Droo_

Why meditate?

15 posts in this topic

I was thinking about starting a meditation habit after I finish my heavy metal detox but I want to know why it is important to meditate and what are the benefits? Is it worth the 30-60 minute daily investment?

well, lots of people meditate for different reasons. I personally do it everyday to deepen my self realization process. To realize fundamental truth.

But outside of that, becoming really intimate with reality, yourself and life in general is incredible. To clear your head and not be so stressed and anxious. thats all nice too.

and you dont have to meditate for very long everyday. Just take it slow. 5 quality minutes is a lot better than 50 bad ones where you're just torturing yourself.

I'd say it's SO worth it to at least try and experiment with. But you gotta try to do it a little everyday for like a month or so to really get a feel for how it can impact you and your life. It's really something you just have to experience for yourself.

Benefits?

Calms your mind. Enough? Yes, a lot happens when your mind is calm as still water. 

so that your mind is clean as a mirror, to realize that you do not need anything, to enjoy the beauty of the world, be more effective, eliminate laziness, increase your understanding, your intelligence, be more yourself

@Droo_

If you stick to a daily meditation habit long term your life will change in  such profound ways you won't ever want to get off that cushion. 

You'll have to try it to find out more. 

Here's a tip - Like lots of things in life, it's a long road, tough at first and you need to try different techniques. But worth it. 

3 hours ago, Droo_ said:

I was thinking about starting a meditation habit after I finish my heavy metal detox but I want to know why it is important to meditate and what are the benefits? Is it worth the 30-60 minute daily investment?

It will help raise your baseline consciousness and also provide a sense of inner well being...because you are resting in Being by turning inward.  This is counterintuitive to the ego which looks externally for happiness - where true peace lies within.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the responses and advice, I will definitely be starting a meditation habit shortly. I just want to finish my heavy metal detox and improve my diet before I start in order to get good results. 

Edited by Droo_

44 minutes ago, Droo_ said:

Thank you for the responses and advice, I will definitely be starting a meditation habit shortly. I just want to finish my heavy metal detox and improve my diet before I start in order to get good results. 

There’s no reason to prolong beginning. In fact, you’d have better direct experience of how diet and detox are effecting the mind if you began practicing now. 

@Droo_ It's important to consider that there are no "good results" in meditation. Obviously you have some ideas about your practise and you'd like your session to be smooth and easy, that's fine. But here's the thing. If you sit on your cushion and start your timer, that's it. You can consider that session a complete success. Doesn't really matter if you got lost in monkey-mind several times and you couldn't focus the way you wanted to. You sat through the session, so it's a win. Consistency is key.

meditate or vegetate, let me think for a minute

@Droo_

Full reverse. Take no beliefs, projections, expectations, intentions, desires, or even a single thought ‘into’ the practice. Do not know, or strive or anticipate to know anything, in regard to the practice. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Full reverse. Take no beliefs, projections, expectations, intentions, desires, or even a single thought ‘into’ the practice. Do not know, or strive or anticipate to know anything, in regard to the practice. 

That is the true beginner's mind🙏

@Droo_ Yes, begin to meditate. Don't ask what's in it for you, just start sitting down for a few minutes every day and you will see. Meditation is a very joyful thing - if you allow yourself to be joyful. Because you know, many people regard meditation as "a practice" and to them, it's like bitter medicine. "It's good for me!!"😐 They feel that they have to meditate.

But they don't😂 see, you don't have to meditate. That's what makes it such a lovely thing.

I do it because I love it. And maybe you too will love it. Give it a try😄