EugeneTheSage

Going to ashram to escape (or delay) wage slavery

58 posts in this topic

On 26.7.2021 at 11:31 AM, actualizing25 said:

Imagine you are free everyday. I would do spiritual practices all day long, meditate for 12h, everyday.

I have a spiritually motivated (SD Stage Green) friend who's had total financial support from his parents to live a good upper mid-class life without working at all since he moved away from his parents like over 10 years ago. He's been constantly suffering and backsliding because he's tried to develop faster than his psyche is able to tolerate.

Just now he's awakening to the importance of other relative, more ordinary life matters.

2 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:
2 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

Sometimes I couldn't sleep because I'm so inspired so I wake up and do 3d till 03 AM

That is how. I don't say it is much more interesting than spirituality

If you require specific information about living at the Isha Yoga Center, i can help you. I stayed there for 6 months.

I would say you will have only about 3-4 hours a day to work on 3D modeling after excluding 6-7 hours of volunteering, 3-4 hours meditation, 7 hours sleeping. 

Also if you want free accomodation, you will be living in dormitory environment. It's alright as long as you can work and learn in that kind of environment.

@Chi_ 3 hours a day is very good! I thought I would scarcely have 2 hours. Thanks for the information. Does dormitory environment mean 3 people in the room? I suppose they have some silent cozy place aka library?

Do they accept volunteers during pandemics? Should you just complete the Inner Engineering Course or you also should complete Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya 2 times per day 40 days mandala in order to become a volunteer? Meanwhile, is it possible to fly India in the nearest time - I've read that you cannot travel by tourist visa

Edited by EugeneTheSage

@EugeneTheSage Yes 3 hours is great, if you wish you can always sacrifice your meditation (sadhana) time to work in 3D modeling but that's up to you.

They have huge dormitories, so some halls include like 20 bunk beds and other halls have like 50. All dorms and bathrooms are super clean, they have workers clean the bathrooms everyday. 

If you wish you can also stay in a private cottage and the cheapest one costs like $10 a day for two people, so if you can share with someone it's half the price. However it's hard to say for how long you can get these cottages because of the high demand. I knew people who stay in them for months on end tho. There are no library facilities, so you would have to mostly work in the dorm or your private cottage. There are definitely places outside in the open where you can sit and chill and perhaps work on your laptop.

They do have smaller dorms with just 3-4 people in them but you have to be a participant of the Sadhanapada program for that which goes from July - March. It's already too late to apply for that, also the schedule is a bit tighter there because it's very Sadhana oriented so perhaps you might find it difficult to fit in your 3D modeling work.

To volunteer and stay for free of charge you have to complete Inner Engineering with Shambhavi Mahamudra. You don't have to complete the 40 day mandala, just completing the program is enough. You might have heard that the entire program is provided online these days including Shambhavi Mahamudra. 

Due to the pandemic, I believe you have to first get quarantined for 2 weeks before you can start volunteering. However these rules are so dynamic, that you should definitely check with the ashram beforehand. Write to an email to them to know more including if it's possible to go there at all. Regarding the visa, I volunteered there for 6 months with a tourist visa so it might be still possible to do that.

I'll PM the email address.

All the best and feel free to ask more questions if you have any! :) Btw i know a polish guy who stayed there for over a year, since you are also from Poland perhaps you might also wish to talk to him to get to know more information?

Edited by Chi_

On 7/28/2021 at 0:12 AM, Snader said:

He's been constantly suffering and backsliding because he's tried to develop faster than his psyche is able to tolerate.

@Snader What was he doing that caused this? 

33 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Snader What was he doing that caused this? 

Getting too radical insights through hardcore practices and psychedelic use, of which implications he is not yet ready to integrate due to lack of development, emotional serenity and understanding of spiritual phenomenon.

1 hour ago, Snader said:

Getting too radical insights through hardcore practices and psychedelic use, of which implications he is not yet ready to integrate due to lack of development, emotional serenity and understanding of spiritual phenomenon.

@Snader 

What did his hardcore practice entail? Did he become a monk? What psychedelics did he use? 

On 7/28/2021 at 0:12 AM, Snader said:

Just now he's awakening to the importance of other relative, more ordinary life matters.

What's he focusing on now? Stage Orange stuff like financial freedom? (well, he kind of already was)

Does he have a Life Purpose?

it's like saying I'm escaping the toilet to escape (or delay) my shit.

get your shit done and do whatever you wanna do afterwards! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Vision He did all kinds of different practices from which most irrelevant ones to him were breath work and psychedelics. What other things he did or which psychedelics he used is irrelevant. It was his irresponsible attitude and lack of basic psychological work that caused him all the struggle and confusion.

