Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_Esoteric

My Dad Has COVID-19

14 posts in this topic

I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing this but I need guidance! My dad's been going through a rough time, lately. He's been dealing with COVID for almost two weeks and I'm losing my mind here. He takes all kinds of vitamins and is staying indoors, at the moment! I'm uncertain as to whether he's improving but he seems like he is. I won't share to much but he's been coughing more than usual and at one point, he couldn't taste anything (which is one of the symptoms of the virus). Luckily, he can taste, again! Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I had it. The coughing came last, for me. It's when all the infected stuff in the lungs is starting to clear out.

If he can smell again, he's well on his way to be better I'd think.

Obviously if you want medical advice ask a doctor.

I could give you some tips to accelerate the lung cleansing. I had a certain routine that I used, because the coughing was persisting really long.

1. 25 minutes of steam inhalation, face above tub of hot water, towel over head
  2. 5-7 rounds of wim hof method breath (there's an app for it)
  3. 15 minutes of yoga

Avoid dairy, including cheese and lactose containing protein powder

Drink lots of water.

Take turmeric and ginseng.

Take a lot of vitamin D3 (way more than your doctor would recommend, I took like 150ug a day) and some zinc.

No cold showers until better. No workouts except walking and yoga.

Did any of this help me recover faster?

No f**ing clue. Maybe.

It felt good to be doing something, though.

I wish your dad a speedy recovery!

Edited by flowboy

I help adults with ADD to overcome self-doubt, function optimally and live their dreams through my proprietary coaching program.

https://calendly.com/erik-coaching/add-coaching-free-strategy-consult

Besides that, ♂ I offer single breakthrough calls for men on social life, dating, relationships and sexuality.

Are you sure he has Covid?

Has he been diagnosed by a test?

I would only advice to drink lots of water because the dehydration is notorious with Covid.

INFJ loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

Posted (edited)

@Preety_India Yeah. He was hospitalized, today. I didn't want to believe it. I was hoping he had a regular cold of some kind. I'm worried!!! He lost his sense of taste, at one point, but it returned. He's experiencing dry coughs, dizziness, high blood pressure and other symptoms. He's a bit dehydrated. My mom took him to the hospital, today. I wasn't there but she said they wouldn't let her go in with him and she came home crying.

Edited by Chris_Esoteric

Just now, Chris_Esoteric said:

@Preety_India Yeah. He was hospitalized, today. I didn't want to believe. I was hoping he had a regular cold of some kind. I'm worried!!! He lost his sense of taste, at one point, but it returned. He's experiencing dry coughs, dizziness, high blood pressure and other symptoms. He's a bit dehydrated. My mom took him to the hospital, today. I wasn't there but she said they wouldn't let her go in with him and she came home crying.

Please be strong. Praying for your family. ❤️ I really don't know what can be done other than whatever the doctors are already doing. I hope your dad has a speedy recovery. Bless you Chris.

INFJ loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

@Chris_Esoteric How old is he? Do he have any comorbidities ? 

Well , measure his spo2 level periodically.

If spo2 drops below 90 , do prone breathing technique. Search on youtube about it.

It will increase oxygen saturation.

Taking high citrus fruits. 

Dont give him any milk product until ge recovers.

Take protein rich diet like eggs, soya bean, chicken etc .

Do yoga if he feels better. 

Do pranyama .

Do meditation if he can sit . 

Listen binuaral healing frequencies for viruses . Search on google virus healing frequencies. It may help.

Take vitamins and mineral supplement.

And rest take medicines and follow doctors advice.

4 hours ago, Chris_Esoteric said:

I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing this but I need guidance! My dad's been going through a rough time, lately. He's been dealing with COVID for almost two weeks and I'm losing my mind here. He takes all kinds of vitamins and is staying indoors, at the moment! I'm uncertain as to whether he's improving but he seems like he is. I won't share to much but he's been coughing more than usual and at one point, he couldn't taste anything (which is one of the symptoms of the virus). Luckily, he can taste, again! Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

If I may ask, was your dad vaccinated?

Posted (edited)

@kray Previously, from getting COVID? No, he wasn't. 

Edit: I don't know how he's doing, right now or what he's going through. He's currently in the ER!

Edited by Chris_Esoteric

Best wishes to your father. Hope you are doing well also. <3 

@Chris_Esoteric get his vitamin D in check. f he is not getting exposed to sun a lot he can benefit from up to 5000 IU vitamin D for 3 months. 

Some Zinc Citrate (50mg) before bed can help boost his adaptive immune response and antibody production

Keep his diet light, mostly raw, high in fibre, low in salt, sugar, burned and grilled food.

A good echinacea tincture made by a herbalist or a herbalist company can help with recovery. 

Ivermectin if the doctor could prescribe it can be helpful

Add mushrooms to his meals for some addition beta glucan support 

I'd be careful with any systemic anti-inflammatories, you actually don't want to suppress immune function but you want to strengthen it. 

All the best, I'm sure he'll be better soon. 

MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men & women who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

HEALTH E-BOOKS - learn how to boost your mental performance, energy and health (free download) 

Posted (edited)

Why didn't you see a doctor right away? Even if you don't want it, then think about your father's health. At his age, experiencing covid19 is far from the easiest and most fun activity. You should listen to people's advice, but you should not always take all the people from the Internet at their word, especially in a situation like with your father. The doctor will tell you what to do. You and others need to protect yourself, so you should do quick tests more often from https://www.confirmbiosciences.com/covid19-instant-coronavirus-test-kit/ to know that you are not sick and do not expose others to danger. I hope you understand what I mean.

Edited by RobertsonAudrey