Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Thoughts and the localization of consciousness?

11 posts in this topic

Don't know how to ask this ... I hope the title of the thread is not very weird...

Some hour ago I  was doing Yoga and suddenly it popped in my awareness that "I" wasn't anywhere...

So I started looking at my hand, and I thought :

"I must be there".

Then I look around at the window at the buildings far away and I started Contemplating:

"where this thought is happening?"

While I looked at the buildings, people walking by, trees, I asked myself "Is this thought happening 'there'"?

Because obviously I do not know where thoughts are really happening.

Because I went back to my room and sat in my bed and I tried sorting it out by saying "Here, here is where the thought is happening" while pointing at my head.

But, "here" is just a thought.

I can point to the chair near me and say "Here", does that make that suddenly my thoughts are happening 'in' the chair? 

And what if I look at the wall far away and say "here", I could too, since who draws the line between "here" the "there" LOL.

Does that make suddenly that the thoughts are happening in the wall?

And what does it even mean "here" and "there" by the way? It's just a word that has meaning because "here" means my head. So everything else is "there". But we already came to terms with the fact that "here" is a word. So where the fuck is my head?

Shit and they said that Yoga was relaxing and to calm the monkey mind. ?

Edited by Javfly33
Change there for here

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

"here" is just a thought

@Javfly33 There you have it. Thoughts are appearing nowhere/everyhere because these same concepts are thoughts.
Now get back to the practice without thinking:D

Edited by _Archangel_

21 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Shit and they said that Yoga was relaxing and to calm the monkey mind. ?

lmfao yoga is DAMN powerful imo

Here/there is a duality which will of course collapse.

There is only one place: nowhere.

All places are nowhere, nowhen, nohow, nothing.

Infinity has no center or ground. So you can never pin it down.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Here/there is a duality which will of course collapse.

There is only one place: nowhere.

All places are nowhere, nowhen, nohow, nothing.

Infinity has no center or ground. So you can never pin it down.

So mindfucky ?

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

and suddenly it popped in my awareness that "I" wasn't anywhere...

Yup. You as consciousness are nowhere. The universe is nowhere. Think of it, where could it even be? 

Consciousness is nowhere. Your mind is nowhere. The body is nowhere. Everything is no-where because "where" is part of everything. 

Sometimes I feel this nowhere so deeply that it becomes a little bit spooky? and then funny again. 

If "here" means "not-there" and "there" means "not-here", then "here" means not "here" and "there" means not "there"?

Another way to help explain this is by thinking of your eyeballs as webcams connected by a long cable.

Imagine if you could somehow detach these webcams from your skull and place them in a totally different location. Maybe even on the other side of the world so that your body and brain would be in Europe and your eyes would be in Australia.

Because of our addiction to visuality, it's easy to fall into the illusion that we merely sit behind the eyes as though they were like windows, but really they are more like cameras that can be placed anywhere without affecting your true location... which is nowhere.

Edited by cookiemonster

Keep in mind that all you see is a creation from the back of your brain based on the electrical impulses it receives from the optic nerve. a great job without a doubt, quite beautiful. but it is still a special effect. if you close your eyes it disappears

the outside mirrors and is no different from the inside

the created is just the creator fashioned into objects flung into the universe (location illusion)

and melting towards death (duration illusion)

you are saying let's see if these objects can form some nice art

34 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Keep in mind that all you see is a creation from the back of your brain based on the electrical impulses it receives from the optic nerve. a great job without a doubt, quite beautiful. but it is still a special effect. if you close your eyes it disappears

Hehehe. If you close your eyes you just see another part of infinity? ?

17 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Hehehe. If you close your eyes you just see another part of infinity? ?

well, imagine the following: they give you an intervention and they cut a wire from your brain and suddenly you stop having sensory information. no sight, no hearing, no touch, nothing. oh my god am i here trapped forever ... here? where? who is trapped? how long? What are you? You keep thinking and thinking, but there is no place to go, nothing happens. That little ego that you are stays well screwed there, you just need to cut another cable and your memory disappears. like a fetus, to zero. where are you then? do you exist? What are you?