Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_Esoteric

Understanding Self-Love

6 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm having a tough time understanding the notion of Self Love! Leo stated in his video regarding self-love that it's a reference to the True Self which is the entire universe. And that I will not truly understand, unless I have a Mystical Experience of Self and Love. I'm so eager to apply this teaching to my life but have no true understanding of what it means, other than the idea of loving my limited self. I'm always seeking love, recognition and validation from external sources because I lack Self-Love which makes me an unattractive person to most. I don't think anybody can communicate the notion of Self-Love to me but if anyone has any tips on how to apply this teaching, please let me know. I'm no where near on the verge of experiencing Ego Dissolution, yet. 

Love/Self-Love is quite an advanced territory in this work, so don't worry, you're doing fine.

Just a few practises that increase your baseline level of consciousness: meditation, shadow work, exercise, yoga, healthy diet. Start experimenting with different practises, see what works for you. If you can implement a holistic lifestyle and you're consistent and patient with it, you can realize that you don't really need 'external' sources and validation from other people. You start liking (or even loving) yourself. And then, if you take your spiritual practises to deeper levels, maybe you'll see glimpses of Love.

4 hours ago, Chris_Esoteric said:

I'm always seeking love, recognition and validation from external sources because I lack Self-Love which makes me an unattractive person to most. 

Contemplate the hell out of these beliefs, go deep. Go to the core. 

Why do you believe you need love, recognition, and validation from others?

And how did you ever come up with the idea that you lack any of these things?

Is it a belief, or is it the truth?

Take a close look, love. 

You can start simply by loving yourself more in a limited sense.

Start by buildung up your self-esteem. See 6 Pillars Of Self-Esteem book and do the exercises.

Stuff like that.

Love reality too. Love people. Love life. Love nature. Love all the stuff you hate.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

10 hours ago, Chris_Esoteric said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm having a tough time understanding the notion of Self Love! Leo stated in his video regarding self-love that it's a reference to the True Self which is the entire universe. And that I will not truly understand, unless I have a Mystical Experience of Self and Love. I'm so eager to apply this teaching to my life but have no true understanding of what it means, other than the idea of loving my limited self. I'm always seeking love, recognition and validation from external sources because I lack Self-Love which makes me an unattractive person to most. I don't think anybody can communicate the notion of Self-Love to me but if anyone has any tips on how to apply this teaching, please let me know. I'm no where near on the verge of experiencing Ego Dissolution, yet. 

Believing in / looking for the ‘limited self’ vs ‘the true self’ is spiritually dogmatic conceptual existential rumination, and the only point that serves is to expedite the fruitlessness of the approach, and thus the inevitability of adopting the practice. Love is all, and thus can never be reached, achieved, acquired, obtained, experienced or realized by anyone. Only in letting all beliefs to the contrary go does love realize it never moved, never thought, never did, and never left. 

Practically speaking, you are always feeling discord & alignment as the creator of your reality, which has one source - not two. There is nowhere you could go in which you are without the guidance of love.  Analogously, you could vacuum a floor with (alignment, felt), and without (discord, felt), the vacuum plugged in. You are free to do either, but only one creates change. When you are feeling great, you are aligned and creating the change desired. When you are feeling discord, stop, let whatever that is go, and inherently by default you are ‘plugging in’… then proceed. ‘Plugging in’ is initially paradoxical and counterintuitive, as plugging in is not a doing, but a letting go of the thought, perspective, belief, focus, etc, upon that which discord in feeling (guidance) is felt. 

Not a single one of those self referential thoughts are true. Let them dissolve into the deep relaxation of your practice first thing every morning, and they will no longer arise. In the space in which that thought activity was, love will be. Already Is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE