iboughtleosbooklist

In a way, your whole human existence is a lie

7 posts in this topic

One day you just started lying to yourself, and here's where it lead. Kinda fucked up thing to realize ?

Well, it seems like the truest thing there is at the moment.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

What are you talking about 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here The whole ego is built from a false premise. Simple as that. If you are still identifying mainly with the ego then you are deeeeeply self decieved. But it's not your fault. Ride the wave bro ?

You also have to consider that the ego (personal identity) is kind of an essential tool for life. You need it to be a functioning human.

But as Adyashanti once said; "There's a difference between ego as identity, and ego as function."

So I personally wouldn't think about it like this.

Yeah good point, some will be more self decieved than others. But for me, the idea of "my parents don't like me" which is a really terrible belief to build your ego from, was ultimately not true. It was a simple misunderstanding. A few misunderstandings when you are young and boom, decades of false belief upon false belief, all of your own doing. You can't blame anyone but your self so you just feel like a dumbass. Leo is right, this is one of those painful realizations you don't really want to accept. But the sooner the better.

Edited by iboughtleosbooklist