Someone here

What is time?

31 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

What is it which we measure with a clock ? ?

Imagine the uselessness of a small sign in the middle of the woods that says “trees”. 

Obviously that sign would not be needed, because, trees. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

I think it depends on how you define time.

If you define time as movement than time is movement by definition. But if you define time as imagination of past-present-future than you can have movement without it.

You can isolate time from movememt and eliminate it.

Movement will remain while time is gone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What is time in your 

Just now, This said:

7.00 AM in Finland

Ahahha xD

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Aristotle and other philosophers would say that time is inseparable from movement. Not movement in the current sense of the term, but, as the ancient greeks intended it, movement as change, mutation. They would say you could experience time even without movement, since movement is intended as change, flowing, of even just internal cognitive states. And when I think about it, after have had experienced time very differently, I would say that it's almost true: not when there's no change of cognitive states, but when there's no change of consciousness, i.e. when consciousness is separated from the various ever changing cognitive states, then there's no time perception as well. As Leo said, there could be movement with no time. Time is an epiphenomena of pure consciousness identifying with its own imagination. In other words, time is epiphenomenal to us, through us.

Edited by Andrea Marchetti

I would say that time is what appears as creation unfolding itself, from the vantage point of eternity.

And this would be why the moment is always "now" while forms are dancing around.

23 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Time is God's invention to help itself cope with infinity. 

interesting! 

It is how we describe the amount of changes that have happened in the only moment there ever is (the Now). E.g. 5 moons have appeared and disappeared from the Now since X event (and we call this "days").

If you can conceive of time as a room, the room is always the same. People come into and leave the room, so the contents of the room change and we measure this change with something called the past and future.

The null empty nothing that is consciousness is not eternal IN time, time is in IT. So literally just imagine an empty nothing void (we can only conceive of this as say, black in all directions), and then space and time appear in THAT. Space and time appear in consciousness. It is never in any moment but the present.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can isolate time from movememt and eliminate it.

Movement will remain while time is gone.

But that's what I and he meant. There's nothing TO time, there's just movements and it's relativity. That relativity+thought is what we call time.