best way to go - it's not really a social drug. 

4 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Yeah, that's like after your first time thinking you are a sex god :D

xD I skipped that one.

Well, it did not come from my mouth... xD

@RickyFitts Any drug is not really a social drug - I'd say. At least not until one becomes very, very familiar and comfortable with the substance they're taking.

@soos_mite_ah Skipped your comment, too...

I feel you. Can relate.

I learned my lesson the hard way. You might enjoy reading my very first post on this forum: 

This is exactly how one should not take psychedelics. 

Unless one is a total badass :ph34r:

4 hours ago, flowboy said:

@ivankiss  Yours is an important viewpoint regarding the topic.

Indeed it doesn't tell a story about bad/good.

Some things are more or less helpful to different people.

Having a crazy experience that one takes no insight away from, might still help them in some other unforeseeable way.

A little LSD or mushrooms can send me straight to the whole "you are everything/ everything is an expression of infinite love" rooftop party sometimes.

At this point I usually find that if there are others tripping with me, they can't relate to what I'm saying, and it seems wrong even to tell them, because it's obvious that they want to keep existing and not be woken up.

Feel you.

I used to feel so alone at times, when I could not share the beauty and profundity of the experience with my trip-companion. We were taking the same doses. But, as arrogant as it may sound, I had to keep climbing down the ladder, in order to meet them where they were at. 

That does not mean the experience was bad (although at times it was), but mainly, it simply means that everyone is at their level and are evolving at their own pace.

It would be silly to expect from a 3 year old child to run as fast as an adult. Yet they are still One. I see no contradictions, whatsoever.

2 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

She tells me that she likes to trip on occasion because she likes seeing the pretty colors. 

It's funny, because the main questions I had before tripping was that I wanted to know what the pretty colors were "made out of": "What causes hallucinations?" "What is its mechanics?" "Why does it move like that?" "Why is it symmetrical and morphing?" However, when I actually tripped, those questions never arose. Instead, I got a lesson in The Four Noble Truths. In other words, it wasn't a fun trip :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@ivankiss Fair point xD

I agree with your thoughts, i experience similar. What i find is that people who have not experienced those states naturally, do not seem to carry them well as they don't know or haven't met themselves that deeply yet. Those who have usually can carry it very well and more permanently so.

Coming back to the "there are no shortcuts". They can only show us the door, if we haven't done the deep work, the reminders fade quickly.