He has exhausted his Orange desires pretty well. He's still Green but a bit more humble and healthy. I sense there is some Yellow complexity arising in his thinking, although he's still ignorant against lots of stuff and will probably have to hit his head against a wall for a while longer. Right now he seems to be a bit confused and for that reason is being quite passive. Dealing with his relationships and some other fundamental life aspects at the moment.

Lots of that suffering he has I think is part of the package of doing spiritual work, but there is so much unnecessary suffering that is caused by a conditioned mind and unresolved trauma and most importantly, lack of understanding.

50 minutes ago, Snader said:

@Vision He did all kinds of different practices from which most irrelevant ones to him were breath work and psychedelics. What other things he did or which psychedelics he used is irrelevant. It was his irresponsible attitude and lack of basic psychological work that caused him all the struggle and confusion.

He has exhausted his Orange desires pretty well. He's still Green but a bit more humble and healthy. I sense there is some Yellow complexity arising in his thinking, although he's still ignorant against lots of stuff and will probably have to hit his head against a wall for a while longer. Right now he seems to be a bit confused and for that reason is being quite passive. Dealing with his relationships and some other fundamental life aspects at the moment.

Lots of that suffering he has I think is part of the package of doing spiritual work, but there is so much unnecessary suffering that is caused by a conditioned mind and unresolved trauma and most importantly, lack of understanding.

That hints me not to go into spirituality before I get my basic shit done. I don't want to be an Enlightened one working on a nine-to-five job. He associates with an exaggerated version of me

37 minutes ago, EugeneTheSage said:

That hints me not to go into spirituality before I get my basic shit done. I don't want to be an Enlightened one working on a nine-to-five job. He associates with an exaggerated version of me

Spirituality can and should be done with proper limits. You want to see your life as a whole and integrate spirituality into your everyday life, in the limits of balance that you personally require.

When people get into spirituality they often see it like they can't be a functional citizen of a society at the same time, that they should go all in. That's not how it is at all.

@EugeneTheSage there a few Osho Mediation centres in Europe that have work as meditation programs. Daily work is somewhere between 4-6 hours per day + meditations. Depending which centre the cost can in the range of 100 euros per month. It may be seasonal and may also involve sleeping in a tent. 

I could really use a program like that system of German welfare. I would use it to legitimately work on my purpose. But I’m from the U.S. 

Is it realistic that I could become a German citizen to use such a welfare service? 
I am an Italian Citizen with Italian passport as well, which means I technically should be able to work there. I just wonder if they would ever issue a non-citizen the welfare.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

I could really use a program like that system of German welfare. I would use it to legitimately work on my purpose. But I’m from the U.S. 

Is it realistic that I could become a German citizen to use such a welfare service? 
I am an Italian Citizen with Italian passport as well, which means I technically should be able to work there. I just wonder if they would ever issue a non-citizen the welfare.

As I know Arab guys pretty much abusively overuse Germany's welfare system?

On 7/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, EugeneTheSage said:

Yeah, my girlfriend suggested me to move to Mexico. I will consider it, because even with my current skills I could easily make 600$ dollars and rent a much more moderate apartment than you do and have even money to spare

I was thinking about Mexico too. Some Latinos I talk too say don’t go because it is dangerous. Idk

public transport there is not always safe. Someone could break into your apt and steal your computer, knowing you are a foreigner.

what of your computer breaks down?

are you going to order a part and trust that it gets delivered?

I think hidden expenses are there too.

and what about noise, Moctezuma’s revenge, cartels messing with the power grid, etc. haha. 
that’s why I might move to middle of nowhere Tennessee, to still have access to US amenities while living relatively cheap

Without speaking decent spanish it’s not easy to get what you need, and it takes like 6 months immersion to get decent.

I don’t mean to be paint a bad picture of Mexico, in fact, i would love to live there, but it’s important to look at realities.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

I was thinking about Mexico too. Some Latinos I talk too say don’t go because it is dangerous. Idk

public transport there is not always safe. Someone could break into your apt and steal your computer, knowing you are a foreigner.

what of your computer breaks down?

are you going to order a part and trust that it gets delivered?

I think hidden expenses are there too.

and what about noise, Moctezuma’s revenge, cartels messing with the power grid, etc. haha. 
that’s why I might move to middle of nowhere Tennessee, to still have access to US amenities while living relatively cheap

Without speaking decent spanish it’s not easy to get what you need, and it takes like 6 months immersion to get decent.

I don’t mean to be paint a bad picture of Mexico, in fact, i would love to live there, but it’s important to look at realities.

Merida is pretty safe city

On 26/07/2021 at 4:44 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

How does this end up working out? If you're really serious you could do it but I feel like being free handed money could make one uninterested to do much. 

This is the case for a lot of my friends - welfare is really popular in Australia, almost the norm when you first move out of home.

I've got a feeling that I will benefit from the attitude of taking no financial handouts, I'm absolutely privileged, but I'm trying to build my skill and reputation, this is how I want to earn an income.