Psitarron

Finding your own shamanic path

5 posts in this topic

Is anyone here working on their own shamanic techniques and practices?

- I've used mushrooms to great efficacy in healing my body and mind of depresson as well as my personal addictions to food and tobacco.

I'm currently working on improving my psysical health so that my mental health and physical health are in a state of balance. During my mushroom sessions which are almost exclusivelyl held in solitiude and with ritualized ceremony and intent, I have grown an interest in developing my own shamanic practices. I realize this will be an ongoing process, but I am curious to know if anyone else is trying to develop thier own relationship with the mushrooms to explore the furthest edges of our reality. 

My personal experiences while developing my relationship with the mushroom have been life changing and quite profound.

It can also at times, be terrifying and quite challenging. Many of the challenges stem from ignornace and feeling my way along in the dark. Each mushroom experience I have is used to improve my life. To bring my state of being into balance and harmony with the world around me. It feels like I am consolidating the essence of my being and shedding that which runs counter to the balance. Purifying and condensing  my awareness and resolve. 

During this process, I have cleaned out my psychologial plumbing and feel quite centered; more like myself than I have in quite some time. 

I have an interest in developing psychic tools and practices to aid the expoloration of deeper waters. I've read most recently a book describing the Yaqui way of knowledge. A book that describes some accounts of Yaqui shamanism. Before my current state of being, I would have dismissed some of the accounts as being purely fictional or delusional. However, my personal experiences with the mushroom have shattered that self imposed fiction. 

I am interested to know if anyone else has made progress developing thier own shamanc techniques and what the events or circumstances were regarding implementation of those techniques.

#Mushlove 

What more technique do you need on top of taking mushrooms?

A rain dance?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think, get a hold of some breathing technique, like Wim Hof, or Holotropic Breathwork, or yogic Pranayama, then learn some instrument, like didgeridoo or drums, get some boho style or hemp clothes. This plus mushrooms, you can call yourself a shaman for me xD

Breathing + music + psychedelics, it's all you ever need.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What more technique do you need on top of taking mushrooms?

A rain dance?

After reading about the Yaqui way of knowledge - A book I was turned onto while listenting to a Terence McKenna lecture. He referred to this first book as brilliant and that Castaneda was a geinus. - He also gave the caveat, that after the first book, the guy had to make a living so the context and quality of the following books diminishes. - I found this to be true after reading them. If you or any other decides to read the book, or listen via youtube Audiobook, you will see the difference for yourself.  

There are descriptions that suggest access to entities and places that exist outside of classical space as we know it. Doorways that lead to other worlds, hyperdimensional entities that exist outside of our perceptual reality. The use of spiritual tendrils to extend the form and ability of humans to interact with non ordinary reality. 

There is description of shamans in the past having regular access to these higher dimensions and that one, if so inclined can walk between these worlds. There is also a wide variety of beings described by the teachings of the Yaqui that go beyond, just "ancestor spirits". 

There are descriptions of guardians that stand between this realm and tunnels that lead to other worlds. Guardians that the shaman must pass before access and travel into these areas can be obtained.

Having encountered one such hyperdimensional entity during a meditation session. The entity I refer to as the voice of the mushroom. It lends possibility and credence to the notion that there may be more out there. As for techniques, the Yaqui had a primitive method of defense and offense, which was used to assert intent against entities or other shamans that intended to harm the practitioner. In the end, intent and resolve solidify in non ordinary reality as they sort of become the hands we use to interact with that level.

I will of course be discussing this in detail with the voice of the mushroom as even these early shamans from generations past must have learned the techniques from somewhere. I just thought it might be useful to see if anyone else had methods to solidify their spiritual intent for the purposes of interacting with hyperdimensional entities. 

Taking additional psychadelics, is not what I meant. - The ally I use to attain access is the mushroom. The Yaqui use various substances, but there are many paths, and the important thing is only, to choose a path with heart as one proceeds forward as a warrior on the Yaqui way of knowledge.

-- 

On shamanism in general, there are very few tribes left in existence that practice psychadelic shamanism and each varies slightly. my interest was one born from a spirit of adventure and curiosity. If there is validity to the practice, I will find out for myself.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Psitarron

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

I think, get a hold of some breathing technique, like Wim Hof, or Holotropic Breathwork, or yogic Pranayama, then learn some instrument, like didgeridoo or drums, get some boho style or hemp clothes. This plus mushrooms, you can call yourself a shaman for me xD

Breathing + music + psychedelics, it's all you ever need.

I have looked into getting drums to extend the psychadelic meditation state. I'll be giving that a try quite soon.