Thought Art

What does aligning your will with God's will look like in practice?

23 posts in this topic

I know Leo has mentioned this is the past, I am curious what you think.  

If God is selfless, what is God's will? To be totally loving and selfless?

How do I differentiate between Gods will, my egoic will and projections?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It's simple, if there is resistance to what's happening that is a sign of ego.

Aligning with God's Will is allowing and flowing with what is. There is congruence between thoughts, actions and that which is taking place. And if something happens which appears to be an obstacle against what you're doing, you adjust your thoughts/actions and align once again with what is.

God's Will is simply what's happening.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan Trivial

◭"89"

Actually quite profound, but hey, go ahead and get wrapped up in more mind chatter if that's what you're looking for, that's also God's will ;)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

You cannot ever be separate from god. Whatever seems to be appearing and happening right now is what needs to be happening. 
<3 much love

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

If God is selfless, what is God's will? To be totally loving and selfless?

It's impossible for the ego to imagine this.

To fully surrender to God's Will is a radical and mystical thing. It almost feels like your body and mind are taken over by the Universe. Universal Intelligence courses through your veins and you align to this Intelligence such that every muscle in your body and every thought in your mind becomes informed by Divine Perfection.

This would require nuking all sense of personal self and personal agenda. Then your only agenda would be the Universe's agenda. And you don't need to know the precise agenda, because you know it's always Love. And then your life is just like surfing atop an endless wave of Love. All your decisions become aligned with the highest Good for All. God takes over your body and mind and you become its tool.

But for that to happen there would have to be zero trace of self. You could not have your own personal desires or agenda any more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How to identify what is wrong from gods prespective? Perspective of highest good for all.

If ego is what driving my every thought and action then how can we align our will with the will of God. Most of our life is driven by our ego. 

How can I know what is even right ? 

IME, it is listening to intuition and letting the knowing guide your everyday life. Intuition is felt by listening to the silence. There's something arising from that. Every time when you feel resistant against intuition and you feel not good in being resistant you can tap into self-compassion and forgive yourself.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

33 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@Leo Gura How to identify what is wrong from gods prespective? Perspective of highest good for all.

There is nothing wrong from God's POV.

If ego is what driving my every thought and action then how can we align our will with the will of God. Most of our life is driven by our ego. 

Simple. Get rid of ego until nothing remains.

How can I know what is even right ? 

Once you fully surrender, you don't need the know. Universal Intelligence will simply act through your body and mind without you having to control anything.

See, ego is simply that which resists Universal flow. The sun is never confused about which way it's going or what is right or wrong. It just follows God's flow. Without ego you become like an object of nature.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To fully surrender to God's Will is a radical and mystical thing. It almost feels like your body and mind are taken over by the Universe. Universal Intelligence courses through your veins and you align to this Intelligence such that every muscle in your body and every thought in your mind becomes informed by Divine Perfection.

This would require nuking all sense of personal self and personal agenda. Then your only agenda would be the Universe's agenda. And you don't need to know the precise agenda, because you know it's always Love. And then your life is just like surfing atop an endless wave of Love. All your decisions become aligned with the highest Good for All. God takes over your body and mind and you become its tool.

But for that to happen there would have to be zero trace of self. You could not have your own personal desires or agenda any more.

❤️

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Dispel those beliefs in separation. Try pointing to the ‘stuff of thoughts’ (like “a thinker”) to distinguish, or rather apply clarity to, thought narrative overlays vs actuality. Inevitably, the practice is adopted and those are realized to be just thoughts about nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is interesting information which, I suspect requires a lot of maturity to handle. I am sure it's easy for a devil to convince themselves they are acting by the hand of the universe. If it really does happen, and I have felt this love already at least in droplets along my journey. If it does happen, then it will be true and there will be no question.

If that day comes when the Universe calls upon my vessel, I will prepare. But, until then I am normal mundane human pursuing life purpose and a rich deep understanding of myself and universe. 

I love the Arcadefire lyrics from their song rebellion "Now here's the Sun and it's alright, Now here's the moon and it's alright... But every time you close your eyes.. .Lies Lies!" 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Becoming/Being aware that there's no 'intermediary' between ___ and ___

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

10 hours ago, Thought Art said:

God's will is what is, stillness. Egoic will is what that tries to change what is, noise.

I have an imaginary pet dog, his will seems to be to sniff butts, chase squirrels and slobber. I am desperately trying to align my will with his but I got smacked really hard with a cane yesterday for sniffing a butt so lately I've been quite hesitant to continue this pursuit.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

See, ego is simply that which resists Universal flow. The sun is never confused about which way it's going or what is right or wrong. It just follows God's flow. Without ego you become like an object of nature.

Yes, but that resistance is just conceptual, because egoic actions are "God-sent". What I mean is that God decided what the ego should look like and what it wants to do. So, in a sense, God wants the ego to act based on unconscious desires, because that's the only way to get an experience of struggle and progression. 

I totally agree on the ego resisting God realization (because of the death it implies) but the ego is still 100% God's pure will. 

That means that the Ego's resistance is just conceptual, because emotions, thoughs and fear are just phenomena happening to God, who is observing them, and at the same time believing that it is a limited human. 

At least that's how I've felt it myself. 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

By recognizing you’re already aligned with the will of God. There is no individual will to align with God’s - that would imply you’re somehow going against the intelligence of the Universe. You are not. The idea that you could exert a will in contrast with the will of the whole is a position steeped in illusion, fantasy, and projection.

What we can do, however, is recognize that this ‘Will of God’ is already and has always and will always be what is happening at deeper and deeper levels. All of these stories about personal will are not needed to behave, move, speak, and act in the world.

Letting go does not mean surrender the ego’s will, or somehow killing the ego until “there’s nothing left.” There’s already nothing there. Letting go means recognizing the underlying reality that you can’t do anything, there was never a choice in the matter. All blame, guilt, shame, frustration, envy, jealousy, pride, arrogance, etc is based on this false premise of “personal will.” So letting go simply means recognizing there is nothing to change because the will of God is already manifesting perfectly, completely, and wholly. Even in the grips  of delusion and sense of objectified consciousness, even that is God’s will. 

Practically, walking meditation while placing attention on the fact that you aren’t doing the moving is a powerful way to begin seeing this clearly. Or speaking while recognizing the words are flowing without your having to think of the words beforehand, they simply flow, you don’t control anything. The sharper our attention can pierce into the subtly of experience, the more deeply we see all desire and intention to act is driven out of a spontaneous emergence of perceptive experience, leaving 0 room to exert control or manipulation.

Yet when entranced by the illusion of control or manipulation, or even the idea that you could stop controlling or manipulating, all you do is control and manipulate. ;) 

In other words, it's like God created a scripted movie and now it is watching it by also believing to be struggling inside the story :ph34r:

And the egoic resistances are meant to keep god from spoiling the fiction. 

:ph34r:

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Microwave goes *bling!* and i get up from the chair to get the food.