Preety_India

I have decided to not have children because of population.

42 posts in this topic

I have decided that I won't have kids because I don't wish to contribute anymore to the population. I'll anyways die one day and that would be the end of it.

I can't bear the overpopulation.

INTP loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

Posted (edited)

Good on you for making your own decisions rather than being swayed by family and social pressures and conditioning. 

Yes, world population is increasing fast but I've no idea what is a critical level. The situation varies a lot in different countries, for example there's population density as a factor as well as total population. And different ethnic groups within the overall country. 

By the way you can still become a parent without increasing the population, for example by adopting, fostering or being a step-parent. If that's your calling in life. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

What if your theoretical child grows up to become an important leader? Would it mean more harm to not have a child, if you can raise children that are spiritually highly developed? I wonder about that question sometime. 

@Philipp in this hyper materialistic plastic world, I'll raise a spiritually highly developed leader ?

I consider myself spiritually well developed. 

And I want out of this world. Not because of  misanthropy.

I simply don't fit into this ultra materialistic survival driven world dynamic.

To bring a child into this world would be a huge error on my part after all the spiritual growth I had over last 3 years.

@4201  I haven't yet decided about it as it's not as easy as it sounds.

Will I be able to humanely love a child that's not mine ? It's a question I would like to ponder on. 

For time being, I haven't thought too much about it 

But options are open for the future.

@Preety_India Spirituality is materialism. Materialism is love. Just conduct yourself consciously and it won't matter too much,.

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Will I be able to humanely love a child that's not mine ?

Lol well, no child is actually YOURS. You don’t OWN any child, even one that comes out of you...

Ownership is an ego thing

so yeah maybe you could be able to “love” an adopted child... Maybe.

Edited by blankisomeone

Just now, blankisomeone said:

Lol well, no child is actually YOURS. You don’t OWN any child, even one that comes out of you...

Ownership is an egoic thing

so yeah sure you’d be able to “love” an adopted child... Maybe.

It wasn't about ownership..it was about love.

There's a biological love exists for the child in one's womb. There's a bonding of 9 months.

I decided to not take a shit because sewage is polluting the water supply in Uzbekistan 😂

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Posted (edited)

How authentic is this? It sounds like you are attached to the identity of someone who's passionate about population.

Having kids is a selfish act indeed, but not all selfishness is bad.

Are you fixed in your position, or flexible towards possible changes in your value system down the road?

Edited by Terell Kirby

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Are you fixed in your position, or flexible towards possible changes in your value system down the road?

If human population declines significantly, rat race comes to an end or at least becomes bearable and general humanity evolves to bearable levels of consciousness with less mayhem, suicides and crimes,

Then..

I'll give birth.

Till then I won't bring my kids into this pathetic world and let them suffer.

They deserve a better world. And not just my kids (for that matter).

@Terell Kirby I stand my ground. I'll stand the same ground,even down the road.

I have firmly decided that this world is not worthy of having my children.

And this population is too much to bear.

The population must decline if we are to survive as collective humanity.

And in that regard, I'm not going to contribute to a burgeoning population and add to such suffering.

I have a civic responsibility as a global citizen.

Isn't there beauty in this world, that is worth the eyes that had to be created to see them?

10 minutes ago, Philipp said:

Isn't there beauty in this world, that is worth the eyes that had to be created to see them?

Not for me.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I have firmly decided that this world is not worthy of having my children.

Ouch, that one stings.

I respect your position, but I would hate for you to miss out on the possibility for something beautiful due to rigidity / being jaded.

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Ouch, that one stings.

I respect your position, but I would hate for you to miss out on the possibility for something beautiful due to rigidity / being jaded.

Sometimes nihilism is the most beautiful thing! A gift !

In the deepest moments of pain and agony, it becomes a medicine. A healing balm on wounds.

Posted (edited)

I feel sorry for you that you don't see any beauty in this world, that you only see the negative. That kind of karma will almost ensure you will be back here again. It's the trap many in this forum fall into I notice... they can't get past what they perceive to be the bad state that the world and humanity are in, and can't make that leap to radical acceptance. You'll have other chances.... peace and love. ^_^

I'm working on trying to integrate all spiral dynamics levels in a healthy manner myself. It's a process.

Edited by sholomar

It’s your life, and you determine how to live it! No right or wrong, just a different perspective.

It also has to be said that the population numbers will stabilize, regardless of your individual decision.

Africa will boom with an industrial revolution as well and the population should stabilize at around 13 billion people.

The reason for this is that highly developped countries do not have many kids, only poor countries and countries in development do. After all countries become developped there will no longer be population booms.

Just look at Japan, their numbers are going down because they have less than 2 children per couple.