TheSelf

God doesn't know anything!

26 posts in this topic

ramana.JPG

basically that means there has to be something other than God's self so that God can know about, when there's only God, there's only one, that means that God doesn't know shit right? God is purely everything, no subject object relationship into existence so we can say God doesn't know anything.

what's your thoughts on this?

Edited by m0hsen

@m0hsen Essentially, yes. But don't confuse "knowing" with actual knowing. 

Knowing = Being

Consciousness knows itself by being itself. Consciousness is omniscient because it is everything.

@Tim R I think the point is there's no center which knows about everything else (no duality of subject object) this relationship doesn't exist, everything is self-aware, everything is equally God.

I don't give a shit does God knows or it doesn't know.I am so greatful ,couldn't be more for things he done to me.Will forever remember.

Edited by Zeroguy

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

ramana.JPG

basically that means there has to be something other than God's self so that God can know about, when there's only God, there's only one, that means that God doesn't know shit right? God is purely everything, no subject object relationship into existence so we can say God doesn't know anything.

what's your thoughts on this?

I doubt Ramana Maharshi has said this. Usually when people talked about God in front of him, he made sure to turn them back to the self investigation and said not to concern themselves with God. At least from what I have heard and read from Ramana. 

Anyone can write up any quote and put it as if someone from the past has said it - Einstein.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

What is Self-awareness, other than Self-knowledge? Consciousness is not entirely Self-aware, by design, in order to experience its creations. But ultimately, it is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just now, Dodo said:

I doubt Ramana Maharshi has said this. Usually when people talked about God in front of him, he made sure to turn them back to the self investigation and said not to concern themselves with God.

That's not true, Ramana Maharshi said a lot about God also, you welcome to read the book "Talks with Ramana Maharshi".

11 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

That's not true, Ramana Maharshi said a lot about God also, you welcome to read the book "Talks with Ramana Maharshi".

Even still, no one has authority over God. It is so infinite that no one entity can speak about it with accuracy from where I'm standing. I listen to Ramana and other spiritual teachers, but I don't take all words as gold. Have to remember that they are all human and make errors. 

In maths those errors can be proven, but when we are not dealing with an exact science, those errors will slide and will get spread like a virus. God knows nothing? You know nothing, John Snow! Big respect for Ramana and his Self Inquiry pointings.  Dont take all words of gurus as golden truth.

I can call bullshit on anyone, even Buddha, when I see it. That doesnt mean they werent profound, but when you put yourself out there, you are bound to make mistakes also. 

Just a simple example, there are these tricky math questions on YouTube and people in the comments usually speak complete BS out of ignorance, but there are many likes and groupthink and if it wasnt maths, those BS comments would be considered truth. Well.... You can see how a subject as big as God, we have to be extremely careful and its not as easy to verify - see you are asking others what they think, and if they agree, you will agree... And since Ramana said it, you agree...

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

Anyone can write up any quote and put it as if someone from the past has said it - Einstein.

09edb3703f8d4bdb6a0226b2ac3919ba.jpg

Why so serious?

PS: Don't be so focussed on being right. Focus more on being. ;)

Why so serious?

Omniscience is beyond what humans call knowing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Labeling apparent reality as God is perfect and simultaneously flawed.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

'Something' is a manifestation/reflection of Nothing/Everything within the relative domain. The relative domain is itself a manifestation/fractalic facet of Nothing/Everything. In the absolute sense, there is nothing external - external as in being separate from That in which 'something' is occurring. That which is being held within Consciousness(the content of experience) is not only taking place within Consciousness --> They are not separate, they are 'not two'. 

In order for anything to be manifested as 'this something' which 'this right now' appears to be as -- this 'something' must be already one with 'this right now'. 
What is the reason for 'something' to appear within Awareness the way it does right now?

Well, God is truly infinite and thus there's nothing to limit 'it' from appearing/experiencing anything.

God's will is all-powerful.

Being and knowing are identical in actuality. Which means that You are the knowing itself(all-knowing) and everything which can ever be known/directly experienced because You are Absolute Infinity.

Absolute Infinity has a Will as there's nothing stopping 'it' from having one. Which means 'it' is absolutely free & unbounded. 

The reason the content of experience appears to be always changing is because the 'glass' is always empty.(nothing=everything) There is no time, so this 'always' is the Now itself/God which is one with the content of experience in the absolute sense.

Oh God, so many words here in 'my' post, yet  not even two. Hahaha

:P:x:D

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

consciousness is nothing but conceptual nothing remotely comprehensible 

11 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

PS: Don't be so focussed on being right. Focus more on being. ;)

fair point :P 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Who knows. 

God knows ? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Dodo

Who knows God knows. 

It was just the saying, "God knows" when you don't know something , not a statement about what is true. I thought you also meant "Who knows" as in the statement,  not inquiry ?

11 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

[insert random abstract quote about reality here]

Wow this quote definitely rings true and I cannot possibly disprove it because its a paradoxical loop 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