Rishi K Dev

Video request for leo

16 posts in this topic

Leo can u do a video about language. Its birth and evolution, and how it takes part in self deception.

Also if any one have high quality teaching  about language, please share.

Language is a tricky, tricky thing to explain. I am only human.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I looked many resources, if you can find high quality resources about language please share?

2 minutes ago, Rishi K Dev said:

I looked many resources, if you can find high quality resources about language please share?

There really aren't any. Almost nobody understands the metaphysics of language.

Is it because of the fact that the language can't explain with language?

Language is what conditions people. People have associations of language. Also, Terence McKenna had the idea that reality IS language, and that our goal is to learn how to speak it.

13 minutes ago, Rishi K Dev said:

Is it because of the fact that the language can't explain with language.

Certainly you'll need consciousness, not language, to understand language.

There is a deep self-reference problem there. A knife cannot cut itself.

@Rishi K Dev

Hey I tend to talk more on the forum and less privately.

So ask me anything you want here on the forum (except personal questions)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sneaky devil you are

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You have a specialty for tricky explanation-tasks. Deconstructing science, spirituality, non-duality, holism, perception. Truth. I don't know who else would be able to pull this one, quite frankly, except for you!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Leo Gura Maybe explain the feelings with which language is birthed? Throughout my contemplation, I've noticed that there is a specific feeling for every thought and word. To give you an example, as a musician, I swear music is an underdeveloped language. It's a language beyond words that only uses notes and patterns to communicate emotion not so dissimilar to what words do. Just something to entertain. 

First, imagine this experience (life) without the existence of language. That might give you some insight.

On 24/07/2021 at 6:10 PM, Rishi K Dev said:

Also if any one have high quality teaching  about language, please share.

Check out the research and books of Noam Chomsky: https://linguistics.mit.edu/user/chomsky/ . He has dedicated his life to this pursuit. 

Keep in mind that he grounds his theory of language on evolutionary biology (meaning our capacity for language is inherited). He does not have a metaphysical explanation. 

In a low dose acid trip i saw how when you form sentences and phrases you build a whole world with each word. And i saw how this creates very complex states of being.

For example i saw how the expression "have to" connects very deeply with survival. So in a sense, when you speak to yourself, or to others, using "have to", you are tickling deep parts of the brain. And based on how conscious the individual is, this will trigger different emotions with different intensities. 

Basically it creates the whole world, by permitting the ego sense of personal self to exist. It's a more sophisticated form of ego, which allows civilization and society to exist, which is a huge survival advantage than just hormones and instincts and genes and DNA and stuff.

And it is a substratum for the next phase of evolution, just as the animal body is the structure that permits language, and the rocks and stars and stuff are the structure that sustain the animal etc.

But that's all i can say right now. Anything else just flies off into infinity, which when you try to put INTO language it breaks it. I'm curious what else can be said about language though xD

@Bogdan Brilliant work!

An interesting idea I can give you along similar lines is to look into absolute morality and what it is, how that shapes our worldview. Prepare to be shocked about that one!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee