Snt_lk

Out of Alignment

9 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm shorting the world by not being Authentic. 

At this point, I really don't even care if I'm a "Good" or "Bad" person. I'm only interested in being Authentic to myself. This also terrifies me bc of how drastically my world would change. Will I lose my job, my relationships, my finances? 

All I know is that being Inauthentic is killing me...like literally...I'm not living life and I'm only getting older. I'm holding onto a very fragile world that I've built around me. 

How can I be Authentic???

Well... are you willing to lose it all to discover your authentic self?

I had to. 

Might not be the same for everyone... But I'm assuming most go through this. It's often tied to the notion of 'the dark night of the soul'.

I don't know what's the right step for you. For me it was; leaving everything I once knew behind me and jumping into the deep unknown, with my heart wide open.

@ivankiss

I feel like that's what next for me. 

Can you go through 'The dark night of the soul' twice?

I've gone through some transformations before, but don't know if I 'got the message'. I feel like I came out of what ill call my first dark night more confused and hence developed a "saintly" persona to over compensate.

But being "Good" all the time is making me feel  Inauthentic and fake. Seems like the house of cards is building faster around me, and I'm the only one that knows it could all fall apart at any second.

maybe, just say Fuckk it and see what happens? at the end, I'll still have me, right.

@Charlotte

Listen to that voice that tells me to let it all fall apart?? Then I might find the real me.

@Snt_lk

There is a voice that is drowned out by fear, I'm sure you hear it from time to time between all the screams and worries. 

Strategic, well thought out calculated steps my friend. Use your common sense when moving forward. You are wise, just listen. 

For authentic life:

Give up your acting face.

Focus on connection, not possessions

Be humble.

Put your seat belt, cause you are in for quite a ride.

Shedding the self image by using the principles of honesty, authenticity and being straight forward is hard work, maybe the hardest. But it is also the most freeing. Always remember that any form of being dishonest (lying, deceiving, seducing, omitting, fabricating, hiding some aspect of your self) is inconsistent with your true nature. All forms of dishonesty creates more separation from others, even though fundamentally you aren't separate from any thing that seems other than you. Dishonesty create misalignment in your being, which is lack of integrity, and that will bring different forms of suffering with it.

There is really no guide to being honest. You already know when you are being honest or not. Now it only matters to what degrees and depths are you willing to take it. And this does not mean that now you should lash out or spit every hidden aspect about your self or your thoughts onto others. Honesty is practiced in every communication, but it should appropriate the context of the interaction or relationship. So, don't go tell your mother that you inhale DMT all of sudden, unless it feels like the honest communication you should have within the context of your interaction or relationship.

@Snt_lk If authenticity is your highest agenda you need to listen to yourself. What feels authentic to you? It's not something that you'll suddenly recognize but a journey into deeper and deeper levels of authenticity. 

He has no will of his own.
He dwells in reality,
and lets all illusions go.